PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 hour ago, UpTheToon said:

Man U are actually fine under the proposed change.  It’s clubs who are getting free loans who are targeted. Manure have famously spent a fortune servicing their debt. 

They may be, they may not, depends if they are getting "preferential" loan rates significantly below "market value" If they are only paying 2-3% for example

Just now, Mag3.14 said:

They may be, they may not, depends if they are getting "preferential" loan rates significantly below "market value" If they are only paying 2-3% for example

Did they not get a huge Covid loan (or whatever it was) ? was that FMV ?

3 hours ago, SteV said:

Obviously he’s a Reuben pick/recommendation, but he sounds like he’s got an extensive background in property development and regeneration, just at the point the board are about to make a decision on a billion pound property development.

Roger Thornton already has a statue on Northumberland st…

6 hours ago, jack j said:

I thought this happened last week? Is this just the same news again?

Yep but the usual EPL cucks like Panja were saying city had won nowt, basically a data room issue. It’s a lot more than that.

2 hours ago, Jack27 said:

https://www.costar.com/article/1241088440/reuben-brothers-tune-into-circa-£20-million-newcastle-sky-offices-deal

Looks like Wellbar Central being sold to the Reubens, not NUFC. Not sure that has anything to do directly with the club but who knows 

Coincidental background? https://www.newcastleunited.com/en/news/newcastle-united-appoint-roger-thornton-to-board-of-directors

19 hours ago, Minhosa said:

Can we self-sponsor the shit out of everything whilst this legal wrangle ensues?

I hope we do. Chelsea have had no problem taking the piss out current PSR restrictions, and they got a curtsey and "As you please!" from the PL while they did it.

6 hours ago, TRon said:

I hope we do. Chelsea have had no problem taking the piss out current PSR restrictions, and they got a curtsey and "As you please!" from the PL while they did it.

Did they change the rules where you cant sell stuff to yourself ?

So in summary we're not their top priority, never were, and the ambition is to still be the top club in the country. Thanks for that fascinating insight Luke. Here's the article paywall free if you've to take a shite anytime soon and want something to read.

https://web.archive.org/web/20241009080243/https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/10/09/newcastle-not-pif-priority-three-years-saudi-takeover/

Personally I never expected NUFC to be their top priority, or even close. Bin Salman spent more on a painting for his yacht than PIF spent buying 80% of the club.

“The chairman said we want to be the number one club in the country,” a source told Telegraph Sport. “What does that mean in reality?

“Well, the message has always been consistent. It is about achieving long-term, sustainable success. To challenge for trophies every year, to try and qualify for the Champions League every year.

...but that sounds more than good enough to me.

26 minutes ago, Abacus said:

There's nothing much new in that article, just speculation.

More generally, I think this connection between the real thoughts of the owners and the fans is something we're missing with Amanda Staveley being gone

Its gone from having the caring, communicative motherly figure to cold hard business.