Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

What's wrong with them? Only problematic one I see is Pepe in hindsight. At the time it seemed like a good signing albeit fee was very high.

I would not be happy with any of them at NUFC however as @Manxst says it could be the picks of the DOF that screwed him

1 hour ago, neesy111 said:

I'm sure he's learnt as well from mistakes he did at arsenal.  Wasn't a good time to join them as they were in transition as well both off and on the field.

?

He's the absolute best appointment we could have made really.

Time to instil a bit of pride back in the footballing identity of the club and nice to have a manager you think could at least give those at the top a fucking good game.

2 hours ago, Espio said:

Have the other 19 clubs given us permission to appoint him? 

Don't be daft. He's clearly won far too many trophies for a club of our stature, and a club with our commercial revenue shouldn't be allowed to spend 6m a year on our manager's salary. This will be nipped in the butt pretty sharpish.

8 minutes ago, Conjo said:

What's wrong with them? Only problematic one I see is Pepe in hindsight. At the time it seemed like a good signing albeit fee was very high.

He wanted Zaha instead…

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I've seen it mentioned quite a few times now, do pundits not realise its a good thing he's never taken part in a relegation battle?

It’s like the boxer that can constantly take a punch to the head v the one that uses tactics and skillz to avoid being hit! I know who my money is on! 

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

He wanted Zaha instead…

Zaha would be perfect for us TBH along with James Ward-Prowse and James Tarkowski. Those 3 would make us 100x better and then if they want a Marquee signing go for DVB from ManU 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I've seen it mentioned quite a few times now, do pundits not realise its a good thing he's never taken part in a relegation battle?

It’s very reminiscent of the narrative around Rafa when he stayed on in the Championship and it’s no less unhinged. 

5 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Zaha would be perfect for us TBH along with James Ward-Prowse and James Tarkowski. Those 3 would make us 100x better and then if they want a Marquee signing go for DVB from ManU 

Cracking shout

His record in the transfer market at Arsenal wasn’t anything outstanding but he was caught up in the post-Wenger politicking. I know that Pepe, for example, was someone bought above his head because he initially wanted Zaha and then Perisic.

That said I remember reading something suggesting he wants to be a coach first and foremost. He prefers working with a DOF he trusts so he can get on with stuff.