PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

FFP sucks donkey balls, it feels like it strengthens the established 'top six', while hamstringing anyone attempting to break into that world, purely because it didn't start on a level playing field.

That’s exactly what it does [emoji38]

Trippier, Wilson, Miggy, Murphy - these 4 can surely be traded before we offload Bruno. If Wilson and Trippier go to Saudi in the summer we can massage the figures on both deals. £25m a pop and there’s your £50m

53 minutes ago, Ben said:

Do Man City and Liverpool have to sell any of their star players for FFP?

Every year Man City seem to sell £30m-£40m worth of academy players that got nowhere near the first team. Most usually go to Southampton ?

Those figures do support something I remember reading earlier this season - that we could be well positioned to spend a decent amount this summer. If we're at #7 in terms of revenue before things like the Sela deal, the CL income and the Adidas sponsorship come into play then that should give us some flexibility once we move into the 24/25 accounting period. 

1 minute ago, Ameritoon said:

Big name players sold? Javier Manquillo has to be one of the longest names in the squad. Move him on.

Bruno Guimarães Rodriguez Moura and Joelinton Cássio Apolinário de Lira

It's a bit shite like. Wonder if the wildcard sale could be Joelinton maybe? Someone would surely fancy him for £50-60m? Top that up with selling Targett, Wilson and Krafth or someone to get us £100m. Would that leave much to spend?

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's a bit shite like. Wonder if the wildcard sale could be Joelinton maybe? Someone would surely fancy him for £50-60m? Top that up with selling Targett, Wilson and Krafth or someone to get us £100m. Would that leave much to spend?

Being of a certain age I remember the sorrow I felt at "losing" Alan Kennedy and Supermac. More recently Andy Cole. 

Even tho we're a "project" & the team will "evolve" & Eddy Howe himself has admitted some favourites may have to depart along the way, I'd be gutted if either of the Brazilian lads left. 

Gutted, I tell thee

13 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Being of a certain age I remember the sorrow I felt at "losing" Alan Kennedy and Supermac. More recently Andy Cole. 

Even tho we're a "project" & the team will "evolve" & Eddy Howe himself has admitted some favourites may have to depart along the way, I'd be gutted if either of the Brazilian lads left. 

Gutted, I tell thee

Aye, just sad the spine of the side that has taken us this far won't be together to see it out, especially when Botman, Bruno and Isak are elite. It's not like we're going to have to sell because they've outgrown us, it'll be because fucking FFP. Shit man.

Longstaff and Anderson have to be prime contenders because it's pure profit (just depends how well covered we are with all the HG stuff, I have no idea). Then whatever you can cobble together from Almiron, Wilson and Targett. Willock might be on the table too?

2 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Stadium naming rights would bring in  money…….but of course there’s those that think that would be a step too far!!

No room for sentimentality.

8 minutes ago, buzz said:

Longstaff and Anderson have to be prime contenders because it's pure profit (just depends how well covered we are with all the HG stuff, I have no idea). Then whatever you can cobble together from Almiron, Wilson and Targett. Willock might be on the table too?

From a FFP point of view they're great options to sell. If we want to be in Europe though we have things like home grown and domestic quotas to think of. I'd fuming if Bruno, either Joe or Isak were sold unless it's for ridiculous money. £150 million plus. With Joelinton I don't think there's a midfielder with his physicality in world football. 

This FFP needs hoyed in the bin - it’s simply protecting the bellend ‘big six’ and making it impossible for the rest to constantly compete at the top! It’s a totally anti-competitive rule and the other 14 teams need to get together and challenge it in court! In which other industry would the wealthiest business not be allowed to recruit the best staff for the biggest money! Corrupt wankers! 

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Liverpool did when they were first making their way back to relevance. Alonso, Torres and Coutinho spring to mind. 

City rely on massive commercial revenue and selling academy prospects.

Can I just say, it's still really noval to me that our Chairman comes out and talks openly and honestly like that. Still feels weird. :lol:

2 hours ago, Ben said:

City found another way...as we all know