PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

36 minutes ago, duo said:

I don't see how this is anyway means big investment is coming. I also don't see this as being a good thing. We will become like Man City - just total disconnect between fans and owners. Sod the trophy.

If we become like Man City winning trophy after trophy, I can handle that.

9 minutes ago, duo said:

This isn't positive in any way

I can understand being apprehensive about it, but it was an entirely predictable and expected outcome. It may be slightly accelerated due to investment plans or due to her own financial obligations. It actually has a higher chance of leading to positive things than negative, except for potentially the women's team. That's the one area where I could understand some real question marks in terms of commitment and ambition.

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I can understand being apprehensive about it, but it was an entirely predictable and expected outcome. It may be slightly accelerated due to investment plans or due to her own financial obligations. It actually has a higher chance of leading to positive things than negative, except for potentially the women's team. That's the one area where I could understand some real question marks in terms of commitment and ambition.

Don't city have a good female team with similar views I'm owners country ?

3 minutes ago, Slim said:

Oh, that wasn't my angle. More just how supportive Staveley seems to have been.

Though I just saw there was a huge signing today so maybe nothing to worry about there either.

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

Didn’t someone post a Nike ad made for the Saudi market highlighting women’s sports and in particular football? I see them continuing with investment in the womens team tbh.

15 minutes ago, duo said:

think it'll have any impact on transfers? as Mitchell has only just walked through the door?

I dont think it impacts at all - if anything, I feel we might see some more ruthlessness/underhandedness from Saudi now that Mandy isn't there as a check.

I cannot work out if this is positive or not. On one hand I expected it one day, albeit not this soon. And as others have said, it is likely they’ve been unable to match PIF and the Reuben’s investment and been forced into this move. However, I did expect them to stay on at the club in some capacity.

Amanda posting on Instagram 11 weeks ago that she was staying only for this to happen does make me feel that this is not her decision and not been expected. The fact we appointed a top class Sporting Director less than a week ago does give me confidence that the ambition is there still.

EDIT - I do wonder if this is possibly to streamline decision making and give Eales and Mitchell more of a say. 

Edited by Danh1

5 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

I dont think it impacts at all - if anything, I feel we might see some more ruthlessness/underhandedness from Saudi now that Mandy isn't there as a check.

I don't think she would have stopped any underhandedness, but that's not their style anyway.

She had to get PIF to sign off on her recommendations anyway so the way I see it now that red tape has been removed we'll finally be able to see the real intentions of PIF. They've been at arm's length essentially only stepping in when required.

I want to see their true vision, not just what they've agreed to.

5 hours ago, Bishops Finger said:

There's some right bellends in the world isn't there

It's Shak ffs, an obvious joke referencing N-O folklore. :lol:

5 hours ago, Shak said:

And I actually didn't know she had a medical condition, so for that aspect of the post I do apologise.

What an idiot this guy is btw.

Just now, Gaztoon said:

Just read  a header that PIF have bought the shares.. was the chronicle mind.

Downie said that too. Probably the case. Reubens seem content with what they have. Be interesting if they sell up.. political influence under a Labour government isn't so useful all of a sudden.

Just now, Numbers said:

Our Fans always find a way to worry about stuff :lol:, this was always going to happen, they dont have the money to invest sadly.

The bedwetting to change on here is pretty standard. :lol: :lol: 

Some wealthy people are taking a cut of their deal with the ultra wealthy to remain wealthy. Appreciate their efforts in ridding our club of that fucking parasite, but PCP leaving is part of our evolution into reaching football's elite. 
:clap: 

Again some right fannies on here, it was always going to happen, she even said so herself. Do we stop investment money coming in because she hasn't got the money to match her share? She won't be forgotten, but it's time to take the next stage of the process 

Edited by et tu brute

From a purely business perspective, they were minority shareholders who were initially needed to run the club. The club haven't spent potentially millions of pounds putting together an executive team to have Staveley and Mehrdad still running things. They cannot match the input financially of the Reubens or PIF so their value as investors is diminished. There is no need for them to hang around any longer and can take what I assume is a fairly substantial ROI off into the sunset.

On a purely personal level I'd love them to stay involved but there is simply no business reason for it. There is nothing to worry about.

4 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

From a purely business perspective, they were minority shareholders who were initially needed to run the club. The club haven't spent potentially millions of pounds putting together an executive team to have Staveley and Mehrdad still running things. They cannot match the input financially of the Reubens or PIF so their value as investors is diminished. There is no need for them to hang around any longer and can take what I assume is a fairly substantial ROI off into the sunset.

On a purely personal level I'd love them to stay involved but there is simply no business reason for it. There is nothing to worry about.

Yes, but aside from that, everything is terrible right?

TBF she is a professional middle man, it's her job, I think this particular investment pulled on her heart strings (definitely her husbands) but she was always going to move on 

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

TBF she is a professional middle man, it's her job, I think this particular investment pulled on her heart strings (definitely her husbands) but she was always going to move on 

Yes, was involved in the Man City takeover was she not? Expected much the same with us but glad she hung around long after that as the soul of the takeover which perhaps lead me to think it would be different and she'd be here long term, certainly imagined that, which is perhaps where some discomfort comes in.

Sad day, undoubtedly the human face of the club and the tenacity she showed to rid us of the parasite will never be forgotten in this city.

Think we’d already seen though that Eales and Silverstone have assumed running of the business side and bar giving her a non executive role, I suspect they’ve thought the time is right for them to concentrate on other things as the day to day running of the club now takes care of itself.

Her and husband will always be warmly welcomed and hopefully she is there when we finally lift that first trophy.