PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

My even going to pretend to know how, put supposedly it helps with FFP in some way 

https://x.com/kieranmaguire/status/1699860284871946508?s=46

It doesn’t really help with FFP in terms of allowing us to spend more. We all presume and expect us to spend up to the FFP limit and in order to do so it had be backed by capital from the ownership. 

5 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

What a surprise never mind the fact these leading clubs tried to destroy domestic football.

Utterly desperate, transparent and doomed to failure from the usual suspects.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/sep/07/premier-league-clubs-call-to-block-nation-state-ownership

You've got to love the brass neck of these other clubs. It'll be the same twats who tried to form a super league. They're absolutely spitting feathers with us as new competition aren't they?[emoji38]

2 hours ago, Scoot said:

You've got to love the brass neck of these other clubs. It'll be the same twats who tried to form a super league. They're absolutely spitting feathers with us as new competition aren't they?[emoji38]

Absolute self interest they couldn’t give a fuck about fit and proper, I mean Levy has some cheek when his puppet master Joe Lewis is facing prison time.

They can whinge all they like no U.K. govt is telling PIF they can’t own a British business unless there’s a dramatic breakdown in a relationship spanning decades with the Saudis.

Edited by Whitley mag

7 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

What a surprise never mind the fact these leading clubs tried to destroy domestic football.

Utterly desperate, transparent and doomed to failure from the usual suspects.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/sep/07/premier-league-clubs-call-to-block-nation-state-ownership

This wouldn't mean anything to us and City anyway I wouldn't have thought. The PL can't take the club off of PIF so it would just be future takeovers I'd imagine.

29 minutes ago, Decky said:

This wouldn't mean anything to us and City anyway I wouldn't have thought. The PL can't take the club off of PIF so it would just be future takeovers I'd imagine.

Can you imagine if the rules are changed and any Qatari takeover of Man U was blocked…….would be hilarious. As for retrospectively applying new rules on existing ownership just won’t happen, if they tried it would end up in huge legal battles.

On 05/09/2023 at 16:08, The Prophet said:

I thought he looked familiar, just realised I used to work with his younger brother a few years ago. If he's owt like his brother he'll be a good bloke to have around.

I always thought the owners test was to makesure they had the funds to actually keep the said club on a financially stable footing. So no chance of administration. Not to stop the the new owners from spending because they're a state. The cartel aren't very bright considering if they need new owners they'll more than likely will be state owned to be able to afford them. Man utd 7 billion liverpool 6 billion. Cannot see mike Ashley been able to afford them prices. 

On 08/09/2023 at 05:41, Scoot said:

I don't know man, I don't think nation states should own football clubs abroad.

On 07/09/2023 at 13:51, Kimbo said:

PIF are basically weaving themselves into the ordinary business of these clubs until the relationship gets to the point where they all feel comfortable joining a Saudi led super league. Whether we’ll be taken along for the ride remains to be seen, I have some doubts. Saudi ambitions will be far bigger than just having a good domestic league, and far far bigger than having one good premier league side. When super league time comes and they’re picking clubs get into it, the core member clubs will probably vote us out.

I would hope we get "voted out" or they or we use literally any excuse to not join such a wretched and ridiculous competition.

42 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep, there are some thick cunts in our support

3 young kids

The bloke in the cap seems to have came to support Saudi and have a bash at the UK

And a bloke with a horrific mackem accent

Harsh to label the full support off the back of that clip

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Do those idiots protesting not realise that in some countries if they tried to protest like that they'd be sentenced to death!! They should be grateful and think themselves lucky. 

Nearly caught me with that wind up I must admit.  

Nice see the sports washing is working well at SJP. All credit to the protesters having to deal with them thick cunts. 

1 hour ago, jack j said:

3 young kids

The bloke in the cap seems to have came to support Saudi and have a bash at the UK

And a bloke with a horrific mackem accent

Harsh to label the full support off the back of that clip

I didn’t label the full support - I said there are some thick cunts in our support.  Some, not all.