Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Ref not intervening this week and we’d be around 4th/5th or 8/9th if it’s 2 wins or 1 win and 1 draw. Frustrating but hopefully and I believe we will - turn these draws into wins sooner than later. Need Maxi and Bruno back and we’ll be purring. 

Edited by Kanji

Anyone that is having a go at Eddie Howe or even remotely criticising him is an absolute doylem, it's as if they didn't watch what's taken place the last 9 months and they don't watch any of the games

This has been a frustrating week, I've felt angry and frustrated but that's been with the officials and the behaviour of Liverpool, not with Howe 

It's the opposite with Howe, I'm incredibly proud of the job he's done and clearly how far we have come under him as manager. We've been very competitive and played a lot of good stuff 

8 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

Still think Unai Emery will eventually end up here.

Fucking hope not don't want out club to become that,just think it's fans like talking rubbish all because we are the richest club.Can have all the money in the world n a home isn't home untill u make it and Eddie has made us and he's home untied!

P.s remember Sir Bobby's sacking? 

Edited by astraguy

He’s doing a superb job and we’ve improved so much on the ball just this season alone from last season, and I can’t remember when we were this strong defensively. Again, we are probably one of or if not the hardest working team off the ball in the PL.

Edited by HTT II

4 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Anyone that is having a go at Eddie Howe or even remotely criticising him is an absolute doylem, it's as if they didn't watch what's taken place the last 9 months and they don't watch any of the games

This has been a frustrating week, I've felt angry and frustrated but that's been with the officials and the behaviour of Liverpool, not with Howe 

It's the opposite with Howe, I'm incredibly proud of the job he's done and clearly how far we have come under him as manager. We've been very competitive and played a lot of good stuff 

100%

We’ve been very impressive with a squad that clearly needs more work. We should have at least 3 more points (a conservative number) but for the consistent use of VAR working against us. 

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

I see I posted some absolute bollocks last night.[emoji38]

Note to self - don't drink and post 

We are all guilty of it man :thup:

I do like what Howe is doing mind, he’s known as an attacking manager whose team’s ship loads of goals in, he clearly recognised this as a weakness of his and I’m in no doubt when he went to watch A.Madrid under Simeone he came away with a different perspective and he has set us up to be solid defensively to give us that rock solid base to then go and attack, it’s just we lack the right attacking players or we can’t field them due to injury, when we click, we will batter someone soon.

Edited by HTT II

I agree with Shearer on motd mind, Howe took that ridiculous decision "too well". He should have made a bit more of a fuss about it. The more commotion managers make: the more chance of things changing (or that's the theory anyway!). Two terrible decisions yesterday! This shit is ruining the game!

Still think he's doing a good job like and I'm optimistic about what lies ahead!

2 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

I agree with Shearer on motd mind, Howe took that ridiculous decision "too well". He should have made a bit more of a fuss about it. The more commotion managers make: the more chance of things changing (or that's the theory anyway!). Two terrible decisions yesterday! This shit is ruining the game!

Still think he's doing a good job like and I'm optimistic about what lies ahead!

Disagree, let the pundits point out how shit the decisions are — if you're pissing and moaning all the time as a manager it's not a good look.

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

Disagree, let the pundits point out how shit the decisions are — if you're pissing and moaning all the time as a manager it's not a good look.

Managers aren't robots though, I think every manager would have the right to moan about what happened yesterday. I agree if they did it all the time it would be an issue and isn't the way to go. However, yesterday was just bloody ridiculous!

Howes just being a professional. I'm sure he espouses respect, professionalism with the players and won't let that mask drop in public.

The change in our play under him has been massive. Defensively solid, comfortable on the ball and hard pressing. Compared to bruceball we are a different club. 

Yeah, I like Howe's calm professional approach, but I don't think our players are always active enough in calling for decisions, like the Stones taking out Schar in the penalty area, if our players had called more strongly for a penalty I think it might have been given. As it was they just got on with the game and made it easier for VAR to not ask the ref to give it another look.

55 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Yeah, I like Howe's calm professional approach, but I don't think our players are always active enough in calling for decisions, like the Stones taking out Schar in the penalty area, if our players had called more strongly for a penalty I think it might have been given. As it was they just got on with the game and made it easier for VAR to not ask the ref to give it another look.

I might be imagining it. But I’m sure when Lascelles is on. He is a bit more vocal and gets into the ref a bit more and the team follow suit. 

Trippier is a proper skipper. But he is almost like a Rugby captain at times. Always makes a massive point of pushing everyone away and having a quiet, respectful word with the ref on his own. 

I mean, that’s how it should be. But if all the other teams are being cunts and pressuring the officials. Then we should and all :lol: 

When it’s called for, at least. 

Tend to agree that Howe's been a bit of a soft touch with decisions that have gone against us.

Certainly don't want a manager who's gonna bemoan every single decision that hasn't gone our way, but when the quality of the officiating has ended up costing us on such a demonstrably consistent basis, then he should absolutely be using his profile and reach to apply some pressure on the right people in order to agitate a change.

Being dignified about it and taking it in your stride just makes you easier to ignore. 

Edited by Thumbheed

Moyes had a PFM style strop about his VAR call, very aggressively showed his dissent. Howe is too measured and calm for that, no point in being overly passionate etc as it may show weakness in leadership to your team. Whereas I think he is highly respected by his group because he's a proper calm leader and spokesman and gets on with it, with integrity. Makes you respect him more and put in extra effort for the man

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Apparently, our shots per game and shots on target per game this season have been the highest since Bobby. This hasn't translated into goals but still a good fundamental considering how defensively sound we generally are.

That's a great stat, and watching the performances, it's reflective and makes sense. I don't remember a time since SBR's time actually where I'd expect to dominate the game and know we're better than the opposition. This season has definitely felt like that, even if the results aren't there yet. 

The 5th season was a great bunch of players cobbled together without a game plan, so it was a nice bonus we finished 5th rather than expectation. 

3 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Apparently, our shots per game and shots on target per game this season have been the highest since Bobby. This hasn't translated into goals but still a good fundamental considering how defensively sound we generally are.

Get ASM and/or Bruno back, get Isak up to speed and we're laughing.