PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 hour ago, madras said:

Hmm seems like an auction. That'll play well when explaining to the fair deal panel about how the price was driven up, purely market forces.

This is what I've been saying all along.  People talk about fair market value being measured vs other teams.   I just dont see how that could stand up in court.  There is only one Newcastle.  If 10 Saudi companies out bid each other to be on our shirt any number can be argued to be fair market value.  They can just claim that with PIF owning us there is a prestige to be the Saudi company with the name on us.

8 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

This is what I've been saying all along.  People talk about fair market value being measured vs other teams.   I just dont see how that could stand up in court.  There is only one Newcastle.  If 10 Saudi companies out bid each other to be on our shirt any number can be argued to be fair market value.  They can just claim that with PIF owning us there is a prestige to be the Saudi company with the name on us.

And there is! :coolsmiley:

I've had a listen to the Newsagents piece and there's nothing massively revelatory in it. Johnson pushed the deal because MBS basically said it could threaten other investments, 30bn mentioned and yes piracy had been the hold up.

Looks like the rest of the country should be thanking us for being part of getting this investment for the country. :coolsmiley:

Someone get the Casio out and have a look at what % of our games were on telly this season?

It’s somewhere between shitloads and fuckloads, I know that much. 

What’s considered fair sponsorship value for a team in Champs League who played in a cup final and are constantly on the telly ?

Between a gazillion and a squillion pounds obvz 

2 hours ago, McCormick said:

Re: Sela, I’m best friends with their CEO ffs and he watched the Leicester game with me. How on Earth did he keep that quiet, the bastard :lol: .

Definitely PIF owned btw.

Someone’s getting a next season’s top freebie :lol:

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

image.thumb.png.331df62991a2a73d4c38c18b88f91cc5.png

Who's our official percussive therapy device partner? I feel like I need one after listening to the god awful PA setup inside SJP.

Up the Ra !!

49 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Someone get the Casio out and have a look at what % of our games were on telly this season?

It’s somewhere between shitloads and fuckloads, I know that much. 

What’s considered fair sponsorship value for a team in Champs League who played in a cup final and are constantly on the telly ?

Between a gazillion and a squillion pounds obvz 

It was 16 a couple of weeks ago, not sure about now.

29 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I’m pretty sure it was 30 last I checked. We’ve been on loads. 

33 league and cup games.

Edit: 32. i counted Southampton home from a few weeks back. It wasn't on UK tv.

Edited by nufcjb

3 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

How much do we expect revenue to increase for next season? I’m assuming we will also announce a training ground sponsor, training shirt sponsor etc. 

100 mill? 

I think you are looking at £100m for sure 

in terms of tickets prices/what’s the deal with this? Are the 10 years deals over?

3 minutes ago, Mikky said:

in terms of tickets prices/what’s the deal with this? Are the 10 years deals over?

My 10yr deal is still on going. I've been sure the last 3yrs that it's the last season 

6 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

How much do we expect revenue to increase for next season? I’m assuming we will also announce a training ground sponsor, training shirt sponsor etc. 

100 mill? 

Some numbers plucked from eslewhere;

• £17.5m extra PL prize money
  • £27-30m extra CL money
  • £6m extra gate money (from 3x home CL games)
  • £18.5m extra from Sela (vs Fun88)

so thats about £70m but doesn't include additional TV money (from being on Sky/BT loads) or additional sponsorships.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Hopefully it just says sela, or with the bit on the top without that shan logo

Judging by that Arabic writing - it’s pronounced Sal-lah

10 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

100 mill? 

Those talking about CL money being pro rata depending on the ranking of the team are missing this bit. The sponsorship deals we'll be able to negotiate on the back of CL exposure will multiply exponentially. Thats' what will bring the real money, and of course everything that goes with an expanding fan base.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

My 10yr deal is still on going. I've been sure the last 3yrs that it's the last season 

You would assume an increase in tickets prices? Which should increase revenues further 

I said it years back - we could easily quadruple our matchday and commercial revenues which were circa 25m a year then - both had been run to the ground under Ashley 

Just now, Mikky said:

You would assume an increase in tickets prices? Which should increase revenues further 

I said it years back - we could easily quadruple our matchday and commercial revenues which were circa 25m a year then - both had been run to the ground under Ashley 

My renewal was last February for next season so I'm locked in for that (Family section L7). Any idea how much the non deal price is and will be for next season ?

9 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Judging by that Arabic writing - it’s pronounced Sal-lah

Cuts to shirtless fan in the crowd

Sam Matterface: "Looks like he could do with a sal-lahd or two" 

34 minutes ago, Mikky said:

We already increased around £70m this year compared to last. Next season will obviously depend a lot on our League and UCL placing, but it can be expected to be somewhere between £60m-£100m (going far in UCL brings a LOT of money). 

Overall, compared to last season before Saudis, next season should be around £150m more in total.