Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting that they've got a TGG conference this year where Dan Ashworth will be one of the speakers. In his podcast from 2020 (https://trainingground.guru/articles/dan-ashworth-inside-the-mind-of-a-technical-director) he spoke about being the middle of the wheel with heads of department. If we use their Brighton model with those job roles the key roles here would be:

Eddie Howe - Men's First Team

Becky Langley - Women's 

Steve Nickson - Head of Recruitment

Steve Harper - Head of Academy

Paul Catterson - Head of Medical Services

Shola Ameobi - Loan's Manager

? - Psychology and Mental Wellbeing

If he is building for medium to long term what kind of changes could we expect for these key roles?

The recruitment team for non-football staff are up to their eyeballs with newly created jobs to fill.

Just emphasises to anyone who doubted it how stripped to the bone the entire club was under Ashley and Charnley’s regime.

NUFC simply wasn’t fit for purpose as a modern sporting organisation. 

21 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Also heard mixed things about Harper, so seems like an obvious area to upgrade

Ashworth be clearing our Ashley’s stooges like…

On 06/05/2023 at 12:45, Geordie Ahmed said:

Also heard mixed things about Harper, so seems like an obvious area to upgrade

He's a decent bloke, but very much stuck in the thought of hiring his friends or those who did him good when he was down and out. 

Steve Harper is class. Whether he's the best for his current job is not something I'm qualified to speak on, but having met him in person and spoke to him I was blown away at how incredibly down to earth he is - and how much he loves the football club. 

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

Steve Harper is class. Whether he's the best for his current job is not something I'm qualified to speak on, but having met him in person and spoke to him I was blown away at how incredibly down to earth he is - and how much he loves the football club. 

Picked him up a few times from the grove in gossy and taken him to ponteland with the bairns.

Really comfortable journey with easy flowing conversation. Not just football but general life. 

I think he's massively inoffensive so not sure why anyone would get bent out of shape about him.

Him and Eddie come as a management duo for me.

Also, he has a raker tan and is definitely selling sniff to the players on the side.

2 hours ago, NE27 said:

I think he's massively inoffensive so not sure why anyone would get bent out of shape about him.

Him and Eddie come as a management duo for me.

Also, he has a raker tan and is definitely selling sniff to the players on the side.

Just the latest shit crack twitter phase. Was about Luton’s ground last week.