Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 hours ago, KingArthur said:

The problem is, fans of these teams that have been successful don't understand this. Barca or Liverpoo or City don't need to time waste like we did yesterday. They don't understand it is a way for smaller teams to kill the tempo and influence the game. 

I've seen Liverpool do it before once they are up in a game, it's just called clever game management when they do it

Obviously it's a rare thing for them as they usually outmatch most teams they face

We've seen this arrogance from Klopp a lot over the last few years, the way he was upset that Spurs dared to take points off them last season

I don't blame teams when they waste time against us, it's the responsibility of the referee to book players if he feels that is happening, not one of our players was booked for it

I really hope their season collapses

12 hours ago, ohmelads said:

Thanks for pointing that out, but that's even worse! If the cameras can't show any discernible offside, what is he doing putting his flag up? Goes against all his training and instructions as a linesman. Then some guy in a studio eyeballs a grainy image and manually puts two lines where he reckons they need to fall to say offside despite the guidance being that when you're guessing, you give the benefit of doubt to the attacker. Both are really dodgy decisions by the linesman and VAR and need to be called out. For Liverpool fans to moan about timewasting is delusional in the extreme. A deflection tactic perhaps? Their fans and pro-Liverpool media will obviously try to focus on the clock because it draws attention away from the obvious talking point.

I wonder...

The Lino putting his flag up. He shouldn't do that, like you say, and I believe the reason is specifically to allow the defence to carry on unaffected. By raising is flag he allows the argument to be brought. Even if the offside decision was not given, it would be controversial. The Scousers in the studio would be analysing every frame for a shot of VVD glancing at the lino.

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Just a shame the bottle wasn't glass and didn't hit one of their cunts tbh.

Fucking acid more like…

It's the way I want it TBF, I couldn't give two fucks about the rest of the league, if we win every game 3-0 for the rest of the season I'll be pissed off it wasn't 4 or 5. 

Not one club stood with us during the Ashley years and very few if any media did. Fuck them.

Premiums are paid for English players from English clubs as clubs are competing with each other and have the resources to over spend on players. When the sense of competition increases, for whatever reason, the premium increases / willingness to do business decreases. There have been no transfers between Liverpool and City since Sterling in 2015. They are unwilling to do business with each other, clearly. 

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

It's the way I want it TBF, I couldn't give two fucks about the rest of the league, if we win every game 3-0 for the rest of the season I'll be pissed off it wasn't 4 or 5. 

Not one club stood with us during the Ashley years and very few if any media did. Fuck them.

100% this, same with other team’s fans. Not so fun anymore without little old Newcastle, plucky loveable losers with off field drama, non existing competitevness and sportsdirectarena@stjames or whatever that abomination was called. 

Embrace the hate, it means we’ve  rattled them. 

If it wasn't clear everyone is against us before, it certainly is after Wednesday night. Even NUFC friendly journalists like Henry Winter was having a go, but that's ok. It shows we are coming up in their rearview mirror and they are rattled. Howe's not the type to talk big talk, but he knows how to shithouse with the best of them. He'll just get Tindall to do the in your face stuff.