PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

5 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

Wonder if the Saudis will ever look at us and think we haven’t got much chance of progression with FFP and move on. 🤔 But I suppose we don’t know what they’re thinking.

If we can get state of the art academy/training facilities and a new stadium out of them before that happens, then I'd be quite happy.

12 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

Wonder if the Saudis will ever look at us and think we haven’t got much chance of progression with FFP and move on. 🤔 But I suppose we don’t know what they’re thinking.

Even if they do, we got rid of Ashley and that's a net positive whatever happens.

5 hours ago, duo said:

Howay PIF use this spot light to take UEFA and PL to court.  The rules need changing.

Seems like the club are using the media to highlight the need for change to FFP, first the Samuel’s article, Jason Burt yesterday now today there’s an article in the Times………much more subtle than going straight in with a legal challenge I guess.

8 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Article by Jason Burt in the Telegraph this morning……..behind a paywall🤷‍♂️

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/01/12/footballs-spending-rules-widening-gulf-between-have-nots/

"The flip side of this is also a worry because neither do we want all our clubs being owned by states, oligarchs and US hedge funds. A personal view is they should be community assets and that should be enshrined in some way with an element of fan ownership. But that horse has bolted."

Yeah, reeto, I'll do a quick Google over his full career and see how many times he's suggested that particular unicorn

The two things I would support is a is a luxury tax, where if rich owners want to spend more than the cap on transfers then they would need to pay a tax on the overspend which could be distributed evenly for academy spend between the 72 league clubs outside of the Premier League. That would support the continued development of youth players in this country.

I would also look at a salary cap, not on individual players but on the whole squad and that cash amount would be the same for the entire league.

47 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

"The flip side of this is also a worry because neither do we want all our clubs being owned by states, oligarchs and US hedge funds. A personal view is they should be community assets and that should be enshrined in some way with an element of fan ownership. But that horse has bolted."

Yeah, reeto, I'll do a quick Google over his full career and see how many times he's suggested that particular unicorn

In fairness to him that’s not a particularly unusual position. It’s what I want.

46 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Fan ownership in the Bundesliga isn’t all that it’s made out to be, major German companies are deeply involved in the financing of the clubs, yes they have some say but I’d bet those funding the clubs get their own way nine out of ten times.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a challenge to FFP was on the horizon, it all seems very deliberate from the club this week. Throw in recent articles from the likes of NDM around the anti competitive nature of FFP and I’d guess where there’s lawyers pushing this, somebody will eventually take the rule makers on in the courts.

In the short term I think the club is playing sponsorship correctly and I’ve got no doubt if they wanted a training gear or ground sponsor it would be done by now.

There’s a method here though and they’re drip feeding the sponsorship deals correctly to maximise revenues across the next few seasons.

Short term heavy investment in the youth academy and smarter transfer dealings than last summer will help us be competitive.

Edited by Whitley mag

43 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Those highly altruistic Sinister Six clubs at it again - delaying agreement of new distribution to the 72 EFL deal because they’re pissed Amazon or Apple didn’t pay more for the PL tv rights. But they’re trying to help these clubs with FFP right? Right?

https://x.com/kieranmaguire/status/1745975627277124080?s=46&t=ODCi93Jpx6PQfubREKUtbA

IMG_5361.thumb.jpeg.e4d3a3e8e5f05bb5e4470d1081723df0.jpeg

There appears to be a concerted effort to expose the cartel clubs for what they are…….a pack of self serving greedy cunts.

51 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if a challenge to FFP was on the horizon, it all seems very deliberate from the club this week. Throw in recent articles from the likes of NDM around the anti competitive nature of FFP and I’d guess where there’s lawyers pushing this, somebody will eventually take the rule makers on in the courts.

In the short term I think the club is playing sponsorship correctly and I’ve got no doubt if they wanted a training gear or ground sponsor it would be done by now.

There’s a method here though and they’re drip feeding the sponsorship deals correctly to maximise revenues across the next few seasons.

Short term heavy investment in the youth academy and smarter transfer dealings than last summer will help us be competitive.

I also think that any challenge could be done alongside other clubs with the same issue. Say, Everton, Forest, even City (as it might get them out of a hole). 

Villa too - if they qualify for the CL, they'll find themselves in the exact same position as us this year. Suddenly unable to invest to a level that makes them unable to compete and vulnerable to having their players / manager picked off by the same old clubs.

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

Fan ownership in the Bundesliga isn’t all that it’s made out to be, major German companies are deeply involved in the financing of the clubs, yes they have some say but I’d bet those funding the clubs get their own way nine out of ten times.

This. Bayern for example are owned by Adidas, Audi, and Alliance.

Wolfsburg by VW, Bayer by Bayer, Stuttgart by Mercedes and been linked with Porsche.

1 hour ago, PCW1983 said:

Does the acceptable losses under PSR ever go up?  

Kieran Maguire has just tweeted this morning, if it had gone up with "football inflation" (not sure exactly what that means) then the acceptable losses would be £218m over three years.

Edited by Keegans Export

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Eh, so the figure has stayed the same since it kicked in about 10 years ago? :lol:

Hmm that seems a bad mad like. A big transfer fee then was £20-30m, now you're paying double that. 

Exactly this, bale went for £78m record in 2013, now bang average players go for that 

Just now, nufcnick said:

Exactly this, bale went for £78m record in 2013, now bang average players go for that 

Aye, players in the Barnes/Gordon profile were probably £18-22m fees then even accounting for "English potential" tax. Carroll was an outlier a couple of years earlier due to Liverpool panicking with the £50m burning in their pocket from Torres but he was probably closer to the £25m mark than £35m in reality. It's almost doubled.

The lack of annual adjustment that is tied to the actual performance and real world happenings of the league/football in general is just a massive massive miss and oversight by the regulators. 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

As it’s set up currently no, inflation doesn’t exist. 

That’s one of my issues with it, especially given how Chelsea and Man Utd continue to inflate the transfer market. Over three seasons you can now lose a Moises Caicedo. It’s not just at the top end of the market either. Chelsea and City have the whole foreign talented youth segment tied up too.