Aston Villa 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 21/08/21 - post-match from page 13

BlueStar

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Still though, he's barely, barely off. I'm sure they weren't going to use VAR for that this season? If they did, surely Bruno would have been off last week? 

I mean it’d probably be relevant if we’d have just lost 1-0. 

The fact is, even if we had scored the penalty, Villa would have stepped up from walking pace and cantered to a victory.

The referee isn’t to blame, the thick cunt in the dugout and the other tosser in Shirebook are.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The fact is, even if we had scored the penalty, Villa would have stepped up from walking pace and cantered to a victory.

The referee isn’t to blame, the thick cunt in the dugout and the other tosser in Shirebook are.

Oh its not relevant at all tbh, just interesting that there are still massive flaws in a system they claimed to have fixed

Just now, geordie_b said:

Oh its not relevant at all tbh, just interesting that there are still massive flaws in a system they claimed to have fixed

Agree. Although VAR is never going to work. It’ll always be as shit as this because football decisions are largely subjective, rather than measurable.

Football really is deteriorating on all levels.

We play pointless football, we have a pointless manager and backroom team. It's not really any real surprise after two games we are pointless. 

Just a waste of 90 mins and we'll have another season of it. Enjoy. 

4 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

We were shit and didn't deserve much, but VAR and refs [emoji38]

Helps my detaching from NUFC so much easier knowing that the game itself is becoming more ridiculous by the season.

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

It was pretty relevant for my over 2.5 goals bet like. 

That defence looks like it's going to concede with every attack. All the players in the back line are bang average (no matter who is selected) and the five at the back just doesn't work. We desperately need defenders, another central midfielder and a striker. My money is that we will get Choudary on loan (possibly) and that's it - very average player to me but the fact he will still be an improvement (aside Willock) is telling. Almiron is not a midfielder and St Max is not a forward. Bruce is an absolute joke of a manager, but I'm not 100% convinced by Jones either mind. 

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

That defence looks like it's going to concede with every attack. All the players in the back line are bang average (no matter who is selected) and the five at the back just doesn't work. We desperately need defenders, another central midfielder and a striker. My money is that we will get Choudary on loan (possibly) and that's it - very average player to me but the fact he will still be an improvement (aside Willock) is telling. Almiron is not a midfielder and St Max is not a forward. Bruce is an absolute joke of a manager, but I'm not 100% convinced by Jones either mind. 

We had the same set of defenders in the squad which Rafa left, and that was more than good enough. It's not the players, it's the lack of coaching. Not just as a back 5 but collectively. But then we always knew this would happen, players need organising, and regular drills, they aren't going to hang onto what Rafa was instilling 3 years ago. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, TRon said:

We had the same set of defenders in the squad which Rafa left, and that was more than good enough. It's not the players, it's the lack of coaching. Not just as a back 5 but collectively. But then we always knew this would happen, players need organising, and regular drills, they aren't going to hang onto what Rafa was instilling 3 years ago. 

Some of those defenders are getting on a bit tbf.  

Good to know VAR is still rubbish. Ask the lino to flag/ don’t flag as they believe and unless it’s clear and obvious let their decision stand. Clear and obvious has to be a gap between lines.

Oh, and I don’t think theirs was a penalty this week either. Look at it in real time for distance/ reaction time and also see where your arm naturally goes when making that attempted block. 

Villa weren’t exactly great today, I didn’t see much from Bruce or Jones today. I did see players looking like they were going through the motions a bit  at 2 down.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

None of those players would get into any team above midtable and none of those teams would be interested either. Rafa had good organisation and defended from the front (we don't now), however under Rafa the likes of Clark, Ritchie and Murphy were certainly on their way out of the club. Neesy states some are also getting on a bit and that's a fair point also (especially Fernandez). Just don't rate any of our defenders as more than average at best and nobody needs to tell me about the clusterfuck of a manger making things even worse. You even agreed to the point I made last week concerning if you are a player of a good quality standard then you will still see that on a football pitch no matter who the manager is. I just don't see that with any of the defenders, or most of the team either it has to be said.

We never have any sort of shape or understanding of a system. No two/three players are ever in tandem or linked through a formation. No pattern of play. If anything it looks like we are winging it - a little like our 'Manager'.

Also, Maximin is the liability when you're up against it. He needs to release the ball earlier at times, rather than always trying to skin 5 players. Yes, he's our most gifted football (not difficult playing in a pub team) but he's not helping at times loosing the ball when players have committed to support.

I really wish we would just crash and burn and start over, in the 14 years of watching this shite, we could have attempted to build a new team, maybe one with an identity, as a bonus half of the happy clappers listening to BBC Total Sport lapping up our Tactical Messiah for not watching Love Island, might have decided to fuck off along with the owner.

As it stands this club is purely existing and not a living, breathing, competing football club. It's a shambles from top to bottom and that includes the fan base.

We're a fucking embarrassment. 

As I write this I'm watching Brighton, Brighton! who have a shape and playing methodology that makes us look like Jossy's Giants!