PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Worth remembering that Spurs signed their shirt sponsorship deal in the summer of 2019, shortly after finishing 4th and reaching the final of the Champions League. They were also an established ‘top 6’ side and hadn’t finished outside of that in the previous decade.

This will be our first season finishing higher than 10th in the league since 2011/12 season. 

There is still work to do to show potential signings and sponsors that we are here to stay and that this season wasn’t a one off, even if we all believe we are.

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

Worth remembering that Spurs signed their shirt sponsorship deal in the summer of 2019, shortly after finishing 4th and reaching the final of the Champions League. They were also an established ‘top 6’ side and hadn’t finished outside of that in the previous decade.

This will be our first season finishing higher than 10th in the league since 2011/12 season. 

There is still work to do to show potential signings and sponsors that we are here to stay and that this season wasn’t a one off, even if we all believe we are.

Yep, this what I was trying to say - you’ve expressed it much better

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

:thup: I don't know if I'm being superficial or a traditionalist when I realise this is my key concern. :lol: The additional revenue is canny n'all, like. 

I was kinda hoping for something discreet and generic like that STA thing that's on the advertising boards

Anyone else keep thinking that Blacklader is actually Blackadder?

Eddie Howe and his cunning plans. Or is it cunning stunts?

I was rather hoping that we would get Lucid motors as a sponsor, never mind, we’ll just have to hope that when they need to build a car manufacturing plant in Europe, PIF will bring them to Tyneside.

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

Wished we could have binned off Castore too.

Honestly don’t get the clamour for other brands either. Nike can produce good stuff, but can produce some utter shit as well. Non of Brightons Nike kits have been anything I’d be happy with.

Adidas rarely produce amazing stuff these days, heck I’m watching Atlanta right now and Adidas have a solid colour on the back of their shirt.

36 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Honestly don’t get the clamour for other brands either. Nike can produce good stuff, but can produce some utter shit as well. Non of Brightons Nike kits have been anything I’d be happy with.

Adidas rarely produce amazing stuff these days, heck I’m watching Atlanta right now and Adidas have a solid colour on the back of their shirt.

Simply in relation to Nike, I see they have made that fucker that sent Bud Lite down the tubes , as the face of Nike unless things have changed .

49 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Bring Back Bukta.

19 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Simply in relation to Nike, I see they have made that fucker that sent Bud Lite down the tubes , as the face of Nike unless things have changed .

Trans male to “girl” with no tits promoting Nike sports bra for women! 🤡🌍

If you want to bash tans people and comment on the social changes around it, can you take it to Twitter and Facebook where you can shout it down an echo chamber or be called out by it by people who have time to reposed to such shitty attitudes?

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

:lol: 'sent Bud Lite down the tubes'. Has it affected them in any way other than rednecks needing to buy some to shoot in fury?

Sent sales in the Southern States up.

The people buying cases of it to shoot, are the people who never drank it in the first place because it has the word ‘light’ in it.

Try finding a Castore kit outside the UK and Ireland. They're just a Poundland Under Armour. Having the distribution network of Nike or Adidas and an agreement on sales volumes like Liverpool have with Nike should be the way forward, particularly if we buy a Mitoma or Son. 

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

It’s not about brands, it’s about money.  The Castore deal will be worth pennies - with kit deals you make the money upfront; the clubs make very little from actual shirt sales. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s not about brands, it’s about money.  The Castore deal will be worth pennies - with kit deals you make the money upfront; the clubs make very little from actual shirt sales. 

For me, I'll readily admit that after SD, Wonga, Fun88, some absolutely cheap and diabolical Puma tat (remember the 14/15 home shirt and the stickered crest), I want premium sponsors like adidas to erase the memory of that era.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12029555/IN-MONEY-Newcastle-set-bank-10m-Amazons-documentary.html

Newcastle are set to bank more than £10m from a highly lucrative fly-on-the-wall documentary series with Amazon Prime, due to be aired ahead of next season.

It is understood the club are banking a similar amount to Manchester City for allowing Amazon to film behind the scenes at St James’ Park. Sources confirmed the deal is worth eight figures.

The four-part series, due to be aired in August, will focus on the club and its owners as they reached their first cup final in 24 years and likely Champions League qualification.

It is also believed that major transfer deals such as the £45m January signing of Anthony Gordon from Everton will feature.

The club’s ongoing HMRC investigation and a rumoured Premier League investigation into their ownership structure are less likely to be covered.

1 hour ago, Cort said:

For me, I'll readily admit that after SD, Wonga, Fun88, some absolutely cheap and diabolical Puma tat (remember the 14/15 home shirt and the stickered crest), I want premium sponsors like adidas to erase the memory of that era.

Nothing wrong with that, but the biggest shitter of all re the Ashley deals is that they were commercially shite

19 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Sorry, you’re right.  PIF, Staveley and Reuben must be absolutely fucking useless at business, then: there must be loads of sponsors out there queuing to give us more than what Spurs get, yet somehow they’re missing those deals.  After all, if the market offers us those deals - with no strings attached - then it passes the fair market value test.

And of course online followers isn’t proof of everything; it’s just one element.  Spurs must have bought the 6m more Twitter followers and 20m more Facebook followers.  Makes sense to me.  Same way that we must have bought the 2.5m followers more we have than Blackpool.

Given that we’re now more attractive to the international markets than Spurs on the basis of being on the verge of CL qualification - a competition they were in the final of just a few years back - does that mean Villa are bigger than Liverpool and Brentford bigger than Chelsea on the basis of league placing this season?

I’m being deliberately daft with those later examples, but we’ll surpass these clubs soon enough - but we’re deluding ourselves if we think we’re there just yet.  It’ll come - no doubt about it :)

🤦‍♂️

Who said anything about them being bad at business. Take away Lewis’s contact book and there isn’t a company willing to overpay for Spurs. 

I don’t doubt spurs have more followers on those things even when you take into account bought/bots etc. but it’s not the be all and end all you make it out to be. 

When Leverkusen got to the champions league final did it make them a bigger club than the likes of Dortmund/Schalke/Stuttgart a few years later, did it bollocks.

Spurs have had the sky 6 media machine working for them for years and your big claim to their greatness is social media.