PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Why does it matter if it falls within “fair market value” if it’s not a related party transaction?

I think all sponsor deals have to pass fair market value. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

I think all sponsor deals have to pass fair market value. 

Why though? That rule was brought in basically so we didn’t sponsor ourselves through the back door. If it’s not a RPT then surely fair market value is whatever someone is willing to pay.

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Why though? That rule was brought in basically so we didn’t sponsor ourselves through the back door. If it’s not a RPT then surely fair market value is whatever someone is willing to pay.

I think they were/are worried about the global "influence" of PIF, that they could encourage a non-related party to go well above market value. These rules stop that from happening (in theory).

Just now, Keegans Export said:

I think they were/are worried about the global "influence" of PIF, that they could encourage a non-related party to go well above market value. These rules stop that from happening (in theory).

Fair market value for a team that’s got to a final and potentially/on track to get CL qualification in the biggest league in the world, and has been on telly most weeks. That’s fair market value for now I reckon. 

What's annoying for them clubs is that when they cooked up the "fair market value" bullshit, they hadn't envisaged us finishing in the top 4 so quick.

Ironically, when we finish 3rd... we should be scrutinising Spurs and Chelseas next commercial deals.

"Hold on, Spurs and Chelsea finished in 7th and 10th, there's no way they should be getting so much money."

Could backfire rather quickly. [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Fair enough - can understand that. Still not sure how it would stand up in court like. Seems a very arbitrary way of deciding who can be sponsored what. 

1 minute ago, STM said:

What's annoying for them clubs is that when they cooked up the "fair market value" bullshit, they hadn't envisaged us finishing in the top 4 so quick.

Ironically, when we finish 3rd... we should be scrutinising Spurs and Chelseas next commercial deals.

"Hold on, Spurs and Chelsea finished in 7th and 10th, there's no way they should be getting so much money."

Chelsea getting that £5 million Wakey Wines sponsorship eventually. [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, STM said:

This is exactly it, this season has shocked them 

When Spurs get £40m there is absolutely no way they can object to £25m, it's very modest actually 

You know, I some times forget that this is really the first proper full season under this new regime. And look at what we've achieved in such a short period of time.

Where are we going to be five years from now? A decade from now?

We're actually going to be fucking massive.

The sleeping giant has been awoken yet. It's still snoring. They'll all know when the giant is awake. And it will be glorious.

7 hours ago, TheHoob said:

Hadn't heard of that before but you can see this seasons breakdown here: 

https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/0277-158b0bea495a-ba6c18158cd3-1000/20220704_circular_2022_47_en.pdf

Sliding scale from 1.1ish million to 36ish based on a 10 year coefficient, cool cool. One of a few different pools of payments like Yorkie said, but the joint biggest by the looks of it.

anyone who thinks anything UEFA do is for the good of all teams (such as FFP) needs to give their head a shake. 

It shows how greedy the super league lot were as UEFA do everything to help them in any case 

UEFA have made concessions for years to appease out of fear of a breakaway league. It's not them that's the issue, it's the cabal of big clubs who have pushed the agenda.

Edited by ponsaelius

42 minutes ago, STM said:

Oh my God now I'm just imagining us being able to twist the knife in to these arseholes once we've overtaken them. :lol: Thanks for awakening me to this dream. 

1 hour ago, ToonAbroad said:

Understand it's only a 2 year deal, so gives a decent boost to current numbers but also will not be long to arrange a bigger deal once hopefully two seasons of CL football are under the belt to justify a bigger number. Apparently there was an offer of 22m for 5 years on the table too so this seems like a good outcome I think. 

Yeah, this is what I’ve been expecting - a series of short term deals which keep jumping up in value by significant amounts.  The next one in 2025 will no doubt be in the Spurs / Arsenal / Chelsea category; the one after that in Man City territory.  This is why this will take 5-10 years, as the owners said from the off.

Howe and the players have hit the accelerator on the plans with what they’ve achieved - I reckon we’ve shaved a year or so off what we thought we’d need.

The PIF money will likely be used for infrastructure and loss absorption.  Their contacts will be used for getting big sponsorship bucks - which is why I was always puzzled by the assumptions that the sponsors would be Aramco etc at this point.  Why draw down more criticism and more eyes when you can easily get the same money elsewhere during the building process?

Once we get where we’re going though, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Saudi sponsorship all over the shop - like Man City, whose deals are similar to but just a bit bigger than Man Utd and Liverpool. 

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

UEFA have made concessions for years to appease out of fear of a breakaway league. It's not them that's the issue, it's the cabal of big clubs who have pushed the agenda.

Uefa are supposed to be in charge though, they’ve allowed the corrupt cabal to dictate to them. 

Just wait til we add in our official mattress partner - then the chocolate partner, tractor partner, official cambodian beer partner and wipe wipes for men partner.

Theres ways to inflate overall income.

Just now, Lazarus said:

Just wait til we add in our official mattress partner - then the chocolate partner, tractor partner, official cambodian beer partner and wipe wipes for men partner.

Theres ways to inflate overall income.

Training ground sponsor, Stadium associate!