Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Thanks for that WillDanceForChocolate.

While Bruno G is looking as amazing as all the European football nerds and stats people said he would be, I hope we still get to see Howe find more hidden gems like Targett and Burn. It would be a waste to have Howe as manager and just throw money at the same big names being mentioned for Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham etc. If we have a manager with an eye for players putting 12 hour days into the job, we have to make use of that. I would not swap Targett for Digne even if the latter is 0.1s faster going up the wing or averages 0.1 assists more.

I wouldnt have expected this performance from any other manager that was linked. Or any other manager that wasnt, tbh. Absolutely unreal from the guy. He said himself today about the team's desire to win games being incredible atm - That's all down to him. When he said it it was kind of like he was saying all I need to do atm is set the team up to go and win and they go and do it. Almost hands off now he's been able to instil his methods. It's an incredible achievement. He's not even really been given all that much extra. Absolute fucking madness. 

43 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Brilliant read. Thank you for taking the time out. 

Think it's a bit tight merging it with the Howe thread as it's a great standalone read. Probably one of the better things posted on here in years.

Aye, that's an immense effort @WillDanceForChocolate. Top top posting :clap:

Read some of it but absolutely shattered so going to read the rest tomorrow. Thank you for posting it @WillDanceForChocolate, I have had a look on an AFCB forum a couple of times and was surprised to see a lot not wanting us to do well. I suppose it’s a case of not wanting your ex to get with someone and be happier than they were with you though. I’ve felt the same about players leaving NUFC. 

Either way, if Howe had kept us up with a dodgy goal getting us a win at Turf Moor in May to put us on 25 points I’d be forever grateful. So what we’ve had from him is beyond anything we could have hoped for/expected. The future is bright with him. 

7 hours ago, TotalWar said:

If we beat, or perhaps draw with Liverpool, could Eddie win manager of the month for April? Who would have thought that after we got thrashed by Spurs at the beginning of April.

That Spurs game felt weird, that first half they honestly felt like prime 2010 Barcelona. It just felt odd, they absolutely dominated us and I've not seen that before or since.

Europe next season is an exciting thought but I don’t think we should get ahead of ourselves yet, we’ve had an amazing run since the end of Jan but next season could be an entirely different prospect. I hope Howe hasn’t sort of painted himself into a corner and raised some fans expectations to much already as this is just the beginning and there will be bumps in the road, we have a whole summer window to get through and the squad will be reshaped again so Id be more than happy with a top half finish next season. What a job he’s done this season though, the pressure and management can be very different at the other end of the table but I hope he’s the man for us to try and crack the top 6 a couple of seasons down the line.

Edited by Nine

Top 6 is quite some way away in my opinion .

You will get some mincers predicting it for next season but not the average Joe.

We need another couple of solid seasons like say a Wolves.This to me is a 10 year project that may or may not come off . The ride will be tremendous, the desire is back in me .

Class read that and thanks for sharing. Interesting to see and close he and Jason were at the beginning. Ignore the cretin with the stupid comment.

Eddie is our crown jewel now and we will cherish him very much. 

3 minutes ago, GWN said:

Top 6 is quite some way away in my opinion .

You will get some mincers predicting it for next season but not the average Joe.

We need another couple of solid seasons like say a Wolves.This to me is a 10 year project that may or may not come off . The ride will be tremendous, the desire is back in me .

I think we’ll give it a go. Do you think someone like Bruno has signed for us to compete for top 8-10 for the next couple of seasons for instance?

It will take 10 years to become a team like Man City or Liverpool because we need to build and then see the rewards of better infrastructure, but we could 100% be competing up there within a couple of years if we buy right. Top 6 next season should be a target.

Klopp and Pep are a different level, but every other manager and team below them are prone to drop a lot of points throughout the season.

I mean Arsenal and Tottenham are battling for the Champions League despite being described as shite at various stages of the season. Chelsea too.

I mean i am not saying he hasn't done brilliantly he absolutely has and i really hope he is here a long time, i hope owners are patient with him in tough periods as so much benefit to patience. However i think talk of him being manager a la Ferguson may be a tad premature lol

2 hours ago, Tiresias said:

I mean i am not saying he hasn't done brilliantly he absolutely has and i really hope he is here a long time, i hope owners are patient with him in tough periods as so much benefit to patience. However i think talk of him being manager a la Ferguson may be a tad premature lol

Of course it is, but it's just like saying Bruno could be the best footballer in the world. It's absolutely possible should all the stars align, however its the fact we dare be able to say it and dream, instead of being stuck with Steve Bruce or Jeff Hendricks knowing you'll be lucky to survive the season.

I'm all for the hope.