PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Also on the training ground sponsor:

Screenshot_20240902_144245_The Athletic.jpg

A nothing answer that one tbh, when we are so desperate for extra revenue then it should have been done by now imo.

Just now, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

I’d imagine it’s got something to do with fair market value and wanting to get something locked in after an over performing season than an under performing one. That’s said why not both? Also what the fuck do I know? 

Probably want to see what happens with all city’s shit which is upcoming in November isn’t it?

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Also on the training ground sponsor:

Screenshot_20240902_144245_The Athletic.jpg

Either have a sponsorship for 1 year so should we get back on to Europe we can charge accordingly or have a multi year deal where the cost depends on where we finished the season before.

There are ways rou d it and we've missed out so far on the low hanging fruit of training ground/kit sponsorships.

10 hours ago, macphisto said:

If PIF are happy with Eales then I can only imagine he's taking the heat as PIF either didn't want to spend money or our FFP situation is much worse than we think. If we had money then there's no way Eales would still be in his role. 

If the reports are true then we went from Tosin, a free transfer, to Guehi for £60+million. Not getting a CB in between those values or a RW is just incredulous and insults our intelligence if the money was there. 

Only thing that makes sense is if the Guehi saga was a cack-handed way to hide the fact money was not there and say we tried to improve.

It's hard to really know what PIF think. My own opinion is that they absolutely would prefer for Newcastel to be "Number 1", but they aren't the ones who have put the financial straitjacket round non-cartel clubs. Plus as an investment, it hardly hurts them if we are forced to stay within a prescribed budget. They don't really lose either way, although you could argue they would prefer us to be much bigger by winning stuff to really make the investment pay big dividends.

On a lesser scale, Rueben is hardly going to be losing sleep over it either for the same reasons. If anything he's probably got less motivation to go against the PL as he isn't the one with endless finances to pump in.

I think Gary Neville said it pre-match yesterday that these rules are limitting us from being competitive and he said it has to go and let us be competitive. Of course we have no idea what will happen, but I'd like to see PIF be given the chance, without too many restrictions, to grow the club. if they fail to do it then, we should question their ambitions, but not now I think.

1 hour ago, macphisto said:

OK. If you want to believe that, even with money, it's difficult strengthen a team that failed to qualify for Europe and by consensus has a few key areas to improve then fair enough. That's not my view, with a decent scouting network it would not be difficult to significantly improve our team. I don't know what the teams that finished above us were thinking. 

I'm not too bothered what Howe says in regards to the transfer window as he obviously has to put a positive spin on it but look at the actions of the club. 

With regards to targets the club was very flexible in terms on CBs, we went from Tosin to Guehi. 

I'm not really spending much time on it to be honest as I'm not privy to all of the facts. Though I never said we couldn't strengthen - on the contrary I'm sure we could have to a degree. But I don't know why they decided not to. How could I, or, anyone outside know? Unless they tell us of course but I guess some people won't believe them anyway as they/you aren't "bothered" what they say as it's spin.

Nowt wrong with speculation of course and it's half the fun of supporting a club.

Moving from one target after being rebuffed to another isn't "very" flexible mind you. Maybe they didn't like the 3/4/5 choices and decided to wait to get Guehi next year. Again, we can't know. It's a marathon not a sprint etc and they're thinking 10 years ahead whereas they're lucky if many fans can see past 5 months to the next window 

14 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

Probably want to see what happens with all city’s shit which is upcoming in November isn’t it?

After the new year was last I heard on the US broadcast a few weeks ago. 

14 hours ago, nufcjb said:

I think Gary Neville said it pre-match yesterday that these rules are limitting us from being competitive and he said it has to go and let us be competitive. Of course we have no idea what will happen, but I'd like to see PIF be given the chance, without too many restrictions, to grow the club. if they fail to do it then, we should question their ambitions, but not now I think.

TBF I think Man Utd have reached their spending limit within PSR and Neville wants more investment from their owners through APT sponsorship.

Changing those rules would also massively effect Man City's case as most of the 115 charges would be dropped.

11 minutes ago, Ben said:

TBF I think Man Utd have reached their spending limit within PSR and Neville wants more investment from their owners through APT sponsorship.

Changing those rules would also massively effect Man City's case as most of the 115 charges would be dropped.

I am no lawyer like, but how would changing the rule now help City?

If they broke the rules when they were in place, surely they will be punished?

If they win the case and as a result the rules change is something different.

7 minutes ago, High Five o said:

I am no lawyer like, but how would changing the rule now help City?

If they broke the rules when they were in place, surely they will be punished?

If they win the case and as a result the rules change is something different.

TBF I've no idea how it works, Man City must have brought the APT case to help with their 115 charges though.

10 minutes ago, Ben said:

TBF I've no idea how it works, Man City must have brought the APT case to help with their 115 charges though.

If the PL’s position on ATP is deemed illegal then City have an angle to get their charges dismissed on a technicality because they were having to deflate their income to comply with an illegal rule. All murky as hell but you can see they’re trying to pull a jenga block out of the tower and collapse the whole case because of it.

The European qualification piece which Eales has said multiple times is overly ambitious given our FFP situation.  

We can have the 7th biggest spend. Maybe 8th because Villa can leverage their academy. 7-8 doesn’t qualify for Europe every season.  

And that requires immediate results. We can’t spend £30m on teenagers that aren’t ready to start.  We can’t even take too many Minteh, Osolu type signings. 

So if I’m Howe and I need European football. I need players to hit the ground running.  So PL experience makes sense. Don’t give me a 20-year-old I need to develop, I’ll get sacked and he’ll  become Solanke 4-years later. 

18 hours ago, TRon said:

It's hard to really know what PIF think. My own opinion is that they absolutely would prefer for Newcastel to be "Number 1", but they aren't the ones who have put the financial straitjacket round non-cartel clubs. Plus as an investment, it hardly hurts them if we are forced to stay within a prescribed budget. They don't really lose either way, although you could argue they would prefer us to be much bigger by winning stuff to really make the investment pay big dividends.

On a lesser scale, Rueben is hardly going to be losing sleep over it either for the same reasons. If anything he's probably got less motivation to go against the PL as he isn't the one with endless finances to pump in.

The Reubens would pretty much be the richest owners in the PL if they owned the club without PIF.  They’re ridiculously wealthy

Just now, gbandit said:

That must be a fairly lucrative no? Saw everyone drinking free cans on the way in to SJP on Sunday 

Wish I'd known about or seen the freebies outside - was £3.25 for one inside!