Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

9 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

It’s absolutely ridiculous, too, that we have to get excited over off-field appointments because we’ve been starved off happiness for so long. Fuck, Ashley. 

It is amazing like.

The playing staff have gone from part time to full time (as has the manager) and whole departments are being staffed and probably being created too.

How on earth do you run a premier league club on skeleton staff?

56 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

It is amazing like.

The playing staff have gone from part time to full time (as has the manager) and whole departments are being staffed and probably being created too.

How on earth do you run a premier league club on skeleton staff?

It wasn’t ran, they were winging it! [emoji38]

Reading between the lines, we've hired this lawyer to make sure our sponsorship deals are watertight?

I.e, the PL can't block any big deals because they don't want little ol Newcastle on the gravy train?

Think I'd actually enjoy the PL trying to stop us, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on legally.

15 minutes ago, STM said:

Reading between the lines, we've hired this lawyer to make sure our sponsorship deals are watertight?

I.e, the PL can't block any big deals because they don't want little ol Newcastle on the gravy train?

Think I'd actually enjoy the PL trying to stop us, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on legally.

Yep, seems that way. He’s got loads of experience with the football establishment so this is where he’ll be helping us level up. 

39 minutes ago, STM said:

Aye. I'm expecting a few legal battles coming our way, don't expect to lose many. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t face anymore legal threats or challenges from the league tbh. They have seen the calibre of our appointments and the knowledge and experience they have in football and won’t even bother now imo.

Edited by SUPERTOON

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

Aye. I'm expecting a few legal battles coming our way, don't expect to lose many. 

I think just having this guy in place will avert a lot of legal battles. The PL now know that every detail will be checked, prior to submission, and they'll think twice about any challenges, as that'll mean they'll have to do some work.

It's so clever of them to appoint 3 people familiar to the PL in Ashworth, Eales and Devine. It means the PL can't act like the people running our club don't know what they are doing.

Remember when we used to paper over the cracks?... well now we have destroyed the cracks and poured concrete into the hole.

I think hiring a proper General Counsel in-house is simply the club building the proper corporate structure as to 1) not have to spend insane amount of per-hour legal fees to outside counsel 2) an internal legal resource that will be part of every major decision and looking at risk mitigation at every angle and 3) all major corporations have at least a GC to work without outside counsel ie: this guy will be working far closer with a DeMarco versus the business people on the Board, CEO, Ashworth etc. 

I wouldn’t look at it any other way though. Just smart practices. 

Ah good stuff, good to see. Really excited about these appointments we made to the executive team.

Was good to see Amanda and Mehrdad there again last night too. 

8 minutes ago, LV said:

Ah good stuff, good to see. Really excited about these appointments we made to the executive team.

Was good to see Amanda and Mehrdad there again last night too. 

They were all sitting together in the directors box - pretty sure Steve Nickson was also there but just caught a glimpse as they were surrounded by security. Interesting the bid for Maddison also leaked after apparently going in yesterday too.

At least it is miles away from when it was Lee Charnley, Justin Barnes and Keith Bishop calling the shots!

12 minutes ago, robbo_11 said:

They were all sitting together in the directors box - pretty sure Steve Nickson was also there but just caught a glimpse as they were surrounded by security. Interesting the bid for Maddison also leaked after apparently going in yesterday too.

At least it is miles away from when it was Lee Charnley, Justin Barnes and Keith Bishop calling the shots!

Light years away! Feels so good to be United top to bottom again. 

• 2 weeks later...