Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

We've been a genuinely excellent team for a year, bar some dips, with some fairly journeymen players in the squad.

Howe is very good tactically and our underlying numbers over the year reflect that. Every team has weaknesses, football is a short blanket game as Rafa said. You move someone somewhere else and a new problem appears. It's the same for 99% of teams and the good coaches focus on net benefit over time.

There are loads of articles about how he's changed us from 21/22, including a switch midway through last season. Bruno says he's a genius, Wilshere said he was an unbelievable coach, Joe Cole talked about how good he is tactically at creating overloads. There'll be countless examples of this.

Proud as fuck for him tonight. He knows we can do better and we will improve. We look a team who need a run of easier games to find attacking rhythm and some upping of this side of our game on the training pitch.

I love owld eddie and what he's done for us. But this year it seem teams have cottoned on to the gaps in between our midfield and defense and we are yet to address that. If he can't get a centre mid to sit or be disciplined enough he needs to switch formation. Cmon eddie we believe. 

10 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

I'm a documentary filmmaker and generally hate watching other documentaries. When I do, it is specifically to improve my own abilities.

Aye definitely wouldn’t pick anything watching the best teams in europe playing against each other.

2 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

Aye definitely wouldn’t pick anything watching the best teams in europe playing against each other.

I am sure he has watched CL games on tv, And probably even studied PSG and Milan's performances last year, you weirdo.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

Just now, Bellis80 said:

You realise he went around Europe looking at different teams training methods and tactical implementations and in his year out the game right? He doesn't need to be at a game to get valuable information about elite teams. In fact it's probably easier doing it remotely :lol:

I don’t really see what’s wrong with pointing out that the performance was really poor and we were extremely lucky to walk away with a point. Bookies had it basically as a coinflip pre-game and it was nothing like that. Nerves must have played a part and I’m hopeful that was our worst performance of the group stage but there’s a lot of work for Eddie to do.

9 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

We've been a genuinely excellent team for a year, bar some dips, with some fairly journeymen players in the squad.

Howe is very good tactically and our underlying numbers over the year reflect that. Every team has weaknesses, football is a short blanket game as Rafa said. You move someone somewhere else and a new problem appears. It's the same for 99% of teams and the good coaches focus on net benefit over time.

There are loads of articles about how he's changed us from 21/22, including a switch midway through last season. Bruno says he's a genius, Wilshere said he was an unbelievable coach, Joe Cole talked about how good he is tactically at creating overloads. There'll be countless examples of this.

Proud as fuck for him tonight. He knows we can do better and we will improve. We look a team who need a run of easier games to find attacking rhythm and some upping of this side of our game on the training pitch.

Thank you for restoring faith in humanity.

15 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Great post. :clap:

I will still say we are a year, two years ahead of where we planned to be.

The squad, the infrastructure, the European know how is not there yet and this was Howes first ever game in Europe.

Not in the Conference or Europa league but in the Champions League playing at the San Siro.

This will be a massive learning curve for both the manager and the club and like it or not we are still nowhere near the level we need or want to be.

But let's just enjoy the journey and support the lads.

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

39 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Cracking post.

17 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

I will still say we are a year, two years ahead of where we planned to be.

The squad, the infrastructure, the European know how is not there yet and this was Howes first ever game in Europe.

Not in the Conference or Europa league but in the Champion League playing at the San Siro.

This will be a massive learning curve for both the manager and the club and like it or not we are still nowhere near the level we need or want to be.

But let's just enjoy the journey and support the lads.

This is ultimately where a lot of fans frustrations are coming from.

The media screamed we were now the richest club in the world and were going to be the next Man City or Chelsea, and start spending big to get to the top and the Saudi's only expect the best ... blah blah blah. The fans ate it up and keep waiting for this to happen because that's what they want most. Ignoring FFP rules and piling up 115 infractions of our own.

But listen to the people in charge of running things day to day and they continue to maintain it will be a rationale slower build that is sustainable that is in line with FFP restrictions. But the fans have convinced themselves it is all a ruse! And so they will continue to stew in frustration.

We have brought in younger players with talent to mould and develop and allow to grow together and a young manager with ability and talent, with lots of room to grow still, which he will, because he constantly looks to do so. However this is not what most fans want and so most signings are rubbished and every sub par performance is 'unacceptable'.

They'd better get used to it though, because this is the project that is in place, so get with the process and what they are building towards or just support some other club that is at the top already and throwing money around and piling up FFP infractions.

Edited by KaKa

Howe needs to bring the jou back in the team again, and play with more freedome, atm we look shit scared of doing mistakes. We look afraid to try passes and more often than not we play the safe pass instead of threading it through. 

Hope we get it sorted out soon.

1 hour ago, Pata said:

I don’t really see what’s wrong with pointing out that the performance was really poor and we were extremely lucky to walk away with a point. Bookies had it basically as a coinflip pre-game and it was nothing like that. Nerves must have played a part and I’m hopeful that was our worst performance of the group stage but there’s a lot of work for Eddie to do.

The fact that that's weapons-grade horseshit is the main issue.

It wasn't even close to 'really poor'. Disjointed and ineffective going forward I'll give you but there was plenty to like about the performance. We were incredibly dogged, kept our emotions and mentality in check, strong at the back (with some good fortune) and had spells where we were in total control of the match. We also had a knack of winning possession back quickly after losing it and were very effective at buying time, either through winning fouls or just keeping possession - not a bad tactic at the San Siro. That's before we get onto the various brilliant individual performances. 

There are some tactical issues atm, I would totally agree with that. But criticism to that degree is just plain wrong. We wouldn't have got out of there with a point if we were really poor/awful/whatever.

1 hour ago, Charlies said:

Exactly this

I love Eddie but we got battered 0-0 tonight.

You can point to the result all you like, which was indeed a good result, but we play 10 more games like that and we lose 8 or 9 of them. It's not sustainable, and we need more fret going forwards. We had one shot of note and it was in the 94th minute. They tested out GK repeatedly. That we came away with a point today is lucky, not good work by the players or manager.

Feels like the parts are greater than the sum at the moment. I've felt it all season, and becomes more apparent when we play teams who play at a higher level and the best players can make the pitch seem much bigger.

But Eddie is still new to this level, and he's an intelligent bloke. He's still learning and getting better.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

What was the question? :lol:

Rocks up 5 minutes late because he was stuck in a lift and blurts out 

‘you’re going to have to keep the ball better than that if you want to progress won’t you?’

This is after Howe had spent the whole time praising the team for their hard word, the conditions, the atmosphere, the inexperience, the clean sheet. Absolute bellend.