Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Emery’s track record in Europe is good. I think he wants to prove that he can be good manager in PL.

Emery with Arsenal in 2019

On 23 May 2018, Emery was appointed head coach of Arsenal.[41] He agreed to a two-year deal, with the club having the option to extend his deal for a further year.[42]

In his first competitive game in charge, on 12 August, his side lost to Manchester City 2–0 in the Premier League.[43] After a second consecutive loss to Chelsea on 18 August,[44] Emery recorded his first win as Arsenal manager on 25 August, in a 3–1 home win over West Ham United.[45] After this game, Arsenal won 11 games in a row, their best run of form since 2007.[46] Arsenal then extended their unbeaten run to 22 games, including a 4–2 win over arch-rivals Tottenham Hotspurin Emery's first North London derby.[47] Their 3–2 loss to Southampton in December was the first time they had been defeated in all competitions since August.[48] However Arsenal capitulated towards the end of the season, only receiving 4 points in their last 5 league matches, effectively discarding any chance of qualifying for the Champions League through league position.[49] Emery yet again reached a Europa League final,[50] but was unsuccessful as Arsenal were beaten 4–1 by fellow English side Chelsea.[51] Arsenal finished the season in fifth position, one place higher than the previous season, narrowly missing out on a Champions League spot.[52]

In the 2019 summer transfer window, Emery broke Arsenal's previous club record by signing Ivory Coast winger Nicolas Pépé.[53] He also brought into the defence David Luiz from rivals Chelsea and Scotsman Kieran Tierneyfrom Celtic, as well as midfielder Dani Ceballos on loan from Real Madrid.[54]

On 29 November 2019, following a series of poor results and a winless run of seven games, Emery was sacked by Arsenal.

Edited by FinnMag

"If there’s a good project in England, if someone wants me and is prepared to get behind me, I’m available… 

"In England that identification with your team brings the game alive. It’s deeper there, like a church. 

"I was born in San Sebastián and my team is Real Sociedad. That feeling is in my heart and that’s what you find in England. 

"It’s marvellous, the loveliest thing there is.” 

bring him home

UNAITED :indi:

2 hours ago, Conjo said:

What's wrong with them? Only problematic one I see is Pepe in hindsight. At the time it seemed like a good signing albeit fee was very high.

He wanted Zaha. The board got him Pepe. 

14 minutes ago, FinnMag said:

Emery’s track record in Europe is good. I think he wants to prove that he can be good manager in PL.

Yeah it is, also he didn’t do terrible with Arsenal imo. 21 game unbeaten run, 55% win rate and just one point from a champions league spot. 

I agree I think he has fire in his belly to do a good job in the PL. Hopefully, it will be with us. Got a good feeling about this!

2 hours ago, Foluwashola said:

It's an absolute banger tbf. Doesn't really habe singalong anthem qualities though. Keep it lower down the pre-match order.

Need Sam Fender to bash out something YNWA-ish.

Aye. Big River as the fans are filtering in. Moving through 'Comin home Newcastle then Blaydon Races, Local Hero then the Old Spice theme.

Just now, Happinesstan said:

Aye. Big River as the fans are filtering in. Moving through 'Comin home Newcastle then Blaydon Races, Local Hero then the Old Spice theme.

And then the same shit players try and play football to spoil the day [emoji38]

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Craig hope on talk sport any time now if anyone can listen in ?

He said he's the man Amanda wants, she tried on the Friday they took over but Emery had a few concerns so they interviewed other people, but he was always first choice, Hope has doubts the current players are good enough and the club has sounded out players from the continent who are out of contract in the summer so would be available for a knock down fee in January.

Just now, HTT II said:

I’m quite excited about Emery I won’t lie, now watch him flop big time [emoji38]

If he does I imagine we won't be scared to let go. While some may argue we could start shipping Managers out for nothing in particular which isn't great either the fact is under Ashley we had no choice but to hope they did good or quit as Mike wasn't going to be shelling out to let go of a team and hire a new one. 

He'll not flop. He'll at min do an average job with what he has and get them to play at lead to their level. Right now that's much improvement. Going forward with better players it's enough to see us not fuck around in relegation spots and put cup runs together. For me that's more than enough for the next 3 years or so,however we've got a big job on to survive and that's all that matters this season. 

1 minute ago, Ben said:

He said he's the man Amanda wants, she tried on the Friday they took over but Emery had a few concerns so they interviewed other people, but he was always first choice, Hope has doubts the current players are good enough and the club has sounded out players from the continent who are out of contract in the summer so would be available for a knock down fee in January.

Planning ahead. I can get used to this! 

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

So, Emery comes in. We staying up?

With someone like Emery in charge of our squad I think it's fair to expect 6-9 points from our next 5 games. I'd be a lot more optimistic going into the Leicester game as well.

So much hinges on the next half a dozen games imo. If we close the gap a bit there then I think we'll find a way and end up comfortable. 

Yes, based on nothing but belief in a manager that can, organise and motivate a team to be at least as good as the sum total of its parts and hopefully more. Plus a few new faces in January! 
UNAITED :indi:

59 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yup. 

Heart is saying yes personally. Head says we have to be on ~15 points by January. We have 4 now, where are the 11 coming from? The next 5? Brighton, Brentford, Norwich, Burnley, Leicester? Shouldn't panic I suppose, Emery is a top appointment and should steer us clear.