PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

These buggers read nufc social media like [emoji38]

They seemed to have answered a lot of questions posed by the fanbase on these very forums and Twitter. If I were them I'd just glance and then retreat.

Just glean the general consensus of the fanbase and work toward that, the SJP one definitely.

I find it refreshing to have these articles every so often and they come across as honest and sometimes a bit naïve, but they are clearly aware of what needs to be done and are putting it into place so :clap:

Get this basket case of a club right and you're laughing tbh.

There’s not a thing wrong with anything they’ve said and other directors or managers have talked about other players not singed too. These owners are smarter than people think, it’s part marketing too to show the ambition. Keep talking like they do, it’s what we all want to hear deep down. It doesn’t bind anything either - the only thing that’s binding is a contract. 

2 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Unprofessional is having an MD run round the pitch naked after a bet with the owner, or an owner drinking so much he vomits into a fireplace. 

This is just a bit naive, ultimately harmless enough and refreshingly honest. 

This is NUFC. There'll always be some who find a negative in anything positive.

2 hours ago, LV said:

I think that’s rubbish to be honest. What do they yammer on too much about? The Emery deal, yeah, maybe you have a point. But what else have they done that leads you to use the words ‘yammer on too much’?

I didn't mean it all that negatively to be honest it just seems that everything we do appears in press. I am enjoying having an open communicative team in charge and mostly its not done any harm but the Emery thing was embarassing as was how much of our transfer negotiations seemed to leak, that could of course be agents more than anything. It was definitely the manager hunt when this was clearest. It's not a big problem at all, didn't mean Yammer on that badly

10 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I didn't mean it all that negatively to be honest it just seems that everything we do appears in press. I am enjoying having an open communicative team in charge and mostly its not done any harm but the Emery thing was embarassing as was how much of our transfer negotiations seemed to leak, that could of course be agents more than anything. It was definitely the manager hunt when this was clearest. It's not a big problem at all, didn't mean Yammer on that badly

They did explain in that athletic interview that everyone seemed to be leaking stuff from agents/players/club. I'm sure they were guilty to a degree as well.

As much as I can't get my head around it still, nufc will be big news and every little thing now scrutinised as some see us as now having potential to upset things. Ultimately it's just not worth getting upset over and just roll with it.

It's just nice being interested again for me. I took the bairn to her first game ever against Brentford and now she has a healthy (well, not really) interest in NUFC and even wanted the retro kids top yesterday in the club shop. I obliged as it was only £18 btw! 

But it's nice nonetheless.

Edit, sorry for digressing [emoji38]

Edited by NE27

3 hours ago, r0cafella said:

It’s unprofessional for them to speak on players who we didn’t sign for a start. Also, anything they say will likely come back to haunt them. Saying Botman wants to come and still does is I’ll advised and not something which should come from our owners. 

I’m all for transparency and I fully support them but they might need to give more political answers in future to avoid binding themselves. 

Botman has been quoted as saying he is excited to be part of project so nothing new there. The only other name they mentioned openly was Lingard and that again was open info. 

29 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

:thup: fair play 

There’s literally nothing embarrassing about the Emery thing. His entourage was in town waiting for him to come. The whole thing was arranged and he turned back on whatever agreement he made. It happens. It’s life. 

You don’t think the transfer rumors aren’t being leaked at most major clubs? Again, we’re a big draw now and agents are now throwing our name everywhere. 

it’s ok, we will need to get used to the new normal that is our club. Long may the ambition continue. 

That article alone makes the Athletic subs worthwhile for the next year or so. Love getting that sort of content and they absolutely answer a lot of the question/criticisms raised.... can't help but agree with them on most of it when you get their perspective

Do people already forget what it was like under Ashley?

We had an owner that really spoke and when he did it was total bullshit. Before that our owner called the women dogs. 

Now we've got owners saying we deserve the world and they want to give it to us :lol:

They may be lying too but at least the melody on this tune is easier to listen to.

5 minutes ago, LV said:

What did Edwards say? He’s blocked me 

Read @GeorgeCaulkin superb interview with #nufc owners. I've a small issue with all the bold promises, not least riddle of how they can be like Man City, winning PL and CL contenders in 5 years and aim for gradual sustainable growth? Should not be over promising, it's dangerous

I suspect the happy clappers won't like me daring to question any of what has been said but that's what I do. I'm very wary of new owners (stakeholders) offering pipe dreams to fans, it happens all the time. They've done some good things so far and some not so good things

5 minutes ago, LV said:

What did Edwards say? He’s blocked me 

“I suspect the happy clappers won't like me daring to question any of what has been said but that's what I do. I'm very wary of new owners (stakeholders) offering pipe dreams to fans, it happens all the time. They've done some good things so far and some not so good things”

“Read @GeorgeCaulkin superb interview with #nufc owners. I've a small issue with all the bold promises, not least riddle of how they can be like Man City, winning PL and CL contenders in 5 years and aim for gradual  sustainable growth? Should not be over promising, it's dangerous”

“They see "no reason" why they can't be like Man City in five years..., well I can think of several reasons why that is a very difficult to achieve. Winning the Premier League and reaching a Champions League final in five years... hmmm”

Has some of the actual audio from Caulkins interview with them.

Fuck me, they are serious. George gave them every chance to backtrack on their promises.  :lol:

These guys are in it for the silverware.