PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

58 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It’s unprofessional for them to speak on players who we didn’t sign for a start. Also, anything they say will likely come back to haunt them. Saying Botman wants to come and still does is I’ll advised and not something which should come from our owners. 

I’m all for transparency and I fully support them but they might need to give more political answers in future to avoid binding themselves. 

Unprofessional is having an MD run round the pitch naked after a bet with the owner, or an owner drinking so much he vomits into a fireplace. 

This is just a bit naive, ultimately harmless enough and refreshingly honest. 

Edited by Joey Linton

55 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It’s unprofessional for them to speak on players who we didn’t sign for a start. Also, anything they say will likely come back to haunt them. Saying Botman wants to come and still does is I’ll advised and not something which should come from our owners. 

I’m all for transparency and I fully support them but they might need to give more political answers in future to avoid binding themselves. 

Strange one this, because I actually agree with what you're saying but then I ask myself why wouldn't we want more open discussions in the football?

What harm could it possibly have it football was operated with that level of transparency and openess? 

Maybe there is already a plan in place for those players to come in the summer and thus they feel able to say their names openly.

They didn’t give the name of the other player they looked at who went to another club (likely Digne) 

I think it is clear they yammer on too much to anyone who will listen which is endearing but has got us in trouble already (Emery fiasco for one). I suspect it will die down once there is a proper structure in the club CEO and more and they wont be needed to do any hands on (and indeed would undermine the CEO etc if they were publically talking about stuff he is meant to have some authority over).

16 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I think it is clear they yammer on too much to anyone who will listen which is endearing but has got us in trouble already (Emery fiasco for one). I suspect it will die down once there is a proper structure in the club CEO and more and they wont be needed to do any hands on (and indeed would undermine the CEO etc if they were publically talking about stuff he is meant to have some authority over).

I think that’s rubbish to be honest. What do they yammer on too much about? The Emery deal, yeah, maybe you have a point. But what else have they done that leads you to use the words ‘yammer on too much’?

Thought this was interesting regarding  the director of football role: 

“We were accused of not knowing what we were doing, that we had to get someone in before January because it’s all about the transfer window, but for us it wasn’t. It’s not about one year. It’s about five or 10 years. You need to bring in the right person to make the right decisions.”

Personally loved reading that article, after years or second guessing Ashley and that fat thumb looking cunt Charnley, it is so refreshing to get an insight into the club and what our owners want. Unprofessional? Not bothered at all, would rather read some things that they should probably keep to themselves than complete and utter silence. 

Love how they want a training ground on par with Leicester’s, with all of the club on one site. And also love that they’re going to look at extending SJP.

2 minutes ago, Paulie Walnuts said:

My first thought was Alli. But yeah, more likely Digne.

Aye 100%

As much as I would have been buzzing with Digne, I think Targett is better business playing behind ASM

58 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I was hyper critical of them over the Emery farce - go back far enough and the evidence is on here - but I don’t think they’ve put a foot wrong after that.

They’re good advocates for the club and can articulate the vision for it pretty well. They’re not from the Garry Cook school of chatting absolute shite to try and gee up the fans. It’s just jarring to have people in charge who actually talk to the media.

Edited by christ

At least our owners actually own the club, unlike our dear neighbours. 

It's been said countless times already but these guys are night and day compared to what we endured before. They may not be fully media savvy, maybe say more than they should or say it in a way that other chief executives maybe wouldn't but give me that each and every day of the week. I love the raw, open honesty of these interviews, same with Dan Burn and Matt Targett's interviews. Nowt flash, just them being them. If I wanted slick, rehearsed management bullshit bingo I'd tolerate more Brendan Rodgers than I need to. 

To deviate even further, Chris Whitty is excellent at his job, arguably one of the best in his field internationally but understandably is very much the rabbit in the headlights when the world's media is in his face. Poor guy just wants to see the four walls and maybe a window of his office.