Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Does he get additional credit for the way he's eased Bruno into the team?

Of course he doesn't. Bruno should have started against Everton and played 90 minutes in every game since. 

Colossal job he's done.

Completely transformed the way we play in a matter of months. We're playing football that is both entertaining and effective and the organisation and cohesion in defense is remarkable.

The players that we've added have all been bedded in excellently and are (with the exception of Wood, I suppose) performing really well, while the transformation of some of the existing squad members has been staggering.

On top of that he's an articulate man who seems to be forward thinking and looks like he's still developing as a manager.

I really do hope he can grow with the club and be the manager here for years to come.

The guy is also showing how badly the majority of our players have been managed.

He's adding millions back onto the value of so many of our players right now, and a lot of them are actually looking like they could be valuable squad players if they do remain at the club.

Under Bruce it looked like we only had two players in Wilson and ASM that could be of any use going forward. Absolutely ludicrous how important a good manager is. It's a real luxury having a manager that can continuously maximise the qualities of the player's he has at his disposal going forward.

"Newcastle away" is a decent Twitter search. You've got Arsenal and Liverpool fans concerned, and Spurs and Man City fans pointing to that fixture as banana skins for their respective rivals.

I've been lurking on a few forums since full time and Eddie finally seems to be getting the credit he obviously deserves.

4 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Which fuckers said that Eddie couldn’t organise a defence. What a bloke one of the biggest salvage jobs in PL history.

Probably the same doylem that made that absurd comment about going from Bruce to Howe is like going from a 40inch TV to a 42inch TV 

3 hours ago, Mountain said:

Has to be 6 additions in my opinon, what's currently happening is unsustainable. He's literally working a miracle.

Whatever the number will be, I'm confident that players will be bought to fit into the team and not like PSG, Man U, Everton and Newcastle under Ashley where they just buy individuals without thinking about the needs of the team.

4 hours ago, joeyt said:

Does he get additional credit for the way he's eased Bruno into the team?

Everton was a BIG call. Balls the size of grapefruit.

The dignity he's adding to the club is immense.

I was happy enough with his appointment, although he wasn't my first choice. Whatever he achieved at Bournemouth, things didn't end well and so that left a bit of doubt in my mind.

But now, we really could not have picked a better man for the job, short term and long term.

Was thinking after the match last night could any manager have come in and done a better job? Absolutely incredible turnaround 9 wins out of 13.

That video man, What a bunch of cretins (Clinton Morrison wasnt too bad). Kris Boyd who played for Kilmarnock ffs having a go saying we haven't a clue. Lee Hendrie :lol: Soccer Saturday really has got some Z list pundits there

3 minutes ago, Klaus said:

They were all desperate for us to still be shite post Bruce :lol:

Pretty much. Because we were all so evil for having a go at him, supposedly. Ridiculous stuff.

They will be licking our arse soon enough... once it suits them to be on the right side of history.

It's like during a match when the co-comms guy always says  "that goal was coming" or "you can't say they haven't deserved that", aye funny how you never say that before the goal.

These guys are tap in merchants. They go with the tide and basically try and guess what is going to happen. They thought hiring Howe would backfire, they thought the owners weren't "football people" and wouldn't know how to run a football club. They were wrong and once people have forgotten what was said, they will be licking our rim, pretending that they knew this would happen all along.

Edited by STM

12 hours ago, gbandit said:

Can’t stand that sort of filth, losers like Sammy Lee and Steve McClaren with initials over all their gear. So smalltime 

When I was about 7 I got the whole get up from Stan Seymour's shop for Christmas. Full strip and tracksuit, with my initials on. I hated it.