Aston Villa 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 21/08/21 - post-match from page 13

BlueStar

Well that was probably my 1 and only game I'll watch this season, went as expected. Our strongest team too, Villa were poor and we made it far too easy for them. Officiating didn't help and no doubt will be used as an excuse by Brucey and swallowed up by the supporters but we could have played all day and not scored. 

6 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Longstaff doesn't just look weak he looks like someone who'd rather be doing something else, no appetite or desire for anything

you could say that about the starting 11.

5 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

There's gonna have to be 3 very bad other teams for this shower to stay up this year

It's very early, but it feels like the luck we've had under Bruce has run out.

Wilson missing a sitter. Unlucky penalty decisions going against us. Our penalty being over turned for offside.

Bruce out.

Edited by KaKa

Guest HTT II
Just now, KaKa said:

:lol:

Adam Armstrong coming back home next weekend. 

I wonder how that story ends? :lol:

GOOOOOOAAAAALLLL

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

It's very early, but it feels like the luck we've had under Bruce has run out.

Wilson missing a sitter. Unlucky penalty decisions going against us. Our penalty being over turned for offsides.

Bruce out.

Agree, when you're not good enough you need luck. A lucky team gets a 1-1 draw in that game, Lascelles gets away with the handball and there's no offside on the Wilson pen. We're shit, no leadership, nothing in midfield and we're unlucky too. Bad recipe. 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, KaKa said:

:lol:

Adam Armstrong coming back home next weekend. 

I wonder how that story ends? :lol:

All Rafa’s fault anyway for letting him go and not buying a replacement with his own money.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Yup :lol:

Probably be more than one of them too. It's so going to happen.

Fingers crossed 

Generally our opening games have been boring from a performance point of view. It is only right to discuss the decision making from officials today. Arguably the Lascelles hand ball should have been given as I would have been disappointed had that been at the other end. However the issue last week was the West Ham penalty wasn't reviewed at all leading to the inconsistency. Martinez was not in control when he made the challenge on Wilson and although they had Mings covering ot was reckless and endangered the player, probably should have been a red card. He is slightly offside before it, but again the thickness of the lines from last season looks no different and therefore no advantage to the striker at all. 

It's a worrying start - not something anyone has predicted against and with arguably our strongest XI it is going to be a long season. There has been a marked change from the officials this season to let certain fouls happen that last season would have been pulled back.

Just now, robbo_11 said:

Generally our opening games have been boring from a performance point of view. It is only right to discuss the decision making from officials today. Arguably the Lascelles hand ball should have been given as I would have been disappointed had that been at the other end. However the issue last week was the West Ham penalty wasn't reviewed at all leading to the inconsistency. Martinez was not in control when he made the challenge on Wilson and although they had Mings covering ot was reckless and endangered the player, probably should have been a red card. He is slightly offside before it, but again the thickness of the lines from last season looks no different and therefore no advantage to the striker at all. 

It's a worrying start - not something anyone has predicted against and with arguably our strongest XI it is going to be a long season. There has been a marked change from the officials this season to let certain fouls happen that last season would have been pulled back.

I don’t think it’s fair to say nobody predicted this TBH. We can easily lose absolutely any game - we have the same manager and the same team which stank the league up last season. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t think it’s fair to say nobody predicted this TBH. We can easily lose absolutely any game - we have the same manager and the same team which stank the league up last season. 

I haven't said that, the majority have predicted we wouldn't have a good start based on last season and transfer business. 

1 minute ago, geordie_b said:

Doesnt matter how thick they make the VAR lines when the frame they use makes Wilson look like he has size 30 feet

E9U-F0gWEAY2EXu?format=jpg&name=large

Was then about to post this image. 

Seriously man that foot has been fucking extended [emoji38]