PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Another farewell tour…….they did one in 2005 :lol:

I can't see them doing another in 2043 Tbf. 🙈

3 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Don't worry. We won't compete. We've got fans who don't want to even consider moving a few hundred yards into Castle Leazes for a new stadium because SJP is our spiritual home. We're going to keep the dinosaur-age East Stand for the forseeable future.

the two aren't related

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, McCormick said:

The Line, as I expected, won’t be going ahead as originally planned; lot of issues, including lack of funding. Quelle surprise.

It would have been a social nightmare.

You just need to look at things like Byker Wall, and 60’s housing to show that it can lead to massive problems.

12 minutes ago, Stifler said:

It would have been a social nightmare.

You just need to look at things like Byker Wall, and 60’s housing to show that it can lead to massive problems.

Screamed dystopian future.

52 minutes ago, McCormick said:

The Line, as I expected, won’t be going ahead as originally planned; lot of issues, including lack of funding. Quelle surprise.

You didn't have to be a genius to see it was unbuildable nonsense.

It was a stunt aimed at bringing in investment into the country; unfortunately those bigger multinationals weren’t enticed enough to move their bases from Dubai.

Sorry to sound smug but the fact they paid me 7 figures as a consultant on this project (one of many “experts”)  while basically just saying “not sure this is feasible, like” is pretty funny tbh.

It’ll still go ahead but not as ambitious as they’ve initially laid out. Funds are being diverted to the many international sporting events they’ll be holding in the next few years.

10 minutes ago, McCormick said:

It was a stunt aimed at bringing in investment into the country; unfortunately those bigger multinationals weren’t enticed enough to move their bases from Dubai.

Was speaking to someone about a role in Saudi recently and they’re saying they are going quite hard on people flying in and out from Dubai and want people in roles to be KSA not Lower Gulf based.

On 20/04/2024 at 15:11, Dokko said:

Anyone used Viagogo? Just seen the Eagles are doing a farewell tour, and thinking of treating the old man. 

Used it for the Usyk fight in Poland last year and got scammed. Tickets got denied at the gate and had to go to box office and buy more. They were really quick at refunding the money but if it had been a sold out event, i’d have spent money going to Poland for nothing due to them. 

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

Used it for the Usyk fight in Poland last year and got scammed. Tickets got denied at the gate and had to go to box office and buy more. They were really quick at refunding the money but if it had been a sold out event, i’d have spent money going to Poland for nothing due to them. 

Jesus. Old man said no anyway, but thst was my fear.

2 hours ago, McCormick said:

Sorry to sound smug but the fact they paid me 7 figures as a consultant on this project (one of many “experts”)  while basically just saying “not sure this is feasible, like” is pretty funny tbh.

It’ll still go ahead but not as ambitious as they’ve initially laid out. Funds are being diverted to the many international sporting events they’ll be holding in the next few years.

In joked with a mate that someone fucked up a decimal point or two on the total length of the line and they just had to go with it for a bit. 

Just now, LFEE said:

What is/was The Line?

Another in a long list of fantastical Saudi projects that was never ever going to be realised. Just complete fantasy-land stuff almost to like Bioshock's Rapture and Columbia levels. 

15 minutes ago, LFEE said:

What is/was The Line?

Part of the NEOM project. Some of which may happen, but most of which was thought up by people huffing bags of extra strong glue

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/10/the-line-saudi-arabia-scaling-back-plans-105-mile-long-desert-megacity-crown-prince

Edited by bobbydazzla