PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

It's just time to move to the next phase. She said practically from day 1 that this is likely to happen. Her shares have already nearly been diluted by half and any major forthcoming investment (likely), would see her shares wiped out totally as she doesn't have the funds. As I said the other day, she won't be forgotten, but I've no doubt whatsoever that the moves happening are going to be purely for the benefit of the club.

How can anyone say she didn't love the club. She was at every home and away match showed massive backing to the manager the players and the women's team. Always came out with responses if fans where unhappy or upset she wouldn't do that if she couldn't give a toss. 

I was at St James last night for a work do, it feels classy again, the Ashley stench has finally gone. Staveley knows what quality looks like and has projected that onto the club. Ashley wore the worst quality clothes from his tat shop, cheapness was his mantra.

As my old boss used to say "Buy once, cry once"

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

Much of her role was really as the spokesperson for the club, liaison between PIF and the fans. A softer public face than an authoritarian foreign regime. 

That's what we'll miss. Who does that now?

My thoughts exactly because, despite the executive team being in place , the ownership group cannot fully delegate the responsibility of being the custodian of the club.

16 minutes ago, andycap said:

How can anyone say she didn't love the club. She was at every home and away match showed massive backing to the manager the players and the women's team. Always came out with responses if fans where unhappy or upset she wouldn't do that if she couldn't give a toss. 

No one is saying she didn't give a toss, but it's naive to think that a ruthless businesswoman, with no qualms about working with despotic regimes and some other very unsavory people, did that out of love.

43 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Who are the spokesmen/women at other successful clubs out of interest?

Whilst I see what you're saying and of course clubs can be successful without such a role, but fucking hell hasn't it been nice just having some decent communications? Why would we want that to stop?

Some of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves! Some of you deserved Mike Ashley. Anyone who says anything remotely negative about Amanda Staveley should be banned from this forum, Newcastle and within 20 miles of the River Tyne. Is that plane still going to Rwanda!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Everything positive about us in 2024 was driven by her. If people can't see that I'd take a white stick and Labrador on that Rwandan flight because you'll never find your way back.

She has to have financial issues otherwise she'd keep her shares as they are only going up so if she has a cash flow problem, I for one, wish her well and good wealth and health in the future.

She might e a 'ruthless' business women but the love and enjoyment on her face was real. No act, 100% real. She really got it and she will be missed massively.

41 minutes ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

Some of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves! Some of you deserved Mike Ashley. Anyone who says anything remotely negative about Amanda Staveley should be banned from this forum, Newcastle and within 20 miles of the River Tyne. Is that plane still going to Rwanda!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Everything positive about us in 2024 was driven by her. If people can't see that I'd take a white stick and Labrador on that Rwandan flight because you'll never find your way back.

She has to have financial issues otherwise she'd keep her shares as they are only going up so if she has a cash flow problem, I for one, wish her well and good wealth and health in the future.

She might e a 'ruthless' business women but the love and enjoyment on her face was real. No act, 100% real. She really got it and she will be missed massively.

Realism isn't negativity, I've said I'm very grateful for what she has done, I just doubt she did it out of love for the club.

Edited by Jackie Broon

10 minutes ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

She isn’t gonna shag you pal

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

Whilst I see what you're saying and of course clubs can be successful without such a role, but fucking hell hasn't it been nice just having some decent communications? Why would we want that to stop?

Fair point, but I don't think its anything worth spending a lot of energy on. We probably put a lot of stock in it after chronic mistreatment for 14 years. I do love the woman though.

1 hour ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

I have natural curly hair.

1 hour ago, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

Someone get their dad off the computer. Christ almighty.

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

Realism isn't negativity, I've said I'm very grateful for what she has done, I just doubt she did it out of love for the club.

She saw the potential of the club firstly and then fell in love. How could she not.

No smoke without fire. Something happened backstage and we are poorer for it. In many ways she was our champion...it feels strange stumbling into a points deduction situation selling a player with huge potential in panic and then losing our very likeable figurehead with no club comment at the time. 

No panic Mr Mainwaring but many questions are pertinent to be asked around this and it all leaves one a little bit numb.