Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, CherryPie said:

Absolutely devastated. Early morning tomorrow for me and the lad to come up and join the mags to celebrate the start of your new era under our hero. A chance for us to say the goodbye to Eddie that was denied us by the failure of goal line technology, lockdown and relegation. Just can’t believe that we’ll be at SJP and he won’t be. We were so excited for the match. We really know how good this guy is. Feel a bit numb. Guess it’s even worse for you guys: you are just crying out for a few things to fall into place, and the whole city will be out to support Eddie’s new era, but it seems like fate has stuck her middle finger up at you again. Don’t know what to do now. This match has been keeping me going since the prospect of Eddie joining you gained traction. Gutted.

Gutted for you too mate. That’s quite a journey for him to not even be there 

Regardless of where he caught it, the players and coaching staff should have a no contact policy with supporters hanging around outside the training ground. Just asking for trouble.

I’d imagine every person he came across between his hotel and the training ground will have wanted to shake his hand. Like a sitting duck.

Let’s just hope they did enough work this week and that it sticks tomorrow.

Soon enough (and with what’s happened  in the last few months as proof) this club is going to take off. These are just a few of the pot holes in the road on our journey back to greatness.

we will learn that a positive mental attitude for our club is normal and it will be OK to expect great things. The owners will demand it, and are slowly putting the strong foundations in place to realise this. Trauma of the past will slowly be left there in the past where it belongs. Eddie will get his welcome day as will fans.
Now let’s have those fucking 3 points

Howe-ay the Lads  :indi:

46 minutes ago, CherryPie said:

Absolutely devastated. Early morning tomorrow for me and the lad to come up and join the mags to celebrate the start of your new era under our hero. A chance for us to say the goodbye to Eddie that was denied us by the failure of goal line technology, lockdown and relegation. Just can’t believe that we’ll be at SJP and he won’t be. We were so excited for the match. We really know how good this guy is. Feel a bit numb. Guess it’s even worse for you guys: you are just crying out for a few things to fall into place, and the whole city will be out to support Eddie’s new era, but it seems like fate has stuck her middle finger up at you again. Don’t know what to do now. This match has been keeping me going since the prospect of Eddie joining you gained traction. Gutted.

FFS, I’ve now just bought tickets for the Burnley game. We fucking WILL say goodbye.

Thinking I might have a problem?

Had to chuckle reading this from Hope.

"He's had action plan in place for this eventuality since last March."

Of course he did. Of course Eddie planned for this happening. This is our fucking Newcastle United Head Coach ladies and gents. Unbelievable! 

Imagine Bruce would click his heels and chundle off him in glee. "You lads will be fine. Go play."

Just seen this now ...

So the previous lot were always available as they continued to send the club to hell, and the new guys come in, everyone is up for it and then of course this happens.

This is absolutely infuriating and so unbelievable it's untrue. 

10 minutes ago, Robster said:

If it had been truly, 'typical Newcastle', he would have tested positive 9/10 days ago.
At least it's happened today and he's had 2 weeks of training.

I beg to differ like... This is basically us :lol:

Desperate to greet a new manager who gives a fuck, likely wor flags had a display planned, everyone absolutely buzzing for the game.... 'Nahh sorry lads, Howe's got covid'. 

So near yet so far.... Sums us up perfectly. 

Edited by Wilson

18 minutes ago, Robster said:

If it had been truly, 'typical Newcastle', he would have tested positive 9/10 days ago.
At least it's happened today and he's had 2 weeks of training.

?? Truly the old Newcastle, it would have been Wilson and Maxi ?

Edited by PauloGeordio

5 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Looked fine in the presser. Must be right at the start of it. 

Maybe. Possible he is asymptomatic too. We will just have to see and cross fingers half the team don't have it. Being more unrealistically optimistic maybe it is a false negative and he can make it tomorrow when they work that out in the morning!