Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

Will be interesting to see what his remit will be; I presume commercial, stadium, ticketing, maintenance and i presume Eales will now be the face of the club in terms of communication to fans and will represent us at PL meetings

Going off what someone said before about the board i wonder what the structure is, i presume 

Yasir Al-Rumayyan (Chair)

|

Amanda Staveley, Jamie Reuben, Majed Al Sorour (Board)

|

Darren Eales (CEO)

|

Dan Ashworth (Sporting Director)

Ashworth won't have had any say in Eales appointment as CEO will report to board

I presume we will also hear less of Amanda Staveley & Jamie Reuben now as I presume they will now take a bit more of a back seat on the day to day running of the club

Edited by NUFC

1 minute ago, Cookie1892 said:

sounds impressive this fella

always the plan wasnt it for them to get someone in like this to take over the bulk from Stavely and Merhdad

I'm sure Amanda and Mehrdad said they'll still be involved as there is lots to do and it will allow us to move quicker 

1 hour ago, NUFC said:

Will be interesting to see what his remit will be; I presume commercial, stadium, ticketing, maintenance and i presume Eales will now be the face of the club in terms of communication to fans and will represent us at PL meetings

Going off what someone said before about the board i wonder what the structure is, i presume 

|

|

Darren Eales (CEO)

|

Ashworth won't have had any say in Eales appointment as CEO will report to board

I presume we will also hear less of Amanda Staveley & Jamie Reuben now as I presume they will now take a bit more of a back seat on the day to day running of the club

Nar I think he’s 100% an Ashworth appointment as they worked together at West Brom!

4 minutes ago, Paully said:

Nar I think he’s 100% an Ashworth appointment as they worked together at West Brom!

I’d be amazed if the DoF appointed the CEO.  Ashworth might have vouched for him, but he’ll sit underneath him in the structure. 

1 hour ago, NUFC said:

|

|

Darren Eales (CEO)

|

I reckon that's pretty much spot on. Ashworth will be doing his "centre of the wheel" thing, linking the various aspects of the football operations (first team, reserves/academy, women's team, recruitment/scouting etc) and Eales will be overseeing the financial & commercial side as you say.

All looks very professional and well thought-out. Makes a change from Ashley (the hands-off owner) - Justin Barnes (role undefined) - Charnley (everything else)

I'm sure Ashworths approval will have helped but it won't have been the deciding factor. 

Doesn't really matter, since they seem to have come to a good decision.

The sooner our commercial streams are close to the top 6, the better. 

I’m really glad we didn’t go for someone smarmy like Peter Kenyon, not him but you know what I mean.

This guy speaks well and comes over as a likeable person. He’s obviously very good at his role and will be interesting to see how much we hear from him in terms of his plans, or perhaps we’ll just get press releases as the coming announcements are made.

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

I’m really glad we didn’t go for someone smarmy like Peter Kenyon, not him but you know what I mean.

This guy speaks well and comes over as a likeable person. He’s obviously very good at his role and will be interesting to see how much we hear from him in terms of his plans, or perhaps we’ll just get press releases as the coming announcements are made.

We’ll get an interview but not until late August when he officially joins.

3 minutes ago, Big River said:

has he already done an interview? can’t find anything on NUFC TV because the website is trash.

Think they were just the quotes from the article the club posted. 

He seems to have been around some really impressive moments in football e.g. the creation of a new (in England) football governance model at WBA with an unproven Ashworth, Tottenham finally getting their act together in the early 2010s, and building a high attendance football club from scratch in Atlanta (which is near enough what he's gonna be doing here given the way the club withered under Ashley).

1 hour ago, Paully said:

You’re a pretty good poster man but this is a mare.

The DoF may have the smallest say but this comes from way, way above.

They found their man and wanted him here. And he’s here.

So stoked. 

I'm conflicted, on the one hand it's a role we've never had due to Ashley running us like a ghost ship, the guy is clearly credible with a solid CV but Mackems reckon we should be fuming because we've never heard of him (ignoring the fact most football fans would struggle to name more than a few CEO's)

It was really interesting reading his comments on working with Levy. I can't stand Levy and would be very wary of dealing with him on any player transfers, but you can't deny that he's effective.

From that article, Eales also seems to have been a bit of an all round fixer for him, sorting out difficult or complex contract and transfer negotiations as well.

So there may be a bit of that too, good to get more experience and know-how.

Anyway makes a difference from Charners and his special unplugged transfer phone. What's that you say? A cow says moo? Here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo-moo?

Looks like you win this round Mr Agent MacDonald. Now I'd like to enquire about Mr Duck.