PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Good that we’ve found something new to shit the bed about though, I was starting to worry we’d run out of things with our upturn in form 

It is getting tiring isn't it.  Will the PL do this, how will that effect the Consortium, what if PIF buy Inter, would they sell NUFC to buy Chelsea?

Think Im just going to stick to football threads in here from now on (honest).

Who’s shitting the bed?

I was merely pointing out that it appears in the near future there is going to be more scrutiny on where the money is coming from and we are obviously going to be top of the agenda.

This is obviously due to the Saudis being amongst a group of countries bombing the innocent in Yemen

(I know we supply arms to KSA)

(I know they have proved the PIF seperate to the Saudi state) 

Doesn’t stop them trying to (relook at it) or try a new angle (which I don’t think will be successful) 

either way I am not shitting myself 

it’s already all over the news and radio (in regards to staveleys comments) …and we all know why 

On that note

Right …..I am off for a dump and to fill this sock up (it won’t fill itself) 

Edited by JonBez comesock

I'm not a fan of the KSA or huge tory donors like the Reubens. Even less so when they (tory donors) hang around food banks etc etc

I don't have a say in who owns the club, though. Being both a hypocrite and pragmatist to the influence of money, power & control of modern football I'm just happy the team I've supported for over 50 years are "back in the game".

I was minded to have a look the Reuben's family back story. This was interesting, imho

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2004/jun/27/russia

9 hours ago, Thiago said:

I can absolutely see a certain section of our lot suggesting this shows the good side to Saudi/PIF/MBS.

this shows the good side to Saudi/PIF/MBS.

10 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

A1ACA198-0567-4BE3-AA81-E2615ADFD056.jpeg

Just now, JonBez comesock said:

Again they are trying to push this narrative on sky FFS - just been asked about it on sky 

Sky really don't want to upset the applecart of a big 6.

Shame they don't realise that they'll get a shed load more interest with another player at the table

The media are starting to push the narrative that links between Putin and abramahovic is a recently discovered thing - everybody new it was there - just brushed under the carpet for twenty years - I love Mandy but she should really shut up sometimes

She can totally have her opinion and I am sure the CEO of any other club could have a similar one ,unfortunately, because its us she is getting pelters in the press for it - it's just more mud that can get slung our way 

The full quote makes for better context, she said she feels bad that someone is losing their club but follows it up with saying but people need to be held accountable for the relationships they keep. With the last bit left out (purposefully) it sounds a lot worse.

18 hours ago, Awaymag said:

Its not what we believe that matters.  Its what PL and PIF have legally agreed to:

you can't in one instance have PL say they have legal clarifications of separation and that PIF are the owners to then have PL bring in new conditions and then say actually we believe the Saudi state own NUFC.    Any new rules can be run against existing Directors only and Saudi State is not a director of NUFC, the PIF chairman is.

What's legal today could become illegal tomorrow, if circumstances changed, the govt could just bring in new emergency laws under some contingency or other. If there came a time when as a nation we needed to disasociate with PIF then it would get done.

Not that I think it will happen, Saudis have a long history with the British govt, they would never go against them in the way Putin has.

24 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

Wasn’t it a Q&A? She was probably asked, and she’s entitled to her opinion. I’m not arsed at her expressing her opinion on it.

Exactly. I'm not bothered about it either, although it does hint that she sees how things can change pretty quickly.

From my POV, we never needed to be the richest club in the world, all things equal, if the "state ownership" of clubs came to a halt, we'd be up there as commercially attractive as most others. It's why the Saudis targeted us in the first place.

All we really wanted was a level playing field, and with the likes of Abramovic and the Mansours calling the shots that was never going to happen without PIF. I hope we get a decade or so of super powered spending like those clubs had before we get the plug pulled. After that I'm happy to go head to head with anyone, PIF or not.

What she's said is just consistent with her (and us) being in bed with the Saudis. She's hardly going to describe the PIF as wonderful and then get on her high horse about Abramovich. I know there are those that want to fawn over her and Mehrdad because they're all nicey nice, saved us from Ashley, and have big plans for the club, but things like this are going to come up time and again and expose some uncomfortable truths that remind us of who we're owned by. That's not a criticism for anyone either btw, I just don't think we should kid ourselves or fall into the trap of mistaking professional competence for personal rightousness.

16 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

The full quote makes for better context, she said she feels bad that someone is losing their club but follows it up with saying but people need to be held accountable for the relationships they keep. With the last bit left out (purposefully) it sounds a lot worse.

I'd argue that bit being left out puts her in a better light. The bit in bold just immediately brings up the obvious double standards in everyone's minds. 

Also I would suggest that if you’re fretting about the future of NUFC based on possible future break down of relations between nations, you may want to reflect on your priorities.

That’s not a criticism of people supporting the team right now, I’m doing it.

1 hour ago, Mattoon said:

I'm with you on this one.  My immediaye reaction was it had been left out as it doesn't make her sound like a bastard. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Why was there a need for Staveley to comment of Abramovich at Chelsea anyway?

It really is a stupid quote like.

It was an attempt to trip her up and unsettle the harmony at the club.  Unfortunately she’s fallen right into their trap.

She’s learning on the job hugely.  The sooner we get a more media-savvy CEO in the better.  Don’t want that to come across as too much of a criticism as both her and Ghodoussi have mostly faultless.