PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

On 15/12/2021 at 20:35, Rafalove said:

Great reading the stories about our progression under the 90’s most of which I wasn’t aware of. Does anyone have any proof of any of this? Just when people say we “outsold Liverpool”, it seems unbelievable to be honest. Any non Newcastle fan reading this would think we’ve gone full rtg.

Freddie Fletcher said we broke the record, I presume either for shirts sales or money made from them, in 1993 - if so then we outsold everyone.

Remember hearing that we were second only to Man United and third in the UK behind Man U and Rangers in the mid 90s commercially, sort of thing you'd see on the season video installments or in the official black and white magazine the club did, probably again from Fletcher, but no can't confirm where without researching.

There used to be thousands queuing around the city to get the new shirts and they did big launches for them. Can't remember if it was asics or adidas but trucks carrying them got knicked too. Was an absolute clamour back then and the media often picked up on how many of our fans wore the shirts which must have stood out compared to others.

Edited by Wolfcastle

On 15/12/2021 at 21:35, pedro111 said:

Aye I remember going to the Odeon for the games it was packed. That fit lass from Metro Radio used to host it or something. Went to loads of beam backs at SJP too. 

Also remember watching the away match at Liverpool at the City Hall.

Great times. ?

2 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Every club sponsorship deal worth more than £1 million a year will have to be submitted to the Premier League to be checked that it is not an “associated party” transaction, according to new regulations sent to top-flight clubs.

It adds: “Where the board determines that [it] is an associated party transaction or that it has reasonable grounds to suspect that it is otherwise than at arm’s length, it will conduct a fair market value assessment of it.”

Each club will have to provide financial details of all sponsorship deals they have done since 2016 to form a “databank” that will be used to determine fair market values. Promoted clubs will have to provide the past five years of their sponsorship transactions.

The regulations state that the information would only be used for the fair market value assessments and would be “subject to strict information security measures agreed by the board and clubs, including as to access rights, storage, retention and deletion”.

4 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Each club will have to provide financial details of all sponsorship deals they have done since 2016 to form a “databank” that will be used to determine fair market values.

:lol: the lengths they're going to, to preserve the status quo is fuckin ridiculous.

26 minutes ago, Wilson said:

:lol: the lengths they're going to, to preserve the status quo is fuckin ridiculous.

Pretty appalling really. They’re using previous sponsorships dating back to 2016 as a benchmark, rather than what other clubs have been receiving for years. This allows for the likes of City to continue receiving huge sums whilst limiting any possible growth.

If true, the club I’m sure will be taking them to court again, and I can’t feasibly see how anyone could not see this as being anything other than anti-competitive.

I’ve really had my eyes opened to the extent the supposed big 6 have turned the league into a complete racket. 

I don’t see any issues here 

if we get sponsored by a PIF related company it’s goes to an independent panel and we can get fair market value (which we can argue should be amongst the top in the premier league) 

reasons - We are now the richest club in the world and nearly every company involved with PIF would love to be associated  with a team with such potential , TEAM on the rise , future champions league , chance to have their business/company shown all over EUROPE/MENA regions 

Of its Saudi state sponsors - We have already proved separation , so no need to again ?

Also we can employ the best lawyers going and will do.

Edited by JonBez comesock

2 minutes ago, MagCA said:

Not finding it super fun that now we have a new shiny rich as fuck takeover all this red tape has suddenly appeared 

Take them to court and I’m certain they will. Any legal action could actually blow football apart as it could also impact FFP rules. 

2 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Unlucky lads :lol:

They made such a big song and dance about getting clarity that we aren't owned by the Saudi state and now they're saying related party transactions have to be fair market value (PIF sponsorship) that they've left tje door wide open for us to be state sponsored.

Guest reefatoon
12 minutes ago, MagCA said:

Not finding it super fun that now we have a new shiny rich as fuck takeover all this red tape has suddenly appeared 

Have to agree. I’m so trying to enjoy football again, but all this shite just puts you right off. The whole thing is corrupt to fuck, and rinses any kind of enjoyment you want to get from football. You just look at it all and think, what’s the fucking point.

Edited by reefatoon

19 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Have to agree. I’m so trying to enjoy football again, but all this shite just puts you right off. The whole thing is corrupt to fuck, and rinses any kind of enjoyment you want to get from football. You just look at it all and think, what’s the fucking point.

Our team and form don’t help either mind ?

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

All these rules brought in to stop one club growing and under the pretence of an independent company deciding it.

Only one place this is heading and I suspect we’ll win again.

Need to start the legal action immediately as otherwise the top 6 (except City) will just keep introducing stuff. The whole thing is totally anti-competitive and restraint of trade. They already have a bundle of evidence saved up even before this new vote.

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Need to start the legal action immediately as otherwise the top 6 (except City) will just keep introducing stuff. The whole thing is totally anti-competitive and restraint of trade. They already have a bundle of evidence saved up even before this new vote.

And when they do take them to court they need to take them all the way. No settlements or nothing as they'll just make up more rules further down the line. Take them all the way and show them up.

14 minutes ago, Scoot said:

And when they do take them to court they need to take them all the way. No settlements or nothing as they'll just make up more rules further down the line. Take them all the way and show them up.

Totally agree and it needs to be done immediately as I’m quite certain that the sponsorship they have lined up will probably be impacted. It’s a sure win case in my opinion as a set of companies can’t set rules for another company in relation to business trade.

Edited by et tu brute