PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

33 minutes ago, Ace said:

Sky 6 or corrupt 6 will do.

That makes more sense, though with City and Chelsea in particular I’m not as sure how well that reputation will hold without a sugar daddy potentially one day.

One important thing to remember in Bobbys era we were as high as the 5th biggest in terms of revenue so the potential has been there for us for a while and we’ve kind of had the reverse effect of spurs.

Regarding Man U and Liverpool I mean the sky based propaganda that they were just naturally always huge clubs with massive support. They both benefited from benefactors with deep pockets, alongside good management on and off the field and of course elite media promotion. 

Man Utd always attracted huge crowds, though there are plenty who pin their nationwide support to sympathy from the Munich Air Disaster in ‘58 of course - and I do think Liverpool benefitted from being successful at just the right time; the dawn of the TV and European football being the biggest thing going age.

Had European football and TV become as integral a decade earlier than it did, it might have been Wolves and us (or similar) who entered the picture as the biggest bollocks on the playground.

And we had the world’s fourth highest turnover in 97/98 - though this was the  very end of the time when ticket prices were similar across the country and the numbers through the gates and local merchandising truly made a difference.  Today it’s how many punters in Asia or the US or elsewhere have decided that you’re their favouritest side in the world - this week, anyway

14 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Rumour started by Steve Wraith and co. Probably picked a random rich Middle Eastern organisation and hope it sticks

Lad who runs the company gets his teeth done by the Geordie Dentist.

For all people worried that we don't have enough depth for both UCL and EPL next year: If it comes to that I think our management will focus on EPL more. 

The reason for that is that qualifying for UCL next year is much more important than this one. Starting from 2024 UCL is changing format to 36 teams in the group stage and each team plays 8 games. Which means much more games played. Which means much more money. 

I'm sure people in the club are aware of this as well, so I think we will give it our all in the EPL next year, and if we get good results in UCL, even better. 

One good thing is that, by new rules, 2 best countries in the next year will get one extra spot for UCL. 5 of the last 6 years, EPL would have got it. 

Absolutely everywhere in Dubai. All

the buildings seem to be lit up with the name of the company that built them/own them. Classy :lol: 

It was three main ones plastered all over the place. Emaar were everywhere and the biggest one, I think. A mate lived in a Damac building. The other one began with M. 

That logo wouldn't actually be that bad, and there are much worse sponsors you could have then a middle eastern retail tycoon, especially one that isn't linked to the Saudi state.

I always think that Stavely and Mehrdad are such canny operators across the Middle East, that they could easily bring in sponsorships etc not directly linked to Saudi.

They could run rings around the FFP rules made by the corrupt 6 nonces.

2 hours ago, Disco said:

That’s what I got told on Sunday by a lad who used to live in Dubai. Same folk that run Noon.

you heard it was that EMAAR company

11 hours ago, Kanji said:

you heard it was that EMAAR company

Yup. Mohamed Alabbar is the link. He oversees them, is on the Noon board and is close to PIF. Might be bollocks mind, it’ll all be a slightly Man City way of doing things you’d imagine but at least it’s a little less overt.