Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, McCormick said:

:lol: Is losing at home to Cambridge acceptable? If your answer is no then surely those culpable deserve stick. Howe and the team will get heat when we get humiliated like that and will be lauded for wins and good performances.

That’s not bi-polar, that’s football ffs.

This is it.

Guest HTT II
Just now, POOT 2.0 said:

Yeh, it's not Mackem logic at all. That comment is more like cultist behaviour. Criticism is due when criticism is due. Mindlessly praising is just weird, dangerous, and unhelpful.

Constructive criticism is a necessity of life. 

Aye, I rate Howe, like him, am fully behind him and want him to succeed, but he can fuck off with comments like that and performances and results like today. 

Just now, neesy111 said:

Some people have said we look better defensively as a unit, I don't see that tbh.  We were terrible defensively today when Cambridge attacked us.

Totally agree. I honestly thought we'd have enjoyed some new manager bounce. We haven't at all.

Just now, alijmitchell said:

The most damning thing about the Howe era so far is that while aspects of our play have improved, we still look soft as shite and extremely easy to beat. Nothing has really changed in that sense.

There's a lot of factors against him mind , as has been mentioned are this bunch of players fully behind wanting to keep us up? If they do most of them are gonnas, if they don't quite a few will be kept on, food for thought. 

Performances like that dross today have, and always will, lead to a slating from the fans. I like Howe and I'm still right behind him but he and his players deserve a bit of stick for that today. Doesn't mean I want him out or anything close to it but putting him on a pedestal and rejecting justified criticism is utter shit. He and his team were fucking rank today. 

2 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Yeh, it's not Mackem logic at all. That comment is more like cultist behaviour. Criticism is due when criticism is due. Mindlessly praising is just weird, dangerous, and unhelpful.

I totally agree, where's the constructive part of the criticism though? Can't say I've seen any aside from just saying that it's shit/not good enough which I would hope everyone already knows.

Just now, kisearch said:

I totally agree, where's the constructive part of the criticism though? Can't say I've seen any aside from just saying that it's shit/not good enough which I would hope everyone already knows.

I was critical of his decision to sub Murphy, if that helps.

47 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

He keeps losing games . Fact. Losing more than the previous clown. At least the previous clown didn’t lose against lower league opponents. Dare I say it Bruce led squad wins today.

Bruce lost against Championship Brentford last season, but let’s not allow that factual inaccuracy to ruin your rather silly presumption.

Guest neesy111
Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Bruce lost against Championship Brentford last season, but let’s not allow that factual inaccuracy to ruin your rather silly presumption.

Against their reserves as well.

Looking forward to seeing the team play once he gets in players that are capable of following his game plan.

Hope after today they have added another couple of players to the number they were looking at bringing in beforehand.

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Yeah and I agree with that. But we've not played for a while, we had better players out, the cups are unkind to any sides, you're not guaranteed a win because you're a PL side and they're league 1.

And I really think its down to the players, there's many just not good enough, and lacking in conviction and composure. 

Howe isn't going to turn us around overnight, its going to take a while.

New personal is key, without that he stands no chance with the current group and injuries.

We were never going to win the FA Cup, and it's not like we need the money from it, I'm over it already, there's probably more likely a few got a cheap seat today and went to their first game in a while and are upset because they sat in the cold watching that. 

Yeah it wasn't great, and I'd be a bit pissed also, but I think Howe has improved us greatly since Bruce in attacking and with players eg: Joelinton, it's going to take ages, absolutely ages to coach the shit Bruce served up out of these lot, and most of us knew, well before, the players we had weren't good enough.

I'll stand by it, and say I'm blaming the players not Howe, I'm usually in a minority, so I'm not arsed, I'm used to it.

??

51 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

He keeps losing games . Fact. Losing more than the previous clown. At least the previous clown didn’t lose against lower league opponents. Dare I say it Bruce led squad wins today.

We hadn't won a single game under Bruce you goof :lol:

8 minutes ago, GWN said:

There's a lot of factors against him mind , as has been mentioned are this bunch of players fully behind wanting to keep us up? If they do most of them are gonnas, if they don't quite a few will be kept on, food for thought. 

I think the attitude / mentality of players is a huge part of it. How else do you explain the horrendous mistakes being made? I don’t want to go too hard on him because I’m fully aware that we have had years of neglect on the playing side which has got us here, BUT, I don’t think the things he is trying to instil in the team are particularly useful for where we are at. Can you see this squad trying to play expansive, attacking football? No. I don’t even really blame him for trying to do what he believes in, either, it’s just that given our situation I don’t think he was the right man for the job (right now). Happy to be proven wrong as I really like his energy and enthusiasm for the club.

14 minutes ago, midds said:

Performances like that dross today have, and always will, lead to a slating from the fans. I like Howe and I'm still right behind him but he and his players deserve a bit of stick for that today. Doesn't mean I want him out or anything close to it but putting him on a pedestal and rejecting justified criticism is utter shit. He and his team were fucking rank today. 

Spot on.

Hindsight is great and all. But would have chucked Joelinton up top when it was obvious ASM wasn’t going to work there. We had Murphy up front FFS :lol: Big Joe has done well against supposed ‘lesser’ sides in the cup before and having a focal point would have helped. 

Still feel up until the goal we were ok. Clueless and no idea on the shape or gameplan after that. 

Fuck it. Roll on Watford. 

It's OK to suggest he got it wrong today and also accept that he's already made a big difference so far. Still a lot of work to do, with some new players coming in it'll be fairer to judge him than with this rag tag bunch he's having to deal with.

21 minutes ago, alijmitchell said:

The most damning thing about the Howe era so far is that while aspects of our play have improved, we still look soft as shite and extremely easy to beat. Nothing has really changed in that sense.

Its almost as if it’s the squad that’s the problem 

It’s been a mixed bag from him really. Performances against Man Utd, Burnley, Norwich, Brentford…even to some extent Man City first half and Liverpool, have seen very good spells. But today was poor (as was Arsenal, Leicester).

I’m 100% behind him because I think most of todays issues were down to having zero fit strikers at the club, and a few players who are so drastically lacking in confidence. And I would also agree with him to an extent that we didn’t necessarily play horrendously…it was just a serious lack of cutting edge and the same old defenders making the same old mistakes (because they’re shit / lacking confidence). And then it being like a cup final for them, and a hindrance to us.

More than happy to give him my full backing and reassess at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

It’s been a mixed bag from him really. Performances against Man Utd, Burnley, Norwich, Brentford…even to some extent Man City first half and Liverpool, have seen very good spells. But today was poor (as was Arsenal, Leicester).

I’m 100% behind him because I think most of todays issues were down to having zero fit strikers at the club, and a few players who are so drastically lacking in confidence. And I would also agree with him to an extent that we didn’t necessarily play horrendously…it was just a serious lack of cutting edge and the same old defenders making the same old mistakes (because they’re shit / lacking confidence). And then it being like a cup final for them, and a hindrance to us.

More than happy to give him my full backing and reassess at the end of the season.

A few players low on confidence learning through press/social media they're desperate to replace them can't help. You'd think that would give you more fight to prove you've got an immediate future at the club but our lot seem to down tools as soon as the going gets tough. So it's hardly surprising seeing some of the gutless performances today from the likes of Longstaff. Not good enough, no interest in trying to be good enough.