PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

14 hours ago, huss9 said:

nowt wrong with the Palace banner today.

but where have their concerns been over the years?

we get taken over and all of a sudden they're offended?

just wish they'd also go and stand outside buckingham palace when they have them round for tea, or downing st.

I thought TRon’s comments on the banner were a bit weird yesterday, but after this am I right to be reading them as though he’s annoyed about the darker skin tone because it’s somehow more offensive that way?

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

I thought TRon’s comments on the banner were a bit weird yesterday, but after this am I right to be reading them as though he’s annoyed about the darker skin tone because it’s somehow more offensive that way?

Aye :lol: It’s racist because they’ve over darkened MBS.

As someone mentioned a few weeks ago, us Newcastle fans are going to have to grow a very thick skin and quickly, as this will be a new constant away from home, our stewards will have to be on the ball because the fuckers will start to try to bring them into SJP as well. 

20 hours ago, Scoot said:

Considering this was the very same ground that the stewards wouldn’t let me take in a banner saying “Sports Redirect” on the grounds it could incite trouble leading me to have to smuggle it in for a very quick appearance before they forced its removal I’m surprised this one got the green light. Or perhaps I shouldn’t be with what’s going on in the boardrooms of the other clubs. 

18 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I'm honestly not sure so I can't be arsed arguing about it, but - I can see how it could be seen as racist to massively darken an Arab persons skin as part of wanting to depict them as an evil barbaric person. MBS is nowhere near that colour, he's very light skinned.

Please don’t take us down this street. We’ve already lost one :lol: 

On 23/10/2021 at 17:12, toontownman said:

https://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2021-10-23/newcastle-united-u-turn-and-say-fans-can-wear-traditional-arabic-costumes

Completely missed this and the dan roan tweets above. Thought people were just being defiant in the away end today.

Probably because there was a lot of people (on here in particular) who ridiculed those just having some harmless fun and claim it be offensive on behalf of others not wanting to make so much noise about it when it turns out there never was anything offensive about it or anyone offended by it.

I pointed out that from the wording of the original statement it was obvious it was just arse covering after the KIO stuck their nose in. Very impressed the club has clarified their statement but it was always clear to me they never really wanted to put it out in the first place and nor should they of had to.