Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Honestly.  Fuck me sideways. 

Opinions and all that.  But how anyone can watch this team and accuse players of half-arsing it or being disinterested.  WOW. 

I thought Tonali and Murphy looked a bit gassed and slow to react at times last night.  But not like they genuinely weren't trying, didn't care etc.  Our biggest strength since Howe came in, is how everyone has bought into his methods and tactics.  I don't think that has changed at all.  Just some teething problems with key players missing, the team trying to evolve and also trying to bed in some new players.  Who aren't quite on the same level yet. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Maybe Howe thinks it’s physically impossible for us to press at the levels we did last season, after all we’ve got more games and matches seem to last about 100 minutes these days.

Liverpool had burn out under Klopp and didn’t look the same team.

The biggest thing for me is what we do with possession and our inability currently to create chances. There’s definitely a disconnect between the midfield and front 3, which is why Isak looks out of sorts.

There was a run Isak made yesterday and Gordon just got it all wrong, it’s a major problem and will cause issues even against poor sides at home who pack their defence.

I have full confidence in Eddie Howe finding solutions to the current problems. That's the beauty of having a good manager at the helm who has proved he knows exactly what he's doing. It's just a little frustrating at the minute after watching the way we played last season.

30 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Maybe Howe thinks it’s physically impossible for us to press at the levels we did last season, after all we’ve got more games and matches seem to last about 100 minutes these days.

Liverpool had burn out under Klopp and didn’t look the same team.

Been wondering this myself.

3 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Doing a small amount of perusing that Bournemouth home thread from last season, and it is grim as hell. Some of you are totally revising your stances from last season :lol:

Bournemouth home was one of the poorest performances during that stretch iirc. Crystal Palace draw was way more unluckier and still not sure how it ended 0-0.

Edited by Pata

3 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Doing a small amount of perusing that Bournemouth home thread from last season, and it is grim as hell. Some of you are totally revising your stances from last season :lol:

[emoji38][emoji38]:lol:

Not at all surprised to hear that.

Just now, Pata said:

Bournemouth home was one of the poorer performances during that stretch iirc. Crystal Palace draw was way more unluckier and still not sure how it ended 0-0.

Fair enough, but it was just grim reading from a few of the usual suspects here during that period. I am not going to just buy their revisionist history.

2 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

Been wondering this myself.

Think there’s definitely an element of holding back, there’s no way it’s not been a conscious decision. Could be because of the ridiculous fixtures we’ve had at the start of the season, try and get points without running the players into the ground.

Have a feeling we might see the return of the press on Sunday against poorer opposition. 

https://trainingground.guru/articles/mark-leyland-why-i-left-newcastle-united-for-city-football-group

Leyland described the level of detail that Howe and his coaching staff go into as “mind blowing.” The Magpies were deep in the relegation zone when Howe arrived, in November 2021, and he led them to an 11th-place finish in his first season (2021/22). Champions League qualification then followed the next season, in his first full campaign.

“The way the manager works at Newcastle, and his coaching staff, they are incredible, they are so elite,” Leyland, who joined Newcastle in December 2021, told the TGG Podcast.

“Their processes, their delivery of training sessions, their review of matches and the detail they go into in analysing the performance of themselves and the players is mind blowing. They are an incredible bunch of staff.”

Of Howe in particular, Leyland said: “He’s obsessed with football, it’s his whole life. He’s an incredible human being, an unbelievable football coach and an incredible thinker on the game.”

On 20/09/2023 at 20:59, Vinny Green Balls said:

Thought exactly the same. I still remember the numerous complaints about Willock 'half arsing blocks' against Wolves and Man City a year ago.

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

https://trainingground.guru/articles/mark-leyland-why-i-left-newcastle-united-for-city-football-group

Leyland described the level of detail that Howe and his coaching staff go into as “mind blowing.” The Magpies were deep in the relegation zone when Howe arrived, in November 2021, and he led them to an 11th-place finish in his first season (2021/22). Champions League qualification then followed the next season, in his first full campaign.

“The way the manager works at Newcastle, and his coaching staff, they are incredible, they are so elite,” Leyland, who joined Newcastle in December 2021, told the TGG Podcast.

“Their processes, their delivery of training sessions, their review of matches and the detail they go into in analysing the performance of themselves and the players is mind blowing. They are an incredible bunch of staff.”

Of Howe in particular, Leyland said: “He’s obsessed with football, it’s his whole life. He’s an incredible human being, an unbelievable football coach and an incredible thinker on the game.”

This is all the kind of stuff I still remember reading from before.

It's why I have absolutely no concerns and know it's just a matter of time before we go up another gear or two.

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Thought exactly the same. I still remember the numerous complaints about Willock 'half arsing blocks' against Wolves and Man City a year ago.

I haven't bothered reading back through the Willock thread, but when you think back to when we were at our best, we had Longstaff, Willock, Bruno and Joelinton in there. Three of those would be considered less than elite, but collectively they worked really well. That's not to say they can't be improved, but will take some time to gel with new players.

42 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Willock was excellent last season, but for some reason he didn't get the credit he deserved and often was a target when things didn't go to plan.  His link up with Joelinton was supoib and one of our biggest attacking strengths.

Sometimes things we don’t appreciate aren’t valued until they are absent. Little Joe=NUFC’s electricity supply. 

14 hours ago, KaKa said:

This is all the kind of stuff I still remember reading from before.

It's why I have absolutely no concerns and know it's just a matter of time before we go up another gear or two.

Minus 17: When you know, you know! 

:howe:

Edited by PauloGeordio

Eddie got us into the champions league.

We've played 6 games this season, 5 in the premier league and 1 in the champions league.

We have 6 points from 5 very tough fixture starts.

One hiccup against Liverpool which we've seen all top teams do at some stage in almost every season.

We have 1 point away to AC Milan with a squad of players of which three quarters of them have never played in, yet we battled for a point.

If we went for it and got slaughtered Eddie Howe would be classed as past it by some fans and pundits.

One thing about Eddie Howe. He learns and to get to be elite manager status you have to make mistakes and learn from them, to be better.

For me Eddie Howe has a free pass this season.

He has to bed in a lot of players from the start of the season to the end and not just the ones he bought but the youngsters who are teetering on the edge of the first team, like Lewis Miley as a major instance.

I'm extremely happy with Eddie Howe and at this time I wouldn't swap him for any other manager when you consider we do have restraints that other clubs don't seem to have.

We are the new kids on the block on the elite, favourable clubs and Eddie is still basically finding his feet in those stakes.

I know most fans back Eddie and co to the hilt but there's some that appear impatient and over expectant and that's not good for anyone.

Sometimes easy to forget what it was like to have absolute gormless cunts in charge. We've been led by Steve Bruce, Pardew and probably the nadir came when John Carver was given the job under the previous regime.

Now you can actually watch the press conferences and feel a glow of pride knowing your manager will represent the club in the best manner.