Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I was mosty agreeing with your point.

I can understand people not being concerned - it's early days - but the whole thing is genuinely weird. I'm a little assured by the fact that West Ham & NUFC hierarchy seem to rate him highly. But the lack of appearances for West Ham and yes even us, is a genuine amber/red flag.

We don't have a stacked bench. A lot of deadwood get 5-10 minutes a game, why doesn't he get that? 

Edited by The College Dropout

57 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Eh? Target doesn’t become a bad signing just because his competition is having a blinding season.

You think Burn "is having a blinding season". He's a reasonable left sided CH but is an extremely limited LB who offers nothing going forward. Targett is not a particularly good LB either but somebody gave the ok to buy him and presumably not to be back up to Dan Burn.

3 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

I’d give Ashby a chance to you know, play a game in the PL for us before we start saying he’s not going to make it.

Good that nobody is saying he's not going to make it then.

I'm happy for him to get a lot of playing time, same as I am for Anderson. I'd love it if Howe gave Ashby the chance to start f.ex against Wolves and Forest after the Man City game. Give Trippier a rest, ready on the bench to step in if Ashby is struggling. Ashby and Anderson need to get the chance now to show if they can cut it. Training and 5-10 minutes every other week isn't enough. If Howe don't think he can offer them more they need to be loaned out or moved on. I was optimistic by Howes statement after pre-season thinking Anderson would get more chances but sadly he hasn't had the opportunity to settle into the side.

10 hours ago, Conjo said:

21 (or 22 as he'll soon be) is young in life, but not that young for a PL footballer. He hasn't even made our bench which is pretty damning considering how it's looked the last month, and has hardly played first team football at any point in his career so far. It's not too late of course, but if he isn't even in contention by this age he's most likely not going to make it at this level.

I mean you’ve literally said it’s most likely he’s not going to make it at this level? 

Shaw (Malacia), Chilwell (Cucarella), Robertson (Tsimikas), Zinchenko (Tierney), Ake, Davies (Sessegnon). I think we are lagging behind a bit in the LB position. Targett is a reasonable LB defensively but offers little going forward. We need an elite level LB for where we are hoping to go.

28 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

You think Burn "is having a blinding season". He's a reasonable left sided CH but is an extremely limited LB who offers nothing going forward. Targett is not a particularly good LB either but somebody gave the ok to buy him and presumably not to be back up to Dan Burn.

Correct, he's a crucial part of the best defence in the league :thup: Extremely limited ffs [emoji38]

From what I've seen from West Ham fans Ashby has real potential and should have been getting games for the first team. For some reason they say Moyes just doesn't trust the kids and hardly plays many of them or give them much of a chance. 

This is why Ashby wanted out as he said himself he wasn't getting a chance there. 

For us I think we rate him highly but we need to get him up to match practice and fitness that the PL demands. I've seen very few videos of him but what I have seen has been that he's very energetic and has a very good free kick ability. 

He does seem like the perfect protege for Trippier, and I'm excited to see him in our first team which will definitely happen once he's ready. 

7 hours ago, jack j said:

Hope Eddie isn't a victim of his earlier success this season. Even if we completely drop off the end of this season he deserves full support which am sure the board will give him

Pretty sure the board will give him it. Some of our fans though, I’m not so sure. 

8 hours ago, jack j said:

Hope Eddie isn't a victim of his earlier success this season. Even if we completely drop off the end of this season he deserves full support which am sure the board will give him

My worry too, already clueless morons saying shit like “he can’t take us to the next level” after the Liverpool game. Wonder if Bournemouth fans said that after a defeat when they were in League 2?

46 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

My worry too, already clueless morons saying shit like “he can’t take us to the next level” after the Liverpool game. Wonder if Bournemouth fans said that after a defeat when they were in League 2?

Too nice is the new favourite expression for the twittercunts

The really stupid thing about the whole 'too nice' argument is he's already been proven able to make tough decisions a lot of other managers wouldn't have done, such as shifting Lascelles to the bench first chance he got, seemingly shifting Fraser to the reserves due to some sort of bust up (I can't see him making that kind of move for the sake of it), everyone being terrified he'd rely on Ritchie due to their history yet reducing his minutes first chance he got.

Hasn't it been well established one of Tindall's roles is being the nice guy for the players to counteract Howe's more stoic approach? 

It seems idiots love to throw 'too nice' around for no other reason than he's unfailingly polite and keeps his emotions in check in front of the public.