PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

There is a nuance to be found between sneering middle class Journos and rah rah Uber/Disney/Boeing type arguments. The guy on Twitter summed it up for me personally. 

This doesn’t fall at our feet (that might get chopped off) but equally we should not be doing Saudi PR for them. Imo. 

Are we doing Saudi PR for them?

The only bad thing coming out of this takeover happening in this international break is the journos have plenty of columns and space to fill in their papers. So this anti-Saudi theme is publishrd left, right and center.

I guess it will slowdown once England play tonight or even once the PL games start again. Maybe it won't go away either but I'm not paying attention and also those forums of other ckubs like RAWK can go to fuck too.

Guest reefatoon

2 days in and I am already bored rigid about people banging on about the human rights side of it. Don’t mind people having opinions and their takes on it, but when people try to force it down your throat constantly then they can get to fuck. Everyone is entitled to an opinion just don’t try and force that opinion down my throat every 5 minutes. 

Just now, reefatoon said:

2 days in and I am already bored rigid about people banging on about the human rights side of it. Don’t mind people having opinions and their takes on it, but when people try to force it down your throat constantly then they can get to fuck. Everyone is entitled to an opinion just don’t try and force that opinion down my throat every 5 minutes. 

The issue for the media is that we're now richer than the rest of the PL combined. Human Rights is a convenient stick to beat us with, but it's clear their actual concern is how much money we have now and how their beloved teams are going to be left behind after they unsuccessfully tried to leave the rest of us behind this year.

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Fans SERIOUSLY need to fucking stop with the Saudi flags and outfits! Like really! 

They won't. There will always be some numpty who will overdo it, I would suggest to ignore it and realise you can't control every Newcastle fan in the city. 

The irony of the Guardian using Twitter to promote itself which Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal owns a decent chunk of. 

Wilson, who wrote the 2nd best book on Brian Clough I've read (Provided You Don't Kiss Me was better although Wilson's book is bloody good) with his "There is only one question Newcastle fans and football more generally needs to ask: how do you feel about torture and murder?" I reckon most of us aren't keen like but as above what are we supposed to do about it ?  

This is just the start people. There's going to be a paradigm shift in how Newcastle United (and therefore it's supporters) are both perceived and portrayed. Get used to being hated. Jealousy is a hell of a motivator. There's nothing to say you can't enjoy the takeover, Newcastle United under this new ownership and deplore the actions of one of the parties involved. When previous owners of the club have done terrible things Newcastle United fans weren't expected to be responsible so I don't see why they are now ? 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

They won't. There will always be some numpty who will overdo it, I would suggest to ignore it and realise you can't control every Newcastle fan in the city. 

You're absolutely right :thup:

Just now, neesy111 said:

Still struggling to take this in still.  Happened so quickly.

This is where I'm at. Loads of people at work who support other teams asking me my opinion on the Saudis, no doubt so they can start picking holes in whatever viewpoint I give. Right now I'm stunned and elated that Ashley has fucked off, I've not really got any further than that.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yup. You can guarantee unsavoury language at best, scenes at worst should the likes ofAmnesty show up outside SJP on match day.

Boils my piss the BBC have a lead story that the other 19 PL clubs are complaining about us but, the day after the CAT hearing took place, the piece on it was nowhere to be seen on their website unless you went to our specific club page.

These 19 clubs sound like jeleous cunts more than anything. Happy that Mike Ashley took us for a ride for 14 years but now complaining about our new ambitious owners.

Strange that the other 19 clubs didn't have any issues with the Burnley takeover which was leveraged to fuck and completely innappropriate.

Then again, they're no threat....................................How strange indeed.

Edited by Minhosa

34 minutes ago, huss9 said:

thats what Levy said.

I’d imagine his shirt collar feels rather tight. They must owe close to a billion on their stadium, now no super league and the prospect of playing Champions League again is looking remote.

Plus covid probably affected them more than any other club, they needed bums in seats the last 18 months before this season started.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone know the page number where the bien sports stuff broke on Wednesday night ?

edit....Oh don't like my post man, makes me feel bad for just taking a wild guess.

Edited by madras