PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I actually thought that was a fantastic interview. An ex Liverpool CEO just admitted that we had followed the rules to a tee. That unless we were North Korea there is no chance we have done anything wrong. I do not like Purslow at all, but I think he actually was supporting us there 

If he's so concerned why is he not asking for the Manchester City takeover to be re-examined or the Chelsea takeover to be looked at, Boely has spent £600m in less than a year, that's unprecedented 

What we've done is smart and sensible, if anything, our ownership model/approach should be lauded by all

52 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

If he's so concerned why is he not asking for the Manchester City takeover to be re-examined or the Chelsea takeover to be looked at, Boely has spent £600m in less than a year, that's unprecedented 

What we've done is smart and sensible, if anything, our ownership model/approach should be lauded by all

Because despite the talk they have no ambition to win the league they hope to be in the champions league eventually and see us as taking up that spot. 

These clubs don’t truly see themselves competing with city that ship set sail without a whimper from any of them. 

6 hours ago, sempuki said:

Purslow from Vile stirring the shit on Sky Sports News. Pathetic. 

The irony of that Tory cunt saying anything about our ownership.

He was happy taking American money from the thieves Gillet and Hicks.

He was happy taking Russian money at Chelsea 

And now he’s taking Egyptian money at Villa. 

Strange interview to give openly talking about another clubs business, usually it’s a bland “we can’t comment on other clubs that’s what the Premier league are for”.  Beth Rigby done the interview as well who is from Sky News, all a bit bizarre 

8 hours ago, LFEE said:

Get tae fuck Purslow. 

We’ve not even spent anything yet man and we’re still mint. 

Jacob Murphy has scored 3 goals in 2 games and you’re moaning about our money. You should be asking for Howe to be banned. 

If it’s money you’re worried about how about mentioning Boehly driving up prices with his millions spent on that shitshow at Chelsea. 

Fuck off.

I’m sure I was reading though that most clubs who get into the group stages of the Champions League get £30m straight away, but we won’t because our coefficient is lower for not being in Europe for 10 years or more. So there for we only get a small percentage of that fee.

4 hours ago, r0cafella said:

And bizarrely he himself admits that no rules have been broken so what exactly does he want? 

That was the weirdest part. Clearly wanted to be asked about it, then in his answer he drones on and on, before then coming out with 'but actually they haven't broken any rules'

3 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

That was the weirdest part. Clearly wanted to be asked about it, then in his answer he drones on and on, before then coming out with 'but actually they haven't broken any rules'

The premier league is like an upscale golf club, the league has a member in us who are upsetting the apple cart hence they want us expelled. 

13 hours ago, LFEE said:

Aston Villa THIS week.

Next week it will be Basingstoke Rovers.

The week after that it will be Saltburn Ladies FC.

And so it will (always) go on . . . 

Remember everyone - IT DOES NOT MATTER.

Nothing has changed, there are no problems, no investigations . .  N O T H I N G !!!!!

There might not be anything in the rule book preventing someone like MBS from running a club, but when we were bought the PL were given binding assurances that it wasn't the case, so if he did do what the Villa chairman says and said that he was buzzing his chebs off to get involved with NUFC i'm absolutely sure the PL would have something to say about it [emoji38]

Just talking complete hoop, as is usually the case when anyone talks about who does/doesn't can/can't own/control NUFC. 

24 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I’m sure I was reading though that most clubs who get into the group stages of the Champions League get £30m straight away, but we won’t because our coefficient is lower for not being in Europe for 10 years or more. So there for we only get a small percentage of that fee.

That's correct. That's only one of the funding sources though (of four iirc); the others are less hideously bent in favour of the established elite. 

Hadn't heard of that before but you can see this seasons breakdown here: 

https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/0277-158b0bea495a-ba6c18158cd3-1000/20220704_circular_2022_47_en.pdf

Sliding scale from 1.1ish million to 36ish based on a 10 year coefficient, cool cool. One of a few different pools of payments like Yorkie said, but the joint biggest by the looks of it.

Edited by TheHoob