Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

I don’t want Howe turning into a moaning twat like the likes of Klopp and Pep, it’s not his style anyway, don’t get angry, get even!

Pep? Not sure why you are lumping him in with a bellend like Klopp

I find Pep to be class, as an example look at his comments when we drew 3-3 and also even when we beat them 2-1 under Rafa whilst we played "defensive" football 

Pep was very complimentary towards us and I notice he is often like that even when results don't go his way 

9 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I find Pep to be class, as an example look at his comments when we drew 3-3 and also even when we beat them 2-1 under Rafa whilst we played "defensive" football 

Pep was very complimentary towards us and I notice he is often like that even when results don't go his way 

My overriding perception of Pep is that he's a gent. But I do think I've seen him crack when the temperature heats up. Klopp is permanently pathetic.

59 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

My overriding perception of Pep is that he's a gent. But I do think I've seen him crack when the temperature heats up. Klopp is permanently pathetic.

I mean he's not perfect and I've seen interviews where he gets very short with the interviewer (the "more than you believe" stands out) but don't generally see him complain about decisions or about the approach the opposition takes, he knows it's his teams responsibility to break them down 

2 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Howay man, he has a moan every week, just because he’s been complementary of us (as has Klopp) in the past means nowt. They constantly piss and moan!

My personal favourite is when anyone and everyone is a "championship player", Longstaff gets it alot. Alot of these players are doing awfully well for championship players, since they are sitting mid table in the PL.

Someone said the same about McTominay, who just helped Man Utd win 3-1 against Arsenal.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying anyone is above criticism, it's just the way some go straight to the red button.

Murphy is a 100% a Championship player, at best.

Longstaff is not good enough, unfortunately, for the level where we want to be. He wouldn't be in the team if it wasn't for the injuries to Bruno and Shelvey.

Not their fault and shouldn't be abused.

9 minutes ago, STM said:

My personal favourite is when anyone and everyone is a "championship player", Longstaff gets it alot. Alot of these players are doing awfully well for championship players, since they are sitting mid table in the PL.

Someone said the same about McTominay, who just helped Man Utd win 3-1 against Arsenal.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying anyone is above criticism, it's just the way some go straight to the red button.

Everything is black and white nowadays. If you're not world class your shit. People seem to only talk in extremes so to magnify a point. 

18 minutes ago, Heron said:

Everything is black and white nowadays. If you're not world class your shit. People seem to only talk in extremes so to magnify a point. 

but its gone even beyond calling them shit.

23 minutes ago, STM said:

Completely agree, as you say, no one should be above criticism. When the criticism turns in to personal abuse, it’s a problem. I agree Murphy is a championship player and not good enough, and we should look to upgrade him whenever we get the chance too.

personal abuse is counter productive all it will achieve is too demoralise the player and his team mates because all of a sudden they think, after a few bad performances they’ll be in line for the same treatment. Not to mention the likes of Murphy is a fan and loves the club, so let’s look after him.

No one should be getting dog’s abuse in the stands. On here, people should be allowed to say what they want in terms of actual criticism of player’s ability, no point calling any of our players a cunt though. Actual insults should be reserved for awful people like Ashley, Keys or Lee Mason. Every player is going out there to try their best, just so happens that Murphy isn’t good enough and on top of that he’s in poor form for him and low on confidence 

Another thing, imagine we sell a supposedly shit player to a team, that just so happens to have an incredible talent we want to sign next window coming through. Those players will be talking too each other about the club and part of what they’ll want to know about is the fans and how they treat players there.

Sometimes feels like, I don't know, a Jordan Pederson fan forum with the bizarre sense of grievance that a loud minority have on here. Almost as if they need the antithesis of the Ashley era to their thesis.

And I am not talking about impulsive or drunken reactions like Butcher's, which most of us our guilty of.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

I'm fine with Longstaff on the Bench longer term but actually have more time for him at the moment then Willock.

Longstaff clearly has an eye for that clever pass. Liverpool away and the similar ball for Wilson last season. He's playing as the deepest most central of our three and taking on a huge amount of responsibility tbh, he never hides and gives his all.

I think he's better suited in one of the other two roles. I'd start him or Anderson over Willock, who I think is a little slow, mentally at times and also pulls out of some tackles.

Murphy is super limited, if he had no pace, he'd be playing League 2 I'd imagine.