PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Any change of Wor Flags bringing out the rainbow colours for this? Or would that get them in trouble with Amanda?

Don’t think they should get involved personally. Their role is to support

our club by helping to create a cracking atmosphere for our fans and players - they’re nothing to do with international games (don’t think any flags have been done previously for England etc?).

17 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Ughh. Really drives it home that we're deeply associated with a murderous regime. It's a pity, because some not-so-awful billionaire owners could have had us developing just as well.

Show me a clean billionaire and I will show you a unicorn with a 15 inch xxxx

19 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Ughh. Really drives it home that we're deeply associated with a murderous regime. It's a pity, because some not-so-awful billionaire owners could have had us developing just as well.

I'm sure Liverpool or Man U fans would happily swap billionaire owners.

18 minutes ago, Paully said:

Good read this

Excellent thread that, some of us are happy that we have forward thinking owners who are trying to grow us into a big time club. We spent enough time cowering in fear of the Liverpools and Chelseas as a deliberate strategy under the previous regime.

5 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

The 30m population of Saudi is peanuts compared to the Asian markets, the relationship with the country of Saudi is not about earning more money it’s for the Saudis 

Become a winning team and we'll get a foothold into the Asian markets as well. It's win-win regardless.

3 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Thought they were holding state executions at SJP judging by some of the reactions I've seen. 

It's a couple of international friendlies that will get a load of kids and families into the ground for those prices who either can't afford or have access to tickets otherwise. 

Was more annoyed when we had the Rugby and Ed Sheeran there. 

Used to hold executions at Gallowgate so I believe

Adam P fanning the flames for clicks, pretty low of him. Comments section overwhelmingly supportive of today's announcement to one degree or another from what I can see 

Edited by Barnes23

38 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Adam P fanning the flames for clicks, pretty low of him. Comments section overwhelmingly supportive of today's announcement to one degree or another from what I can see 

Little prick that he is.

8 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

Doesn't bother people but they still make a comment about it.

:hmm:

To be fair, if the unbothered don't say the way they feel, then our fanbase would be easily misrepresented as being unanimously opposed to hosting a couple of friendlies.

I, too, am unbothered...

5 hours ago, Barnes23 said:

Cretin. Despise him and the rest of the YouChewb knackers 

6 hours ago, WilliamPS said:

The 30m population of Saudi is peanuts compared to the Asian markets, the relationship with the country of Saudi is not about earning more money it’s for the Saudis 

But if every one of them chips in a fiver we can buy five Lewis Halls. 

There is a big Saudi Arabian international student community in this country whilst the support for NUFC in Saudi Arabia is growing so there is no doubt this is to cater to this specific crowd here.

I mean I am sure we have had rugby/non-NUFC events at St. James' park before so I don't see this as that much any different. However at the same time I do also understand the perspective that the club is being used as a tool to promote Saudi Arabia but this was always going to happen with an Arabic gulf country having ownership in a Premier League club to some extent or another

PSG Qatar Airways. Man City Etihad etc etc, I know this is a level above but as long as there is solid strategic planning, growth and investment into NUFC and their biggest priority is NUFC then I do not really care much for this.