PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

20 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Any idea when they're going to announce the new sponsor? Know they said it would be this month. End of the season possibly?

I would think end of season, after our finishing place confirmed.

2 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

I would think end of season, after our finishing place confirmed.

This. If we get Champions League they may be able to justify a bigger deal. There is apparently 2 offers on the table, one maybe on the conditions of Champions League football.

It may also be down to waiting for the Fun88 deal to officially end.

As others have said, I imagine it will be either end of the season, or when we have mathematically qualified for CL. I know it's looking like it's not an actual PIF company, but I still imagine the framework of the deal they have in place has adjustments in it for CL v Europa League football. 

9 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

As others have said, I imagine it will be either end of the season, or when we have mathematically qualified for CL. I know it's looking like it's not an actual PIF company, but I still imagine the framework of the deal they have in place has adjustments in it for CL v Europa League football. 

We have actual competent people running the club now so we don’t have to worry about anymore stupid one sided deals being signed. 

On 02/05/2023 at 21:40, Miggys First Goal said:

Would be even nicer if it wasn’t Castore making it. 

I know there was problems with supply but the quality has been good. 

remember adidas give us some glorious ones but they also give us this monstrosity amongst others

yellow.jpg

20 minutes ago, Mr Pups said:

remember adidas give us some glorious ones but they also give us this monstrosity amongst others

yellow.jpg

This was awesome. Custard Creme Champions

26 minutes ago, Mr Pups said:

yellow.jpg

Was definitely an Ashley piss-take request on the colour…! “I’m getting grief off those Geordie bastards again”,”can you make it look like a deck chair that’s been pissed on?”

29 minutes ago, Mr Pups said:

yellow.jpg

I loved that top personally. It looked fantastic on holiday. 

Think it was open season on NUFC at the time, which I wasn't against with the owner and feel that away shirt was much maligned

still think that piece of garbage under Dalglish in 97/98 is the most putrid thing I've ever seen - the shirt that is, not what he did to Keegan's team

1 hour ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Was definitely an Ashley piss-take request on the colour…! “I’m getting grief off those Geordie bastards again”,”can you make it look like a deck chair that’s been pissed on?”

Sentimentally, I loved that kit. Like others said, felt like it had been picked by the world to take the piss after our relegation, and we/Hughton and co. gave the biggest fuck you in response by redignifying ourselves in it and cantering to the title.

33 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Think it was open season on NUFC at the time, which I wasn't against with the owner and feel that away shirt was much maligned

still think that piece of garbage under Dalglish in 97/98 is the most putrid thing I've ever seen - the shirt that is, not what he did to Keegan's team

That dark blue with orange and green stripe? If it was released now it would be an instant classic for being innovative and different 

39 minutes ago, 80 said:

Sentimentally, I loved that kit. Like others said, felt like it had been picked by the world to take the piss after our relegation, and we/Hughton and co. gave the biggest fuck you in response by redignifying ourselves in it and cantering to the title.

Without a doubt definitely agree. It would have been around the same time he changed Shearers to number 9. He was grade-a c*nt. 

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-newcastle-united-could-now-strike-african-deal-as-talks-recommence/

Random new sleeve sponsor?

Quick likely stupid question. Could we be doubling sponsorship by having different sleeve sponsors for men's and women's and shirt sponsors? I assume it levels out as it takes away from what the main sponsor gets. Or is that not allowed?

On 11/05/2023 at 14:10, Mr Pups said:

yellow.jpg

Id love a mint in bag version of this.

On 11/05/2023 at 15:48, gjohnson said:

That dark blue with orange and green stripe? If it was released now it would be an instant classic for being innovative and different 

it was a throw back to a Newcastle East end kit they had for one season about 130 years ago. Dunno where they got the fucking green from mind they lobbed in the mix