Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

Yeah, I like Howe's calm professional approach, but I don't think our players are always active enough in calling for decisions, like the Stones taking out Schar in the penalty area, if our players had called more strongly for a penalty I think it might have been given. As it was they just got on with the game and made it easier for VAR to not ask the ref to give it another look.

Totally agree here like. Said at the time. Hound the ref so VAR has to intervene

I love the fact he’s building us up from the back. Our back 5 is almost completely renewed and we look very solid defensively. Really excited to see what kind of midfielder he envisions in that Shelvey/Longstaff role - a classic DM, a box-to-box or a deep lying playmaker. 

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Totally agree here like. Said at the time. Hound the ref so VAR has to intervene

I love that Trippier sends all other players away so he can talk to the ref', it's great leadership, one of the best captains I've seen for us I reckon. Howe also rises above the shit decisions too. It's professional and respectable and admirable.

However...

I don't know if you have to be a bit of a bastard nowadays to put pressure on those officiating like. Like will we hit a limit because we aren't applying enough pressure to get the decisions. Hard one. I think morally I'd prefer the former but realistically won't complain if we're the latter :lol:

12 hours ago, The Butcher said:

We failed to buy a RW/CM. Europe is gone. Almiron is probably the worst starting RW in the league.  It will cost us. 

We could start Murphy.

Seriously though. Once Bruno and Wilson are fit the term RW will be meaningless. We will play with a front 3 of attacking players with a wide variety of technical ability. It''l be like playing with Shearer, Ferdinand and Beardsley. This will allow Almiron to take up the 3rd CM slot and take over Willock's duties.

Right now, if we drop Willock for Almiron, it means bringing Murphy in. 

4 hours ago, HTT II said:

I do like what Howe is doing mind, he’s known as an attacking manager whose team’s ship loads of goals in, he clearly recognised this as a weakness of his and I’m in no doubt when he went to watch A.Madrid under Simeone he came away with a different perspective and he has set us up to be solid defensively to give us that rock solid base to then go and attack, it’s just we lack the right attacking players or we can’t field them due to injury, when we click, we will batter someone soon.

Done an incredible job. We used to play with our backs to the wall, when the wall didn't go past the knee, and we'd inevitably fall over. He's built a wall that would give China a game.

3 hours ago, Caleb70 said:

I agree with Shearer on motd mind, Howe took that ridiculous decision "too well". He should have made a bit more of a fuss about it. The more commotion managers make: the more chance of things changing (or that's the theory anyway!). Two terrible decisions yesterday! This shit is ruining the game!

Still think he's doing a good job like and I'm optimistic about what lies ahead!

Oh yeah. Can't deny changes have been made.

3 hours ago, Caleb70 said:

Managers aren't robots though, I think every manager would have the right to moan about what happened yesterday. I agree if they did it all the time it would be an issue and isn't the way to go. However, yesterday was just bloody ridiculous!

he did moan about it. he just didn't need to act like a puppet on springs to get his points across.

3 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

Yeah, I like Howe's calm professional approach, but I don't think our players are always active enough in calling for decisions, like the Stones taking out Schar in the penalty area, if our players had called more strongly for a penalty I think it might have been given. As it was they just got on with the game and made it easier for VAR to not ask the ref to give it another look.

Good point. You often hear the commentators say that the reaction of the players tells you all you need to know.

Edited by Happinesstan

9 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Shouting out of the telly on MOTD sn't going to change that. I'm certain communications will be made in private.

Dunno like, Fergie basically invented the ploy and it worked a treat. 

Might be my own search history bias but I search for "VAR'' in Google News, I'm getting far more on Moyes and Marsch, than I am Eddie Howe and Newcastle United, even though only 1 of those teams have been habitually screwed by VAR. 

What about you?

Edited by Thumbheed

Just now, Thumbheed said:

Dunno like, Fergie basically invented the ploy and it worked a treat. 

Might be my own search history bias but I search for "VAR'' in Google News, I'm getting far more on Moyes and Marsch, than I am Eddie Howe and Newcastle United, even though only 1 of those teams have been habitually screwed by VAR. 

What about you?

I've never searched VAR

I don’t want Howe turning into a moaning twat like the likes of Klopp and Pep, it’s not his style anyway, don’t get angry, get even!

Edited by HTT II

16 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't think how strongly Howe comments would make the slightest bit of difference. They only give a fuck when one of their beloved top six has been wronged.

Exactly. It's just bollocks for the TV viewer to get excited about. And another clip to be used over and over for the next 30 years to fit their warped narrative.