PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Kasper said:

Oh sorry, it wasnt pointed at you. Just to the individuals doing stupid shit like that.

But I disagree, those idiots need to be called out. Not ok.

NUFC crowd peer pressure will sort it out in my opinion, not 20+ articles in papers.  Look what happened with the TF Saudi T shirt.........NUFC fans jumped on them telling them to take it down (me included) and it was taken off after a few hours. 

Despite all the dreaming and silliness (of which I’ve been sucked into of course!) we’re probably a good 500 million plus pounds, along with an exceptional operation structure, away from being a perennial Champions league contender.

I’d be more than happy if we were in a similar position to Everton in 2-3 years time (solid upper mid-table club looking to push on). It’s just nice to finally not feel like we’re going to be perpetually circling the drain.

Edited by McCormick

36 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Oh look another article telling NUFC fans what they should do............   We are the righteous/most moral supporters the world has ever had, we are the Geordies, the Geordie moral compass of the UK, and we are woke and we are right on!

I get what you’re saying but I think that article is pretty fair tbh

2 minutes ago, maze said:

They should invite Mark Knopfler to play Local Hero at St. James before kick off:D

Honestly, I've definitely had thoughts about this before and welled up at how amazing an experience it would be. /sadsack

In reality it'd probably be canny shit [emoji38]

16 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

I mean the cynic in me thinks if Saudi were going to spend Mike Ashley levels of money the outcry would be nowhere near as strong, certainly within the confines of football media reporting. 

:thup: Not to deflect from their wrongdoings but I would actually be very interested to see the reaction if the club were taken over by a group with just as terrible a background but a fraction of the wealth. I dare say you wouldn't hear a peep from half the amount of people currently up in arms.

We should by all means acknowledge the wrongdoings of our club's new owners and there would still be a more than vocal group airing their displeasure over it I'm sure. But to act like that is the reason a lot of outsiders, especially those directly involved in the sport, are pissed off is absolute bollocks imo.

Just look at the obvious example of Levy trying to sell his own club to the same people but because it looks to threaten their already-wavering seat at the top table, he suddenly thinks it's an absolute disgrace.

Personally I hope that the very clearly defined and understandable message of: 'Newcastle fans were powerless to choose their next owner and have every right to be happy about watching their team again, but should think twice about wrapping tea towels around their head and waving Saudi flags etc;' is repeated every single day by a different journalist until the end of time, if that's what it takes to educate people and protect the wider fanbase's reputation. 

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Despite all the dreaming and silliness (of which I’ve been sucked into of course!) we’re probably a good 500 million plus pounds, along with an exceptional operation structure, away from being a perennial Champions league contender.

I’d be more than happy if we were in a similar position to Everton in 2-3 years time (solid upper mid-table club looking to push on). It’s just nice to finally not feel like we’re going to be perpetually circling the drain.

Im ignoring all the transfer names being banded about.   They are all plucked out of the air as we dont even have a new manager in place.   Im paying more attention to the Sporting Director talk as that, for me, is the 1st building block and will likely dictate what manager they will bring in.

In regards to league position and how long.   By the end of next season, I could well see us in the top 10 - possibly pushing for a Europa slot.    I dont think the gap between us and the teams upto top 7 is that big.   It just that Ashley wasn't interested in aiming higher and Bruce, well, all he aims for is getting a full breakfast, anything else is a bonus!

Unpopular opinion: Whilst it’s a lovely piece of music, Local Hero doesn’t work as a football song. That sax thing the other night was class but it’s spoiled a bit  by fans all trying to “sing” along. 

1 minute ago, CFlan said:

Unpopular opinion: Whilst it’s a lovely piece of music, Local Hero doesn’t work as a football song. That sax thing the other night was class but it’s spoiled a bit  by fans all trying to “sing” along. 

Not sure why them fans were trying to hum along with that the other night in any case[emoji38]

I've never been in st James' and witnessed that before ever. They must've just been so buzzing they wanted to own it [emoji38]

I suppose I just associate local hero with my Newcastle supporting life.

Blaydon races needs reverting back to the Alan price one, but the fans will only sing that at lightspeed, and ruin it 

36 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Not sure why them fans were trying to hum along with that the other night in any case[emoji38]

I've never been in st James' and witnessed that before ever. They must've just been so buzzing they wanted to own it [emoji38]

I suppose I just associate local hero with my Newcastle supporting life.

Blaydon races needs reverting back to the Alan price one, but the fans will only sing that at lightspeed, and ruin it 

fwiw, it happened in the semi final vs Man Utd in Cardiff.

Edited by Sima

1 minute ago, Sima said:

fwif, it happened in the semi final vs Man Utd in Cardiff.

Fair enough I wasn't there for that. 

Guess I'll also pile that in with fans were just so buzzing to feel something they wanted to own it[emoji38]

29 minutes ago, wormy said:

:thup: Not to deflect from their wrongdoings but I would actually be very interested to see the reaction if the club were taken over by a group with just as terrible a background but a fraction of the wealth. I dare say you wouldn't hear a peep from half the amount of people currently up in arms.

We should by all means acknowledge the wrongdoings of our club's new owners and there would still be a more than vocal group airing their displeasure over it I'm sure. But to act like that is the reason a lot of outsiders, especially those directly involved in the sport, are pissed off is absolute bollocks imo.

Just look at the obvious example of Levy trying to sell his own club to the same people but because it looks to threaten their already-wavering seat at the top table, he suddenly thinks it's an absolute disgrace.

I bet members of the 'big-ish 6' will be pitching the Norwegian fund soon  - its the only wallet thats bigger isnt it?

I thought the guardian were pretty good in discussing it on Football weekly btw (apart from that arsehole Glendenning - but he’s been a paid troll for a while). There is something quite hypocritical about sports journalism though - they’re complete enablers of sportswashing by continuously writing articles, podcasting etc. So it’s not just fans that are in a moral quandary. The best thing to do would be to take an ethical stance and stop writing about us, Man City, PSG, but they’ll not do that because football is football and the news cycle needs to be fed.