PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

11 hours ago, Slim said:

Brilliant. Never seen this. 

Hopefully he’ll also do a vid on the proper use of the word ‘peddle’

It doesn’t mean to sack or get rid of something as seems to get used round here a lot. You only ‘peddle’ a manager if you are trying to sell him/ offer him for sale. Like Pardew used to do with our best players. 

So if you are saying ‘Bruce should be peddled’, you are essentially saying ‘Bruce should be offered for sale’ or we should convince someone to buy him. 

I’ll get off me high horse now. :lol:

Edited by LV

On 09/10/2021 at 00:46, Wullie said:

I'll never forget the way Hurst went on over the SackPardew campaign. Just a complete arsehole. 

He gets his mush on 5Live (based entirely on being the person hanging around Michael Martin when he decided he couldn't be arsed anymore) to say things like, "Why are Newcastle fans being targeted about the Saudis, nothing to do with us!" which is a fair point but not when you then print a Saudi Mags t-shirt you fucking helmet. Just makes us all look a total bunch of gormless wankers.

Spineless dickheads like him are the thing that makes me baulk most at jumping straight back in. He's hogged limelight for knocking on ten years about how badly the club was run, all the while shovelling money into Mike Ashley's pocket. Now he's all "We've done it!!!". If it had anything to do with you he'd have been here forever you fat Tory wank.

This is tremendous. Is there a Football Ace Posts thread? 

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Ben said:

The club must be taking back control of hospitality 

Probably on the long term.  It's probably that they need them for events etc with Xmas coming up with the current labour supply.

Man, it's already happening. Staff are being hired rather than cut. This is great.

That picture of them at the long table talking to the staff at St James, spoke a thousand words to me. Engaging, approachable, interested and ambitious. So very normal but also lightyears from where we were a week ago.

Guest reefatoon

This week is going to be tremendous, having a club now with clear communication. We are going to have stories and news all week, hearing about them meeting the players tomorrow, kicking Bruce out, hearing further plans and all building up to the game on Sunday, where the atmosphere is going to be insane. This is what it’s supposed to be like to follow a football club. Can’t bloody wait, loving it!

Dunno about anyone else but I feel absolutely whacked today.

It's been such an intense few days, the longest-lasting intense amounts of emotion I've felt in years and years, arguably ever when it comes to the club. It's difficult to sum-up, my mind has been going at a million miles an hour about all the things associated with this takeover, the list of which is far far longer than "Ashley is gone yey," (though that is obviously number one). Surprise, elation, excitement, relief, optimism, trepidation, conflictedness, a sudden sense of responsibility, even some anxiety.

It's just been absolutely mad and I'm longing for the football to actually get here, cos another week of us all being totally intoxicated on the initial feeling - whilst also having to navigate our way around the debates we've all been thrown into, and coming to terms with the reality- is going to be absolutely exhausting. 

I don’t know if I can put this into words properly but hopefully I can. 

Does anybody else want to savour this? By that I mean, I’m not sure I want us to go from zero to 100 immediately. Not sure I want us to have instant success. I want this to last a long time. I want to enjoy us becoming great again. 

Am I the only one feeling this way? I know I should be grateful to be able to feel this way at all after the 14 years we’ve had. 

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Dunno about anyone else but I feel absolutely whacked today.

It's been such an intense few days, the longest-lasting intense amounts of emotion I've felt in years and years, arguably ever when it comes to the club. It's difficult to sum-up, my mind has been going at a million miles an hour about all the things associated with this takeover, the list of which is far far longer than "Ashley is gone yey," (though that is obviously number one). Surprise, elation, excitement, relief, optimism, trepidation, conflictedness, a sudden sense of responsibility, even some anxiety.

It's just been absolutely mad and I'm longing for the football to actually get here, cos another week of us all being totally intoxicated on the initial feeling - whilst also having to navigate our way around the debates we've all been thrown into, and coming to terms with the reality- is going to be absolutely exhausting. 

I feel the same, however Bruce sacking this week will give another topic of conversation to focus on as well.

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I don’t know if I can put this into words properly but hopefully I can. 

Does anybody else want to savour this? By that I mean, I’m not sure I want us to go from zero to 100 immediately. Not sure I want us to have instant success. I want this to last a long time. I want to enjoy us becoming great again. 

Am I the only one feeling this way? I know I should be grateful to be able to feel this way at all after the 14 years we’ve had. 

I think we need to keep our feet on the ground a little and see what the next few weeks bring.  You'll get a decent idea of the level of investment and plan going forward by who they appoint in key positions.

Talk of spending tens of millions in January might not come to fruition and it's important that there's no ill feeling off the back of it.