Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

He's essentially installed an Udinese type model and made the most of greater financial clout/resources. He said in an interview he doesn't always look at deals as influencing the present citing Alexis McAllister. 

There's still part of me thinks he's agreed to go elsewhere and there's a punch line coming :lol: 

That said, he's a game changing appointment.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/dan-ashworth-inside-the-mind-of-a-technical-director

Just listened to this and he could not sound more professional and competent, a staggering change of pace from our usual appointments pre-takeover. If he puts this structure he describes here in place at SJP, we're going to be in terrific position now and for the future. It's long but it's well worth a listen.  

47 minutes ago, Memphis said:

https://trainingground.guru/articles/dan-ashworth-inside-the-mind-of-a-technical-director

Just listened to this and he could not sound more professional and competent, a staggering change of pace from our usual appointments pre-takeover. If he puts this structure he describes here in place at SJP, we're going to be in terrific position now and for the future. It's long but it's well worth a listen.  

This is a must listen, thank you very much for sharing. 

4 hours ago, Memphis said:

Great listen. As said, a fucking world away from Lee Charnley “running” the show. 

Was reading about his time at West Brom and a lot of their supporters say the best time they’ve had in recent history was whilst he was there, be interesting to see how he does with a big budget. 

Guest reefatoon
5 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

Are we going to steal all the Dan's from Brighton ??

We are and all anagrams of it.  They are now known as Brighton Hove Albion

Edited by reefatoon

7 hours ago, Consortium of one said:

If it's negotiable, they'll get it done and quickly IMO.  This is a great appointment and they won't dick around.

It will be very negotiable.  At the end of the day, Brighton can choose between a pile of cash coming thier way or paying someone 7 figures to sit at home in their boxers.  

I would hope we would do something similar. Playing hard ball with Palace over Pardew was one of the few Ashley moves I liked, at least until I remembered the club wouldn't be seeing diddily of the 4 million 

1 hour ago, Paully said:

What I am enjoying the most since our takeover is the level of organizational maturity the new owners have instilled in a very short time.

We’ve gone from “jobs for the boys” with ZERO Football acumen to students of the game in Howe and Ashworth. Professional’s with pedigree and most importantly, hunger and a drive towards success with the opportunity at hand.

I know some were clamouring for big names within the sport to join our ranks, but those that have are pro’s on the rise, who are aiming to build upon previous successes with an ownership group intent of funding that objective.

This group (players included) were arguably at their lowest the first third of the current season, so it’s amazing to see the transformation come to fruition the last couple weeks, culminating with our win on Tuesday.

This is a big appointment and we’re lucky he chose to leave a job he was quite happy with. This bloke will make us winners, I am sure of it. 🙂

32 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

What I am enjoying the most since our takeover is the level of organizational maturity the new owners have instilled in a very short time.

We’ve gone from “jobs for the boys” with ZERO Football acumen to students of the game in Howe and Ashworth. Professional’s with pedigree and most importantly, hunger and a drive towards success with the opportunity at hand.

I know some were clamouring for big names within the sport to join our ranks, but those that have are pro’s on the rise, who are aiming to build upon previous successes with an ownership group intent of funding that objective.

This group (players included) were arguably at their lowest the first third of the current season, so it’s amazing to see the transformation come to fruition the last couple weeks, culminating with our win on Tuesday.

This is a big appointment and we’re lucky he chose to leave a job he was quite happy with. This bloke will make us winners, I am sure of it. 🙂

The bigger our salaries and ambition the luckier we will be attracting talent.

56 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

The bigger our salaries and ambition the luckier we will be attracting talent.

Culture matters too, look at Man United, you have a fuckload of highly skilled individual contributors who aren't necessarily the most cohesive unit. Howe is spot on (paraphrasing here) when he mentions adding players that are relative in wage to existing core players. The key for us will be to build iteratively, moving in increments towards player acquisition, office talent and the top of the league. 

Change should always be a constant (look how a lack of it fucked us under Ashley), measured and managed from the front office down to the talent on the pitch adding for sustainable growth as a club and business. 

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Culture matters too, look at Man United, you have a fuckload of highly skilled individual contributors who aren't necessarily the most cohesive unit. Howe is spot on (paraphrasing here) when he mentions adding players that are relative in wage to existing core players. The key for us will be to build iteratively, moving in increments towards player acquisition, office talent and the top of the league. 

Change should always be a constant (look how a lack of it fucked us under Ashley), measured and managed from the front office down to the talent on the pitch adding for sustainable growth as a club and business. 

Totally agree. Remember this in the summer when shouting pay them what they want. Give the clubs what they want.

I'd like to believe the only reason most were clamouring for signing players at exorbitant prices is due to our current relegation predicament.  Alienate our core players with ego driven merc's and we'd be nailed on for the drop. With our additions, there's plenty of talent to avoid relegation while maintaining a positive culture amongst players. 

58 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

I'd like to believe the only reason most were clamouring for signing players at exorbitant prices is due to our current relegation predicament.  Alienate our core players with ego driven merc's and we'd be nailed on for the drop. With our additions, there's plenty of talent to avoid relegation while maintaining a positive culture amongst players. 

Definitely the case with me - wasnt clamouring but wanted as many in as possible, presuming they'd all be upgrades, to stave off our current situation. In the summer definitely wouldn't want that approach and will happily trust their judgement, think it will be more Botmans than Lingards then and I make that the right way to go.

Edited by Wolfcastle

On 08/02/2022 at 12:18, elbee909 said:

I thought Brighton were fine and all understanding about people moving on. Ho hum.

Sure, we were all fine and understanding over the years when players moved on to better placed teams. We didn't say sure, take him for free. If we want Ashworth now then we need to pay to break contract or wait til his notice is served. I have no problem with that or them asking for a fair or slightly unfair amount. It is a big loss for Brighton.