Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

It's the way I want it TBF, I couldn't give two fucks about the rest of the league, if we win every game 3-0 for the rest of the season I'll be pissed off it wasn't 4 or 5. 

Not one club stood with us during the Ashley years and very few if any media did. Fuck them.

Premiums are paid for English players from English clubs as clubs are competing with each other and have the resources to over spend on players. When the sense of competition increases, for whatever reason, the premium increases / willingness to do business decreases. There have been no transfers between Liverpool and City since Sterling in 2015. They are unwilling to do business with each other, clearly. 

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

It's the way I want it TBF, I couldn't give two fucks about the rest of the league, if we win every game 3-0 for the rest of the season I'll be pissed off it wasn't 4 or 5. 

Not one club stood with us during the Ashley years and very few if any media did. Fuck them.

100% this, same with other team’s fans. Not so fun anymore without little old Newcastle, plucky loveable losers with off field drama, non existing competitevness and sportsdirectarena@stjames or whatever that abomination was called. 

Embrace the hate, it means we’ve  rattled them. 

If it wasn't clear everyone is against us before, it certainly is after Wednesday night. Even NUFC friendly journalists like Henry Winter was having a go, but that's ok. It shows we are coming up in their rearview mirror and they are rattled. Howe's not the type to talk big talk, but he knows how to shithouse with the best of them. He'll just get Tindall to do the in your face stuff.

Fighting talk from Eddie, I like it. Never seen him so strong in his words.

Saying the game should have ended earlier, kept referring to Isak's "second goal" as if he thinks it should have stood, other teams "not wanting to be seen to be helping us" transfer wise etc.

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Honestly I'd rather he didn't come out with this stuff. I'm not sure it's productive in the long run to be whining - even if it's true.

I think he's earnt a bit leeway wouldn't you say

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Honestly I'd rather he didn't come out with this stuff. I'm not sure it's productive in the long run to be whining - even if it's true.

I like it - it builds a siege mentality.  Like it or not - most people dont want NUFC to succeed.   Fuck them all.  what goes around, comes around!

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

He wasn't really whining to be fair. Regarding the Liverpool goal he said he'd rather focus on how we managed the game.

Regarding other clubs, he was asked "is it fair to say..." and he just more or less confirmed that it was.

PL clubs rarely deal with each other especially the top 6. They see us as a threat, its why they didn't want the takeover to happen (like fuck was it on moral grounds), wanted us to go down last season and why they didn't want to negotiate with us. We have to look abroad for our players like most top clubs do which has gotten us Bruno, Isak and Botman.

I do believe they thought Pulisic/Gallagher was possible (especially since Zakaria) but this suggests Chelsea didn't want to strengthen a competitor. 

I acutally think it was the Bruno transfer that made people take notice, that Sky Sports lady on Twitter said as much, both Liverpool and Man City were shocked by it. 

Isak is another one who most would think would be above our station so confirms to them that we're building something serious and will be a force to reckon within 2 years. 

Imagine in 4 more transfer windows time, assuming each window will have 2-3 first team replacements:

Imagine Isak/Bruno/Botman level quality in the below positions

Schar would have been replaced

Tripper would now be back up

Targett would have been replaced

Almiron replaced

Willock replaced

ASM possibly replaced

Joelinton possible replaced

Pope possibly replaced