Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Said it multiple times before, but thank fuck we've got him, man. Wonderful performance, he totally fucked Pep's inverted full backs. Sadly, City have just way too much this season. Holding out at 3-1 was always going to be difficult, but he did the best he could with the squad he's currently got. Desperate for him to win a trophy with us now.

4 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

I'm not saying we need to sit back deep in our own box.  I've actually said that explicitly.  Don't just assume that's what I mean.  Have already outlined my thoughts on that.  But don't go making up what I think [emoji38]

What should he have done then?

1 hour ago, David Edgar said:

Being pragmatic doesn't have to mean that.

I think we're a little too high on the risk versus reward.  Like, maybe it makes us both more likely to get a result but also get battered.  I'm just a bit more Rafa in that regard.

Take it you didn't see the game against Brighton last week then? 

God, this is churlish.

I think we slightly over commit our press for too long and that leaves us tired later in games.  DM position needs to be a bit more defense focused to track runs past our defence.  But I'm some layman posting his opinions from very little.  

Loads I love though.  433.  Holding mid.  Pressing midfielder.  Joe and ASM double team on Walker.  

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Take it you didn't see the game against Brighton last week then? 

I'm talking about when we play elite teams.

Nothing wrong with the approach against other sides.  I love jt.

Edited by David Edgar

Just now, BoSelecta said:

How you can watch that and come on here looking for the negatives is beyond me.

‘We played fantastic today but if a couple of the players had been shite we would have lost’.

I think that's 100% the reality of today?  They got a higher XG.  Our chances came from ASM playing a blinder.  Pope made 4 or 5 saves that wouldn't have happened last season.

1 minute ago, Holloway said:

the subs bewildered me a bit, if you're excited by Anderson he has to come on ahead of Murphy

Murphy has experience and that trumps Anderson, even if Anderson is better or at least, has more potential.  Howe wants someone to do a specific job and trusts the experienced guy more.  No slight on the kid.

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

Murphy has experience and that trumps Anderson, even if Anderson is better or at least, has more potential.  Howe wants someone to do a specific job and trusts the experienced guy more.  No slight on the kid.

you know what you're getting with Murphy

4 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

I think that's 100% the reality of today?  They got a higher XG.  Our chances came from ASM playing a blinder.  Pope made 4 or 5 saves that wouldn't have happened last season.

If Bernardo and KdB had been shite they'd have lost.

I don't think them having a higher xG dictates that we should be more pragmatic. We went toe to toe with them and got a deserved point

9 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

They happened last week tbf.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

If Bernardo and KdB had been shite they'd have lost.

Maybe.  But then if you're thinking about your team set up, you don't make such assumptions.

And to be clearer about how the game panned out, we went toe to toe in the first half and were pushed back and pretty much dominated in the second.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He's trying to have a dig at Dubravka. He'll be telling us Darlow is better than him again soon

They're pretty even.  Pope on another level.  The later is pretty clear now.

Fair play to Howe and the team taking the opportunity to steal Pope for peanuts.

Edited by David Edgar

We were deservedly 2 goals clear, I'm struggling to see how anyone can believe we should have went about the game a different way. Pope made saves but then we should have had a penalty, and we missed a few chances of our own on top of that.

We dealt with holding the lead poorly but City have a tendency of doing that to teams when they need goals.

We played well because were now a good side, thanks to our superb manager. We just run the champions who are ten years ahead of us in development so so close.  You can see us unfurling as a force, a well run football club who will be near and at the top for years to come (hopefully).

I get seeing some issues, but it's churlish to find faults today, not after what we just watched. 8 months ago we had a fucknugget getting 11 men behind the ball hoping to nick something from games against teams like Villa.

Fuck being negative and nitpicking, tonight is for having a big feckin smile on, on what we now are in such a short space of time. I love watching us, i can't wait for the next game, just can't wait, I'm like a big kid again.

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

They're pretty even.  Pope on another level.  The later is pretty clear now.

Fair play to Howe and the team taking the opportunity to steal Pope for peanuts.

If you think Dubs and Darlow are pretty even, you're utterly mental.

We are miles off City in terms of individual talent but we were the better team for a lot of that match and made them really uncomfortable. 

Of course you need your best players to have a good game to get a result against a side like that. We battered Arsenal fighting for a top 4 spot with the same kind of approach. We shouldn't be scared of 'the elite' and change our style. With that crowd behind us at home and the pressing and aggresion we make it extremely difficult for anyone.