SF2: England 2-1 Denmark

Yorkie

Just now, LiquidAK said:

WE ARE IN A FUCKING FINAL I AM BUZZING!!!!! the streets of my tiny town walking home were full of people singing and being happy - this is fucking brilliant. 

SHOULD ADD being a newcastle fan we basically never see finals. THIS IS FUCKING GREAT

1 minute ago, Rompe said:

As a neutral I think Harry Kane has to be the most annoying player in this tournament, my god he goes down so easy. A diving masterclass today.

England hater!

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Last thing I wanna do is take it away from our lads cos, despite the fortune with the pen, we absolutely deserved to win - but I've no idea what Denmark's gameplan was really. After half-time they barely tried to win the game. 

Those 3 subs halfway through the second half were mad.

Took off their best player too

Last thing I wanna do is take it away from our lads cos, despite the fortune with the pen, we absolutely deserved to win - but I've no idea what Denmark's gameplan was really. After half-time they barely tried to win the game. 

presumably get to pens and bet on englands atrocious penalty record to see them through, not the worst plan ever 

Yeah it was very strange, they seemed to be picking up spaces all over and looking threatening quite often. 

There was a minute where Southgate had a word with Mount and changed the midfield setup a bit, not sure if that affected it at all. 

Thought that was a proper test of England for 60 minutes, which they passed. They went toe-to-toe with a really impressive team IMO.

After that, and the Danish subs, I thought England were far too cavalier against a team very much waiting to get beat. Don't think England will have major fatigue issues going into Sunday, and they have depth anyway, but I do think Southgate made them play a needless 30 minutes by not being a bit more aggressive.

If I'm pissing on chips:

Spoiler

I do think it's reflective of England not being as well coached as they could be (or will be, as they are still such a young team with many tournaments ahead of them). England's talent far outstrips that of Denmark so arguably this ought not to have been such an even battle for 60 minutes. Italy obviously represent an even harder challenge on Sunday but anything can happen in 90/120 minutes.

BTW I think it's potentially a huge positive for Sunday that tonight was so draining. Hopefully means we won't fall apart at the first sign of trouble against the Italians, there will be adversity at the very least and hopefully we are more prepared for it now. 

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Those 3 subs halfway through the second half were mad.

Took off their best player too

Curious the logic behind removing Dolberg, he was all over Maguire. Oh well! 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah it was very strange, they seemed to be picking up spaces all over and looking threatening quite often. 

There was a minute where Southgate had a word with Mount and changed the midfield setup a bit, not sure if that affected it at all. 

:lol: Don't you even go there with Southgate. I realize you guys love him, but this game should've been won in that 2nd half instead he went cautiously which could've easily cost you in extra time. As for what changed the game it was conditioning that killed the game for Denmark as well as their subs. They can't bring on players like Grealish, Foden etc. Damsinho and Dolberg were just shattered early in the 2nd half and for the last 15 minutes of extra time they played with 10 men due to injury to Jensen as well. 

Honestly we were fighting against something more than just football there. After what happened to CE we fought an army, not just a Danish football one, but far more than that and we got through it. No one else did and we park ourselves in the final. Doesn't matter how we did it, Denmark would take this all other teams bar Italy and maybe even they would take this victory. so fuck off those trying to write it off, this is magnificent. Its a great day for England and I'm proud as fuck to be in a final. anyone trying to belittle it is just a sad jealous cunt. Football is coming fucking home.

1 minute ago, Beren said:

Thought that was a proper test of England for 60 minutes, which they passed. They went toe-to-toe with a really impressive team IMO.

After that, and the Danish subs, I thought England were far too cavalier against a team very much waiting to get beat. Don't think England will have major fatigue issues going into Sunday, and they have depth anyway, but I do think Southgate made them play a needless 30 minutes by not being a bit more aggressive.

If I'm pissing on chips:

Reveal hidden contents

I do think it's reflective of England not being as well coached as they could be (or will be, as they are still such a young team with many tournaments ahead of them). England's talent far outstrips that of Denmark so arguably this ought not to have been such an even battle for 60 minutes. Italy obviously represent an even harder challenge on Sunday but anything can happen in 90/120 minutes.

:clap: Agree with every word. You're not that bad after all. 

Foden during the celebration :love: he was class when he came on. Not his tourney but we've got lots to look forward to with him.

What a leader Sterling has turned into. He's a weird, frustrating player, but he's provided cutting edge all tournament and always looked to step up when it counts. Class. 

I think Italy will tear us up a bit, tbh, but this will have been a great journey regardless - you've got to enjoy these moments.