PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Just now, NUFC_Chris said:

The club know they can sell the tickets ten times over so they’ve little incentive to treat people fairly - other than bad PR perhaps. 

Arsenal operate a similar system apparently. Perhaps they’ve just looked at what other clubs do and copied/pasted. 

I don’t see why it would be so difficult for them to add a ‘category select function’, so people who only want the cheaper tickets can specify so when they enter the ballot. 

I reckon they will do something to be fair, they’ve responded to criticism pretty well up til now?

What criticism? 

Slightly off topic but a generic FYI on this thread. Unfortunately my ITK pal no longer works within the higher echelons of the club.

But you can bookmark this quote for future. If we go on a bad run this season, don’t be surprised for Howe to be sacked and Mourinho to come in…

4 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I wonder what the reaction would be if ST holders were put into a ballot for their seats and were told you had to pay £2000 for a Platinum Club seat?

If 85,000 memberships is true. The club has made around £3m for it. About £2m more than last season. In the terms of FFP it is frankly peanuts…

Most of what we do (bar front of shirt sponsor etc.) will likely be ‘FFP peanuts’ of a few million. But by building a few million at a time, you get to tens of millions, which gives you the FFP headroom. In many ways, I wish football hadn’t gone the way it has - but if we want success, driving revenue as high as possible is the way to get it. 

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

Slightly off topic but a generic FYI on this thread. Unfortunately my ITK pal no longer works within the higher echelons of the club.

But you can bookmark this quote for future. If we go on a bad run this season, don’t be surprised for Howe to be sacked and Mourinho to come in…

That would be fucking awful

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

Sorry like but I would be surprised. What the fuck would Mourinho do with the same squad that Howe hasn't already done better? The only way you can get better results than we are getting is to ignore FFP and just start throwing money at superstars.

Just now, stozo said:

Most of what we do (bar front of shirt sponsor etc.) will likely be ‘FFP peanuts’ of a few million. But by building a few million at a time, you get to tens of millions, which gives you the FFP headroom. In many ways, I wish football hadn’t gone the way it has - but if we want success, driving revenue as high as possible is the way to get it. 

There’s plenty of ways to skin a cat to raise money and the Club haven’t done it. 

10 minutes ago, stozo said:

I feel like all the kicking off about ticket process is a bit people wanting to have their cake and eat it. People want us to compete for trophies. FFP is the major barrier to that. Which means we need to increase revenue. Which in turn means everything (especiallly tickets) will go up in price. Everything has a cost, and this is the price of success. 

Asking a low income person/family to pay an extra 15% for match tickets is one thing. Telling them that they might have to pay an extra 100% if they are unlucky is quite something else. It's emotional blackmail by the club and it's inexcusable.

Just now, TRon said:

Sorry like but I would be surprised. What the fuck would Mourinho do with the same squad that Howe hasn't already done better? The only way you can get better results than we are getting is to ignore FFP and just start throwing money at superstars.

Big name = £££ and more exposure

More memberships = £££

Increase ticket prices = £££

6 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Big name = £££ and more exposure

More memberships = £££

Increase ticket prices = £££

It doesn't work if the manager doesn't get better results though. I don't think the board members or the ownership would be that short-sighted.

31 minutes ago, stozo said:

I feel like all the kicking off about ticket process is a bit people wanting to have their cake and eat it. People want us to compete for trophies. FFP is the major barrier to that. Which means we need to increase revenue. Which in turn means everything (especiallly tickets) will go up in price. Everything has a cost, and this is the price of success. 

Stozo the Bozo…

How on earth you can think this ticketing and membership fiasco is a grand plan to get around FFP is beyond me.

Edited by AJ9

So they capped memberships last year without telling people. This year it was uncapped but they don't release the info on how the ballots will work until after everyone has bought one. 

It's absolutely terrible communication and exploitative of our fan base. The whole thing has been a shambles. 

13 minutes ago, TRon said:

It doesn't work if the manager doesn't get better results though. I don't think the board members or the ownership would be that short-sighted.

Don’t shoot the messenger. Only passing on something I was told.

I think some people are still slightly naive to what the Club’s overall objectives are moving forward. 

38 minutes ago, stozo said:

I've said this before but I believe there should be scope in FFP for additional equity injection from owners if they can demonstrate that they are not milking fans.  For example if our ticket price is £20, we have a waiting list for tickets and are sold out.  If Arsenal are charging £100 for an equivalent ticket then £80 * 52,000 should be able to be injected.  Until rules like this exist commercial revenue must be increased.

11 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Don’t shoot the messenger. Only passing on something I was told.

I think some people are still slightly naive to what the Club’s overall objectives are moving forward. 

Are you saying that commercial decisions will become more and more the focus until everything revolves around it?

1 hour ago, thepercyarms said:

they've sold unlimited amounts of memberships rather than the cap them like they did last year.

the memberships have increased in price by getting on 50%.

an aston villa ticket for the home game last season was £34, £44 this, an increase of 33%, opportunistic is putting it fucking mildly, it's outright profiteering and they're taking the fucking piss.

My question about whether it was "opportunistic" or not was in response to a post about the ballot vs the virtual queue rather than ticket/membership prices.

9 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Are you saying that commercial decisions will become more and more the focus until everything revolves around it?

Maybe not as black and white as that, but you can certainly see the sea change… 

50 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

I have asked this again and again about the Trust and True Faith? I was wholly disengaged at the time, but am I right in thinking they encouraged others to get rid of their season tickets while keeping hold of their own? And promised consultation with the club and new owners about loyalty points that they were quite obviously in no way placed to guarantee? Almost have to admire the moxie really.

If that happened that’s really fucked. Although from the outside looking in on the Trust and the other groups of the same ilk, they all seem incredibly self serving and are only used to elevate their own self interests/self image while being attached to the club and their proximity to it for clout. So something happening like mentioned above, while absolutely fucked, comes as no surprise really. 

16 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

My question about whether it was "opportunistic" or not was in response to a post about the ballot vs the virtual queue rather than ticket/membership prices.

ah, ok, apologies, wasn't intended as a personal go at you anyway, just an observation.  :)

Having a succession plan in place is sensible regardless of how well the current manager is doing. Mourinho being that succession plan would definitely lead to questions over their competence though. 

That said, I'm not sure I believe it. Surely Ashworth would have an awful lot of say in who the next manager would be, and I highly doubt Mourinho would be his cup of tea. 

I could think of worse appointments if it did go tits up for Howe, mind...

Am I being stupid here, or isn’t this ticketing issue a pretty minor thing? It seems like the level of vitriol towards it is massively disproportionate to the actual issue.

I think it will be a stupid oversight rather than anything malicious, and it will all be sorted out within a week.