Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

18 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I think the point is that most fans, at least in this board, accept that we're a bit light in midfield, no one has really disagreed on that point.

It's more the repetitive revelling in the "missed opportunity" that was the January transfer market.

Can’t comment on others but I don’t think it was a missed opportunity, I think it was a needless gamble. Anyway, cases made.

Just now, gbandit said:

I don’t really mind people questioning tactics, our transfer window, our substitutions etc. it’s all for game on a football forum. What I can’t be fucked with is knee-jerking reactions like “has Eddie peaked already and is it time for him to go?” What’s the point of following sport if the second you get an average result you want to torch the best thing about the last year 

For me it’s the whole “we have made a huge mistake not buying x and y in the window” and “the owners have made a serious mistake”, as if: 1. It is as simple as just buying your target in a tricky window 2. We have the capability to just spend whatever we want without considering FFP and 3. We didn’t make an attempt to bring anyone in. People tweeting the owners etc man, ffs. 

The plan is for evolution not revolution. Aye we have a good chance of getting into the top four, but say we spent £45 million on Gallagher and that comes out of the summer budget and we fail to get into the top four, where does that leave us? Why settle for players that the recruitment team and Howe don’t think will improve us as much as we’d like. 

I’d have loved us to strengthen further but there is a bigger picture and we are clearly looking at the long term. Let’s show some patience and enjoy the journey, not just the destination. 

18 minutes ago, midds said:

Defy anyone to have predicted that at mid February we would have lost just 2 games of football so far, be 4th and have a legitimate shot at staying there and we'd be preparing for our first Cup Final in 24 years. This season has been a phenomenal effort from Howe and the team, they've entertained us and made us proud of the club again. There have been some results which have been frustrating obviously and maybe another player or 2 in the window would have been useful and it's fair to point it out.

But if people want to dwell on the very few negatives repeatedly rather than celebrate the positives then I really don't know what to say to them tbph. It's sport and sometimes it doesn't go perfectly and that's fine. I'd urge everyone to take a few steps back and have a look at what's been achieved by the team in it's entirety, it's an amazing transformation and it's going to get better and better as we build this club and team up - just try and fucking enjoy it :lol:

Get this in the Ace Posts thread. 

Not one of the septic 6 was going to loan us a player either, so it would have had to be someone from abroad. The only player that I thought may have been on was Maddison. Not sure the if's and why's of that one. Sounds like he has numerous suitors.

4 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I think the point is that most fans, at least in this board, accept that we're a bit light in midfield, no one has really disagreed on that point.

It's more the repetitive revelling in the "missed opportunity" that was the January transfer market.

It's always the same people doing this after every window too.

Some of them were so certain we'd make no progress this season without signing a right winger in the summer, that argument proved completely wrong and so that has been swept under the carpet, and now it is lamenting how much we are going to struggle because we have left the squad too thin. At least have the sense to wait and see how things play out before going on about it as if it has already happened?!

My bet is that once again they will be proved wrong, and it will get swept under the rug until next summer when they can come up with something else to complain about after that window.

Bit of a difference between not paying £40m+ in buying a world class right winger and instead choosing to improve what we have, and giving away your only back-up number 6 like.

But hopefully you’re right Kaka, and we still finish 4th, even though pretty much nobody has said we cannot.

Guest reefatoon

I remember when Keegan sold Cole and we didn’t replace him that window. We all wondered why and were concerned, but then we bided our time and bought Ferdinand in the summer and all was forgotten. Sometimes it pays in the long run to wait these things out. I am sure we will bring in much better quality in the summer compared to what options we had in Jan.

I think people should realise that we have over-performed. We shouldn't expect over performance from Miggy, Burn, etc but should relish it when it happens. 

I think the last few games without Bruno is probably par with the players we have. 

Still find it amazing though how far we have come, when we are disappointed to draw away from home in the premier league after playing poorly.