Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

2 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

With every move we make, bringing seasoned professionals into the club in key positions, just heightens the scrutiny, knowledge and disgust at how poorly and shambolically we were staffed for 15 years under the fat idiot. Just no shit given about anything at any time, beyond scraping 17th as cheaply as possible.

And how we should have been grateful to the vindictive fat man child, fuck the press and people who said all the shit about us. We're here now baby, and we're staying at the big table.

Edited by Bimpy474

Every time we hire someone to a new executive role, I just add it to my list of jobs Lee Charnley was supposed to be doing.

Now, maybe he was just useless and a lickspittle for Ashley but his role of "Managing Director" is now being done by Staveley, Merdad, Jamie Reuben, Dan Ashworth, Eales and now this guy.

No wonder he never got anything done [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Every time we hire someone to a new executive role, I just add it to my list of jobs Lee Charnley was supposed to be doing.

Now, maybe he was just useless and a lickspittle for Ashley but his role of "Managing Director" is now being done by Staveley, Merdad, Jamie Reuben, Dan Ashworth, Eales and now this guy.

TBF he still found time to have an affair and get locked up for tax fraud, the little scamp.

Personally didn't learn a thing. He's incredibly well media trained (Eales). Which is perfectly acceptable but doesn't give you anything to chew on.

Pleased he was asked about real ales, the newcastle United sign wifi and the loudness of the music though.

We will know more when our first big deal lands.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Personally didn't learn a thing. He's incredibly well media trained (Eales). Which is perfectly acceptable but doesn't give you anything to chew on.

Pleased he was asked about real ales, the newcastle United sign wifi and the loudness of the music though.

Bit worried about the real ales bit.  Its craft beer thats good not real ales like the fusty ferret or Jarrow golden ale or some shit.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Kin hell man.[emoji38]

3 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Kin hell man.[emoji38]

What? 

I'm not critical of him. I'm pleased he is trying but it was hardly a gold mine of information. Perhaps the papers will have got some better stuff.

Edited by STM

7 minutes ago, STM said:

What? 

I'm not critical of him. I'm pleased he is trying but it was hardly a gold mine of information. Perhaps the papers will have got some better stuff.

I wasn't really expecting any revelations, it's just nice to hear the club communicate with us even if it is just repeating stuff. Let's be honest, the stuff being repeated is exciting enough even if we have already heard it.:D

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

Still hasn't got Forest a shirt sponsor

1 hour ago, Slim said:

Bit worried about the real ales bit.  Its craft beer thats good not real ales like the fusty ferret or Jarrow golden ale or some shit.

:lol: Who's actually drinking that? It's on the shelves of every supermarket and gets in those Christmas gift packs but I've never known even the most enthusiastic real ale drinkers mention it.

Thought he came across well - he’s clearly vastly experienced at this sort of thing.  I actually momentarily felt sorry for Penfold during it - an inadequate man pushed into a position far beyond his capabilities; Eales is what a proper CEO sounds like.

Apologies if he’s reading this, but the lad who’d moved to Atlanta didn’t seem to understand that these types of discussions are just about raising a question for the man in the seat to answer :) 

15 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Thought he came across well - he’s clearly vastly experienced at this sort of thing.  I actually momentarily felt sorry for Penfold during it - an inadequate man pushed into a position far beyond his capabilities; Eales is what a proper CEO sounds like.

Apologies if he’s reading this, but the lad who’d moved to Atlanta didn’t seem to understand that these types of discussions are just about raising a question for the man in the seat to answer :) 

The fan from Atlanta sounded drunk. He wouldn’t shut up.