PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I'm assuming people saw this article yesterday. PIF apparently "disappointed" with the purchase so far. :rolleyes:  https://www.football365.com/news/pif-disappointed-unattractive-newcastle-united-they-want-another-team

This is the kind of stuff we will have to put up with forever now. As soon as there is a setback of any kind, it will be that the club isn't meeting the Saudis' expectations and that they might be looking to sell.

Mind you, I'm still not convinced that they wouldn't consider selling up if we go down. Which is why it's crazy to think that relegation "won't matter".

So you're telling me they are only now aware of how shit we currently are? Poor due diligence that.

I know inter is huge, but surely the wealth to be made here is far greater than in Italy? 

Suppose they would have CL riches etc

17 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Existing sponsorship is ok, just new.

Anti-competition and I’ll be amazed if PIF will let that just go ahead. I’d also be surprised if Citt let it go unchallenged also, seeing that the came out and the meeting saying it was unlawful 

4 minutes ago, NE27 said:

So you're telling me they are only now aware of how shit we currently are? Poor due diligence that.

I know inter is huge, but surely the wealth to be made here is far greater than in Italy? 

Suppose they would have CL riches etc

Not just wealth to be made, but improving their reputation via sportswashing (as is supposed to be happening) is far more likely to be done via the PL and it’s vast worldwide audience than Serie A. 

27 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Existing sponsorship is ok, just new.

7 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Anti-competition and I’ll be amazed if PIF will let that just go ahead. I’d also be surprised if Citt let it go unchallenged also, seeing that the came out and the meeting saying it was unlawful 

Legally that doesn’t work, it’s anti competitive to let some teams still benefit from something that will be banned for other teams, everyone has to be given the same treatment, legacy deals wouldn’t stand up in a competition court ruling, they would be allowed to compete the existing deal, but would now be able to renew 

Edited by nufcnick

17 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I'm assuming people saw this article yesterday. PIF apparently "disappointed" with the purchase so far. :rolleyes:  https://www.football365.com/news/pif-disappointed-unattractive-newcastle-united-they-want-another-team

This is the kind of stuff we will have to put up with forever now. As soon as there is a setback of any kind, it will be that the club isn't meeting the Saudis' expectations and that they might be looking to sell.

Mind you, I'm still not convinced that they wouldn't consider selling up if we go down. Which is why it's crazy to think that relegation "won't matter".

That’s the same reports from the same journalist that the mackems were getting all excited by on RTG last week.

Reality is, he doesn’t appear to get much right (particularly about this takeover), if you look at his Twitter feed.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

That’s the same reports from the same journalist that the mackems were getting all excited by on RTG.

Reality is, he doesn’t appear to get much right (particularly about this takeover), if you look at his Twitter feed.

Oh, I'm not saying that I believe the story. Was more about pointing out that the press will take any opportunity going forward to unsettle the club with tales of how NUFC aren't meeting the owners' expectations, with it being the club's geographical position that is hindering progress.

25 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Id happily see them go without or without relegation. Ashley has gone, that was key. Next up Amanda on board. RB a bonus, PIFs money is the least of the wants from me, quite happy it’s sold on now Ashley’s gone. Makes no difference to me. 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Id happily see them go without or without relegation. Ashley has gone, that was key. Next up Amanda on board. RB a bonus, PIFs money is the least of the wants from me, quite happy it’s sold on now Ashley’s gone. Makes no difference to me. 

Still hoping they get bored and just give it to Amanda and the Reubens. What's 300 million to these people?

12 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I don't agree with that at all. I want them to stick around long enough so that they build world class training facilities, academy and maybe extend SJP to 60K so that if/when they do sell it will have to be to someone who is wealthy enough to afford the club and further the investment. If we were to be sold within the next 12 months that would just leave us vulnerable to another chancer like Ashley. Or worse.

Edited by Wandy

7 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Still hoping they get bored and just give it to Amanda and the Reubens. What's 300 million to these people?

Can they leave after they have built us a new state of the art training facility and extended the Gallowgate end :whistle:

7 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

They don't want to own us on their own. If the Saudis sell up then the likelihood is that the partners would go with them.

Just now, Happinesstan said:

They don't want a £300 million club for £30?

Well that's never happening is it? [emoji38]

But no, I don't even think the Reubens/PCP would want us for a cut price of any kind.

3 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I don't agree with that at all. I want them to stick around long enough so that they build world class training facilities, academy and maybe extend SJP to 60K so that if/when they do sell it will have to be to someone who is wealthy enough to afford the club and further the investment. If we were to be sold within the next 12 months that would just leave us vulnerable to another chancer like Ashley. Or worse.

If pif bottle job it our other investors will get 1st refusal and theyll either go it alone at a cut price, work a deal with PIF on chuck or find another backer. She's been here before and come back with others. No way she let's this club slip through her fingers now her bum is through the door. 

Just now, Wandy said:

Well that's never happening is it? [emoji38]

But no, I don't even think the Reubens/PCP would want us for a cut price of any kind.

She spent 4 years battling for the club. She's all in at this point. This is her crowning moment. From her cold dead hands she let's the club go Imho. 

Just now, Dokko said:

If pif bottle job it our other investors will get 1st refusal and theyll either go it alone at a cut price, work a deal with PIF on chuck or find another backer. She's been here before and come back with others. No way she let's this club slip through her fingers now her bum is through the door. 

That would be fine for me, and I hope you are right. I'm still very edgy about how this progresses though, not gonna lie. Seen too many false dawns to start shouting the odds about all of the great things to come.

£300M purchase plus 1bn to settle piracy over EPL coverage and folk are suggesting PIF are getting uneasy already and may be ready to splash out close to 1bn to purchase Inter. 

Nonsence, the start of something new, especially with everyone ganging up against you is always going to be tough. The consortium know this, PIF aren’t just going to walk away, Staveley already said we’re a good 5 years away from being anywhere near ready.

They may or may not pump some money into Inter but the EPL is the place to own a club, they’ve picked their horse and they will back it. Settle in and enjoy the race we’re not even in the paddock yet.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

That would be fine for me, and I hope you are right. I'm still very edgy about how this progresses though, not gonna lie. Seen too many false dawns to start shouting the odds about all of the great things to come.

I know. We need to shake the mentality, we've all got it as we're used to it going to shit and it's why articles like that exist. To play on our insecurities knowing we'll click, we'll worry and they get to do follow up BS and keep it ticking over. Till about 30mins before Howe was officially announced places like that were saying Villa were in for him, even after being in the stands at Brighton. 

We just have to learn to ignore it. Same fuckers who've had Pogba leave manu 500 times in 3 years yet he's still there. Expect more of it as we're an easy and high profile target.