PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

it becomes who does PIF trust most to call the shots, they trusted Staverley. (This could be bad news for Howe as she has clearly been his biggest champion) Maybe they have that trust in Eales (well they oughta have some trust in him since he is still in the job), may also be they have developed trust with the Reubens who despite their lower stake will probably be easier to be more involved. 

Wonder if our recent brush with PSR and last minute deadline deals situation has changed the trust or perception of them to the Saudi's?

24 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

They've been good stewards of the club and public/fan facing.

As part of the leadership team they've been a success. Now they are leaving. That creates a gap. Now in reality they may have been hands off for some time and this is all part of the plan... but I don't know any of those things for certain.

The spokesperson for the club going forward is going to be an employee like Eales or Mitchell. At least Chelsea had Marina who seemed to have a direct line to the big boss. Eales might have a direct line but I would rather someone with closer ties to the owners.

We'll see.

Amanda was a great public spokewoman for NUFC, I think that will be missed. I'm sure her replacement will be equally if not more competent, but she brought the passion which everyone connected with.

I've watched a few of her depositions and she can come across as a bit naive at times. Won't go as far to say an artist at it but definitely a hint of the aul bullshit at times.

Her skill is in networking and bringing people together. Finders fees are the reward and looks like she will walk away from this with a few million despite not having anything to put into it in the first place. Quite impressive actually.

Gutted tbh. Amanda Staveley almost single handedly saved us.

Will always remember a really touching clip or article when some of the catering staff clapped and cheered her when the takeover went through and she went to see them. Remember an older lady saying that she's not only saved the club, but the jobs and futures of hundreds of local families. Incredible.

I imagine they have been annoyed but they have also been really realistic in everything they've said from day one that it would take a long time to get to where they want to be. Equally I don't ultimately think they will mind that the club is being forced to only spend what it makes, i do think people are a bit hopeful in how much they purely want to pump money in, I think they want to pump as much money in to get the club to compete but they will be looking more at how to get the revenue up and up and the players will take care of themselves. I also think we are just one investment out of many and our chairman has only been so present cos all the sports stuff he does is clearly a bit of a jolly for him in contrast with the more boring business stuff (and trying to avoid court intrigue that will get him disappeared)

4 hours ago, JJ7 said:

One of the most important people in the history of the club.

This isn't even an exaggeration. Second only to Kevin Keegan.

PCP selling up was always going to happen only surprise for me is I expected it a couple of years down the line.

Be gutted if this is true as they have been the face of the takeover and have been outstanding with how they have represented the club- projecting nothing but positivity.

Thing is even though the percentage of shares maybe be going down the value of those shares will be rocketing.

If this.means we are getting good news regarding investments into.the club like stadium redevelopment or something, then so be it.

Will forever be grateful to her for what she has done to save the club. It is now time for us to grow and she can now sit back and enjoy it as a fan too without affecting her financial and health side hopefully.

I don't see how this is anyway means big investment is coming. I also don't see this as being a good thing. We will become like Man City - just total disconnect between fans and owners. Sod the trophy.

Edited by duo

will always be grateful to Staveley for her persistence in getting MA to sell even after he called her a timewaster 

also standing up to Simon Jordan's cynicism and bs on Talksport was brilliant 

4 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

What am I supposed to do with my lifesize Amanda Stavely as the Queen of Sheba canvas now? Just take it down?

Screenshot_20240710-1405202.thumb.jpg.2fb42903707f4ba16a240aeed92a4969.jpg

Follow @Shearergol’s lead/do what you normally do! 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

1 hour ago, RobS said:

Wonder if our recent brush with PSR and last minute deadline deals situation has changed the trust or perception of them to the Saudi's?

Yeah v possible this is a de facto firing 

34 minutes ago, duo said:

I don't see how this is anyway means big investment is coming. I also don't see this as being a good thing. We will become like Man City - just total disconnect between fans and owners. Sod the trophy.

You're going on like this wasn't completely expected to happen at some point. It always was - just a matter of when. They are not wealthy enough in themselves to retain the stake in the club as we invest and grow.